2023 Hummingbird Thread

glhs837

Power with Control
Put ours out yesterday, wife said she'd seen a few around the flowers. As I turned towards the slider into the kitchen to give her a thumbs up, I got dive bombed close enough I felt the wind of his passage on my ear.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Still no sightings. :ohwell: Wonder what I did to pizz them off?

On the nice side, this little guy showed up in the garden today. Had one around last year, but it had a big ding in it's shell, this one doesn't, so not the same one.

20230426_145056.jpg

NOTSMC

I still haven’t seen any hummingbirds yet. 😞
But I do have baby sparrows, blue birds, and chickadees!
Yesterday, I had a red bellied woodpecker on my tree, male and female bluebirds on the edge of my birdbath, a blue jay, goldfinch, indigo bunting, several cardinals at my feeders and one lone hummingbird all at the same time in my front yard. It was color overload for a good five minutes or so.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

No hummers yet in Charlotte Hall. Feeders been up about 2-3 weeks. About 3 weeks ago the wife said she saw a hummer at the feeders. I didnt have any Hummer feeders out, but she's not very good at identifying birds. I think was a very small woodpecker and I do mean small and very colorful, it was eating on the suet cake. Im sure that is what she saw.

NOTSMC

No hummers yet in Charlotte Hall. Feeders been up about 2-3 weeks. About 3 weeks ago the wife said she saw a hummer at the feeders. I didnt have any Hummer feeders out, but she's not very good at identifying birds. I think was a very small woodpecker and I do mean small and very colorful, it was eating on the suet cake. Im sure that is what she saw.
I had two baby downy woodpeckers last year - really hoping for a repeat this year. They were just the cutest little things.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just saw another one. Might be the same one as before. Dark with a white ring around the neck.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My little guy is super skittish. My cat was on the porch and I went out after her and could hear him chirping at her. Then I saw him hovering off the porch and go sit on a branch.

3CATSAILOR

Any sightings?

I put my feeder out late last week. Haven’t seen any here in Port Tobacco. They should be arriving in Southern Maryland any time now.
There was one in Ridge. My neighbor has four feeders out. Only one Hummer spotted though. And he has not returned. Apparently only passing through.