Let's get to work as fast as we can!

John Z

if you will
We all love our jobs down here at Pax, I guess. We have to get to our jobs as fast as possible! Driving south on Rt 235 to Pax, in the short stretch between Rolling Rd (K-Mart) and Chancellor's Run Rd (Sheetz), one truck in front of me ran a red light, and two people passed me on the right, using the right turn lane. Sorry I was going an outrageously slow 10 mph over, and that you couldn't figure how to use the other two travel lanes to pass legally. :burning:

So, do y'all love your job so much to put your car up on two wheels to get there before 0630? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Its pretty stupid to be going 60+ on 235. Those that do it probably think it's cool, or they drive well enough not to bother with a speed limit. Until they hurt someone or get a ticket :ohwell:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Devil's Advocate

Maybe they weren't going to work; maybe they just got word that their wife was in labor, their child was sick, or a close friend or relative was taking their last breaths.

Just food for thought. :ohwell:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Devil's Advocate

Originally posted by crabcake
Maybe they weren't going to work; maybe they just got word that their wife was in labor, their child was sick, or a close friend or relative was taking their last breaths.

Just food for thought. :ohwell:
Well they aren't gonna get there any faster by driving like a jackazz and getting in an accident. ( I know that dosen't happen 100% of the time. )

crabcake

Re: Re: Devil's Advocate

Originally posted by CMC122
Well they aren't gonna get there any faster by driving like a jackazz and getting in an accident. ( I know that dosen't happen 100% of the time. )

I agree, but in moments of emotional panic, most rational thought goes right out the window. :ohwell: I'm not condoning it; just offering up other possible reasons for hauling azz at 0-dark-30.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I head north on 235 at 0600. If I do 57-60, I hit every light green.
Can even use the cruise control :cool:

crabcake

Originally posted by aps45819
Can even use the cruise control :cool:

I can't remember the last time I got to use my cruise control. :frown: Maybe I need to take a road trip. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
I am pissy about the morons who drive like maniacs and total morons. It took me a long time to get a nice truck and motorcycle, I don't want some retard to wreck it or hurt my boy or I or cause my insurance to be jacked up because they had not friggin mastered the art of eating a McGriddle, steering with their knee, while gabbing on the cell AND weaving traffic between red lights at 65 in a 40 so they can get to their cubicle faster. If Mr/Ms Speed racer wants to open up the sports car they bought go to Buds Creek.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I am pissy about the morons who drive like maniacs and total morons. It took me a long time to get a nice truck and motorcycle, I don't want some retard to wreck it or hurt my boy or I or cause my insurance to be jacked up because they had not friggin mastered the art of eating a McGriddle, steering with their knee, while gabbing on the cell AND weaving traffic between red lights at 65 in a 40 so they can get to their cubicle faster. If Mr/Ms Speed racer wants to open up the sports car they bought go to Buds Creek.

:clap:

It's bad enough when they do it in a Sports car...but when you see a Ford F-450 being driven like a Miata, there are problems.

:mad:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Year ago Feb, I was coming into work, Monday morning, still dark and this car started to overtake me so I speed up a little. He speeds up and I do the same. He increases velocity again so I punch it. He turns on his lights :yikes: Look down I'm doing 80 :blushing: Cop comes up and it's "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?" Told him it was because I was being an egotistical azz and wouldn't let you pass me. He starts laughing and says that's about the most honest answer he's ever heard and gave me a 59 in a 50 1 pointer.

crabcake

Originally posted by Pete
... because they had not friggin mastered the art of eating a McGriddle, steering with their knee, while gabbing on the cell AND weaving traffic between red lights at 65 in a 40

sheesh ... I had those techniques down pat before I was 18. Guess I should teach for a driver's school instead. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Club'nBabySeals
:clap:

It's bad enough when they do it in a Sports car...but when you see a Ford F-450 being driven like a Miata, there are problems.

:mad:
See there is a double standard. They are free to weave, cut off and generally be stupid and they are just "free spirited small indescressions", but if you get on their ass after they cut you off, or refuse to give them space to dodge back in when they reach the end of the turn lane after they flew by you going 70 on the right, you are "an agressive driver" or have "road rage" problems.

Ponytail

Ya know, I used to tolerate all thes bad driving habits, and I fully admit to exhibiting some of them myself at times.

But on Monday morning, while enroute to base, I was in the middle lane and a guy in a green Saturn, came flying up in the left hand lane till he got on the bumper of a car next to me. He then crossed 3 lanes of traffic into the right hand "turn only" lane and passed a motorcycle. He had to have accelerated to at least 70 before reaching him, and then kept going till he hit the light at Chancellors Run, then he changed lanes again.

Since then, I have gotten my ass out of bed 30 minutes early, make sure I am awake, fed, and calm before I get into the truck and I leave myself PLENTY of time to drag my happy ass into my little work world. 'Cuz I'm gonna be riding the bike to work after the weekend, and if that was me on that mortorcycle that was passed on Monday, today there'd be a Green Saturn missing a driver side mirror, for starters.

crabcake

Speaking of motorcycles (which I'm not against, but not a fan of either), I've seen quite a few of 'em lately riding up sidewalks, down the road between cars in traffic like they're threading a needle, and abusing the shoulder for the sole purpose of not having to wait in traffic. THAT shiznit pisses me off! :mad:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Ponytail
Ya know, I used to tolerate all thes bad driving habits, and I fully admit to exhibiting some of them myself at times.

But on Monday morning, while enroute to base, I was in the middle lane and a guy in a green Saturn, came flying up in the left hand lane till he got on the bumper of a car next to me. He then crossed 3 lanes of traffic into the right hand "turn only" lane and passed a motorcycle. He had to have accelerated to at least 70 before reaching him, and then kept going till he hit the light at Chancellors Run, then he changed lanes again.

Since then, I have gotten my ass out of bed 30 minutes early, make sure I am awake, fed, and calm before I get into the truck and I leave myself PLENTY of time to drag my happy ass into my little work world. 'Cuz I'm gonna be riding the bike to work after the weekend, and if that was me on that mortorcycle that was passed on Monday, today there'd be a Green Saturn missing a driver side mirror, for starters.
It is not just the speeding, hell who doesn't do that. It is the insane speeding 20+ over and the weaving and snap lane changes. I think if they catch somebody doing that they should take away their car for a month and make them ride a Vespa scooter down 235 to work. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by crabcake
Speaking of motorcycles (which I'm not against, but not a fan of either), I've seen quite a few of 'em lately riding up sidewalks, down the road between cars in traffic like they're threading a needle, and abusing the shoulder for the sole purpose of not having to wait in traffic. THAT shiznit pisses me off! :mad:
Not to mention stupid. In CA it is legal (used to be anyway when I rode out there) to run on the shoulder and go between cars. Going between cars in traffic jams made me too nervous. They see you coming and crowd over.

crabcake

Originally posted by Pete
I think if they catch somebody doing that they should take away their car for a month and make them ride a Vespa scooter down 235 to work. :lol:

:yeahthat: :killingme Only make it hot pink with Tampax/Kotex sponsorship (for the guys), or bright red/blue with Trojan/Prep H ads (for the women). :yay: