19 Y/O Woman Charged w/Attempted Murder Due to Abuse of Newborn

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Nickel said:
And how about all the military wives that do it with multiple children, completely on their own, in a place they aren't even comfortable calling home? I have no sympathy. You need to grow up when you have a child, and she obviously didn't get that memo.
:high5:

nomoney

vraiblonde said:
Well, you all are just perfect little Mommies. :huggy: :rolleyes:

Each one of you that say you have no sympathy for this girl admit you had a mother close by who relieved you on occasion. Yes, you were the primary caregiver but you weren't completely alone. At least you had someone to talk to when the going got tough.

I don't know this girl's situation - whether she had family nearby or not - but I remember quite well being completely alone, half a continent away from my family, with a crying infant.

I'm not offering any excuses or suggesting she should not be punished, but I do understand what prompted her to do it.

NOTHING should prompt anyone to do something like that? :duh: You can't be serious? You're sitting here criticizing those that didn't attempt to kill their kids? Really?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I feel nothing for that girl. You wanna talk about someone who had to do EVERYTHING including driving herself TO the hospital while in labor and driving herself home :howdy: I didn't have any family around when I had my oldest. Her father was on deployment and would not be back until she was ten weeks old. Yes I had friends but I was not going to ask them to help me with a baby when they didn't have any themselves.

There is NO excuse for that piece of scum to do that to a baby.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
Many times I would lay him down, close the door, and cry myself. But I NEVER hurt him. NEVER. And mine was a 11pm to 4am nonstop screamer for 2 months.
Just because you, personally, never injured your child doesn't mean you can't understand and feel some sympathy for a girl with less self-control.

Throwing your infant to the floor in a fit of frustration and anger isn't quite the same thing as, say, chasing down five children and systematically drowning them in the bathtub. One is true temporary insanity - the other is premeditated murder.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
Just because you, personally, never injured your child doesn't mean you can't understand and feel some sympathy for a girl with less self-control.
Okay, say a man has a hard day at work. He gets home, his wife gives him lip. He punches her. Or shoots her. Or strangles her. Or throws her off the balcony into the street. Do you feel sympathy for him? I mean, I'm sure you've had a hard day at work, and have come home feeling frustrated. Poor guy, he just doesn't know how to control his anger. :rolleyes: Gimme a break.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
nomoney said:
You're sitting here criticizing those that didn't attempt to kill their kids? Really?
Duh. I think anyone who manages to get their children to adulthood without killing them is a paragon of restraint and self-control. :lol:

I'm throwing the :bs: flag on all these Mommies of the Year who frankly admit they've been in this girl's shoes, yet can't work up even a little bit of sympathy or understanding for her.

Guess I'm the only one who isn't perfect and has lost my temper on occasion. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
I'm throwing the :bs: flag on all these Mommies of the Year who frankly admit they've been in this girl's shoes, yet can't work up even a little bit of sympathy or understanding for her.
How is it BS? You think we're lying? We actually do feel sympathy, but don't want to share? That's a crock of shiat. I save my sympathy for people that deserve it, and at this point in my life, she's at the bottom of the effing barrel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
Okay, say a man has a hard day at work. He gets home, his wife gives him lip. He punches her. Or shoots her. Or strangles her. Or throws her off the balcony into the street. Do you feel sympathy for him?
Depends on the woman :lol:

Actually, I've known guys who I couldn't understand how they could live with their harpy without smacking the #### out of her. But most guys who smack their ##### up are longtime bullies, not guys who had enough and finally snapped.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:

Actually, I've known guys who I couldn't understand how they could live with their harpy without smacking the #### out of her. But most guys who smack their ##### up are longtime bullies, not guys who had enough and finally snapped.
Would you have sympathy for the guy if he had been the one to throw the baby down? Wait, the paper today says she grabbed the baby by the jaw to turn her head, held her out infront of her and threw her down watching her head hit first. No, no sympathy at all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
I understand the frustration. I had to walk away a few times. I will never understand how someone can take it to that next level.
Thank you.

But I CAN understand how a person could take it to that next level. I don't condone it or approve of it, but I do understand. I'm sure this girl feels horrible and she's going to have to live with this for the rest of her life.

I don't think she's some heinous killer, who'll beat the rap and go out looking for another innocent victim to murder. I think this was a momentary loss of control and her punishment should reflect that.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:

Not that I agree with hitting a woman at all, but that would be a woman, a grown woman, not a baby.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
camily said:
Not that I agree with hitting a woman at all, but that would be a woman, a grown woman, not a baby.
It's okay to injure people when you're frustrated Camily, that's just "temporary insanity".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
We actually do feel sympathy, but don't want to share?
No - I think you're being callous and reactionary. Sharpening up the pitchforks and lighting the torches when you should be saying, "Thank God I had better self-control."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
It's okay to injure people when you're frustrated Camily, that's just "temporary insanity".
I did not say it was "okay", Nickel. I simply said I understand.

D

dems4me

Where does post pardon (?) syndrom/hormones play in this? Arn't women supposed to experience mood changes and irrational behavior and thoughts after giving birth and some need medications, etc... wouldn't that be a defense for the mother if she's up against attempted murder? She had just popped this baby out 2 and a half weeks at the time of this incident :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:
Thank you.

But I CAN understand how a person could take it to that next level. I don't condone it or approve of it, but I do understand. I'm sure this girl feels horrible and she's going to have to live with this for the rest of her life.

I don't think she's some heinous killer, who'll beat the rap and go out looking for another innocent victim to murder. I think this was a momentary loss of control and her punishment should reflect that.

Do you feel she was suffering from severe post partum depression? It has affected some to become irrational and violent.

I still think she needed to just walk away and calm down. It was an option. She didn't choose it. She hurt a defenseless infant.

At what point to people become responsible for their actions?

Midnightrider

Nickel said:
that is as long as they are smaller than you or defenseless.

But at least she is being consistant, raping dancers -ok, beating your wife-ok, killing baby cuz he cries- ok

D

dems4me

bresamil said:
Do you feel she was suffering from severe post partum depression? It has affected some to become irrational and violent.

I still think she needed to just walk away and calm down. It was an option. She didn't choose it. She hurt a defenseless infant.

At what point to people become responsible for their actions?

That's the term I was looking for!! thanks! :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
No - I think you're being callous and reactionary. Sharpening up the pitchforks and lighting the torches when you should be saying, "Thank God I had better self-control."
And that's my prerogative. Having not thrown my child in anger, I have the right to snub my nose at ignorant people that can't hold their temper and take it out on a baby. Like I said, I save my sympathy for people how deserve it. She does not.