19 Y/O Woman Charged w/Attempted Murder Due to Abuse of Newborn

camily

Peace
pixiegirl said:
That's close to you, yes? I know know what's wrong with people today?

Thank God I didn't have girls. I'd slip them birth control pills from puberty until they were 25.

I'm going to have to think of something good for my boys. Fear isn't going to work for forever; they're both going to be bigger then me by they time they're 7.
Yeah, not too far. When I hear things like this I always think of the hell that was going on while my kids and I were nice and cozy, maybe having ice cream, or taking a bath, or watching a new movie they got. Lets just hope she is geting her ass kicked in jail. Women in jail don't like to see a mother come in that has hurt their kids when many of them want nothing more than to even see theirs.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Thank God I didn't have girls, thank God I didn't have girls, thank god I didn't have girls. :jameo:

I'm sure this type of stuff happened when I was growing up but you never heard about it and it was never so close to home. I grew up with a lot of girls who had kids in highschool. They never killed their babies.

camily

Peace
pixiegirl said:
Thank God I didn't have girls, thank God I didn't have girls, thank god I didn't have girls. :jameo:

I'm sure this type of stuff happened when I was growing up but you never heard about it and it was never so close to home. I grew up with a lot of girls who had kids in highschool. They never killed their babies.
Exactly! I don't see how you can look at an infant, 18 days old, and actually throw it. I mean, how does that happen???

tastycakes

Is there something in the water?? I'm not that old and can't believe the amount of these types of stories. The pure lack of emotion that come out of these people is truly scary. The way this second girl sounds you would have thought she left a doll out there. Can just picture her being like "so, what's the problem with what I did?"

misslady67

pixiegirl said:

Ok but they didn't get pregnant on their own. I have the same "talks" with my son as I do with my daughter. Be careful...there have been other stories that involved BOTH the crazy a@@ boy and girl. :popcorn:

J

juggy4805

It upsets me that people take for granted being able to even have a child.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
misslady67 said:
:yeahthat: and owner's manuals should come with the kids. DIfferent models and makes need different manuals.

True. However, don't count on any guy to read any manual though.

I know I don't read manuals. :lmao:

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
I have but one thing to say...let her rott in jail. People like this are not fit to be out in public. A nice dark dank hole would be a great place for sick people like this. :wench:

beavis

I think what saddens me most is the thought of all the people in the adoption process. There are SO many people who would've GLADLY LOVED that little baby. To think her own mother tried to kill her...

I am SURE there is a special place in hell for people like her. And it's a judge and jury's job to send that b**** to hell as soon as possible!!

:burning: :tantrum :cussing:

...on a lighter note, i hear all of this actually took place last week and the baby is now in foster care and doing quite well....i guess my prayers were answered...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Katt said:
I have some sympathy for this girl.

I know, I know. It's no excuse. But I remember what it was like to be 19 years old with an infant that wouldn't stop crying and a husband who worked long hours.

Granted, I didn't throw my son around, but I did leave him to cry in the crib while I went out front to smoke a cigarette and drink an iced tea, and calm down. And I remember thinking, "This is why these girls shake their babies or smother them to death." I was literally afraid to touch him when we were both jacked up like that.

And don't any of you try to pretend you were some Mother of the Year who never got frustrated by a crying baby.

Ideally this young woman would have been taught what to do when this sort of thing happens (and it WILL happen) so that she could deal with it more effectively and not lose her mind. Call your Mom. Call your friend. "PLEASE come over here and sit with the baby for a few minutes while I get myself together!!!"

I feel sorry for her.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:

I know, I know. It's no excuse. But I remember what it was like to be 19 years old with an infant that wouldn't stop crying and a husband who worked long hours.

Granted, I didn't throw my son around, but I did leave him to cry in the crib while I went out front to smoke a cigarette and drink an iced tea, and calm down. And I remember thinking, "This is why these girls shake their babies or smother them to death." I was literally afraid to touch him when we were both jacked up like that.

And don't any of you try to pretend you were some Mother of the Year who never got frustrated by a crying baby.

Ideally this young woman would have been taught what to do when this sort of thing happens (and it WILL happen) so that she could deal with it more effectively and not lose her mind. Call your Mom. Call your friend. "PLEASE come over here and sit with the baby for a few minutes while I get myself together!!!"

I feel sorry for her.
I have definitely felt that way. I was 19 when I got married and 22 when I had my daughter. I remember a specific incident when she wouldn't stop crying after several night with little or no sleep. I was holding her and crying and I wanted to shake her and yell to just stop. BUT I put her down in the crib and walked away until I was in control. I understand that. Mad that my husband left the house (even if our relationship sucked) and tired of being a mom (after 18 days) so I pick up the baby and throw her down?? Not a chance in hell.

camily

Peace
beavis said:
I think what saddens me most is the thought of all the people in the adoption process. There are SO many people who would've GLADLY LOVED that little baby. To think her own mother tried to kill her...

I am SURE there is a special place in hell for people like her. And it's a judge and jury's job to send that b**** to hell as soon as possible!!

:burning: :tantrum :cussing:

...on a lighter note, i hear all of this actually took place last week and the baby is now in foster care and doing quite well....i guess my prayers were answered...
Just on the news and they said the baby was still in NICU.

tastycakes

vraiblonde said:

I feel sorry for her.

I can completely understand what your saying. Difference is, you didn't take it out on a baby. She could have kicked the wall, punched a wall, broke something that was dear to her husband if that is truly who she was trying to get... but to take it out on the baby.

I myself was a young mom and can remember wondering what did I get myself into. Difference is, when I got frustrated I would go into the bathroom or closet and scream into a pillow. I would even cry with the baby at some points.

There really should be a more realistic class on parenting. This way, teens will have more of a clue of what they are getting themselves into. The delusion that it's just like babysitting is as far from reality as it can be. I've heard many teen girls saying this and I don't know whether to laugh or be scared.