15 year old boy......

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
For those of you who heard or read about the 15 year old boy who pulled a knife on his counselor......and the counselor fled, leaving the boy and the minivan, COULD YA PLEASE TELL ME.... why does a 37 year old man run from a 15 year old?? (psssst not to mention he is/was responsible for the safe delivery of the 15 year old child)

M

missperky

Knife? :shrug: And just because the kid is 15 doesn't mean he doesn't have any power. IMO

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
river rat said:
For those of you who heard or read about the 15 year old boy who pulled a knife on his counselor......and the counselor fled, leaving the boy and the minivan, COULD YA PLEASE TELL ME.... why does a 37 year old man run from a 15 year old?? (psssst not to mention he is/was responsible for the safe delivery of the 15 year old child)
My 15 year old son is alot taller and bigger than me. :shrug:

K

Kain99

I'm gonna be honest bubba... Until you are faced with that situation, it is unfair to judge.

We all talk a dayum good game... :wink:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
river rat said:
Looks like everybody thinks that was a pretty stupid question. Want to go Premo so you can delete this thread?

BuddyLee

Football addict
river rat said:
Maybe he looked like Damien from The Omen...or Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
I'm gonna be honest bubba... Until you are faced with that situation, it is unfair to judge.

We all talk a dayum good game... :wink:
I would run like the wind! I'd probably be crying, too.

missperky said:
Knife? :shrug: And just because the kid is 15 doesn't mean he doesn't have any power. IMO
Exactly. My 13 year old son is already 5' 9 1/2" with a size 12 shoe. He's pretty powerful already and testosterone is only just now kicking in. I can only imagine what size he'll be in two more years.

MMDad

Lem Putt
river rat said:
Because he had a knife?

This wasn't a cop, or a soldier. It wasn't his job to die. He did the right thing.

If he had been a prison guard, that would be one thing, but he wasn't. I would bet that he probably followed the procedures he was required to. If he had tried to be a hero, he'd be unemployed today.

Before you judge the actions of people, you should try to get a little, tiny bit of knowledge about the topic. Idiot.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
My 18 year nephew is 5' 11" and 311 pounds. I weigh 120. He stays in line. I won't tolerate it.
I hope your children don't know ya'll are skeered.

onebdzee

off the shelf
harleygirl said:
My 15 year old son is alot taller and bigger than me. :shrug:

He was in a group home as part of his probation for assualt....the questions that run through my mind are....first, why didn't hi counsler have correct directions to the school where he was supposed to be going....second, what was a 15 yr old on probation for assault getting a knife....and lastly, why didn't the male counselor restrain this boy like he was supposed to be trained to do

I was working in a "group home/level 5 school"(emotional and behavioral problem teens) in Towson and we had to go through training in restraining those kids....they are also taught to "chase them" as long as it is not endangering themselves or others....the counslers went through a more intense training than the admin dept did...but, we all had to go through it....it was state mandated in order for a person to work around any of those kids....and from what I understand the mandates are just the same or more stricker

MMDad

Lem Putt
river rat said:
My 18 year nephew is 5' 11" and 311 pounds. I weigh 120. He stays in line. I won't tolerate it.
I hope your children don't know ya'll are skeered.

Idiot. Suppose this was a kid who doesn't know you. He pulls a knife and threatens you. What do you do? Two possibilities in tomorrow's headlines:

1. Kid threatens rat. Rat flees and returns to fight another day

2. Idiot fights kid with knife. Funeral Friday

K

Kain99

onebdzee said:
He was in a group home as part of his probation for assualt....the questions that run through my mind are....first, why didn't hi counsler have correct directions to the school where he was supposed to be going....second, what was a 15 yr old on probation for assault getting a knife....and lastly, why didn't the male counselor restrain this boy like he was supposed to be trained to do

I was working in a "group home/level 5 school"(emotional and behavioral problem teens) in Towson and we had to go through training in restraining those kids....they are also taught to "chase them" as long as it is not endangering themselves or others....the counslers went through a more intense training than the admin dept did...but, we all had to go through it....it was state mandated in order for a person to work around any of those kids....and from what I understand the mandates are just the same or more stricker
Again, Save the judgement. Until you are faced with an identical situation, shut it!

Truth: Even those who are trained, "Freeze" in violent situations. It's only the truly ignorant, who do not realize this.

Not being personal, I just know.