3 Doors Down Concert

Pandora

I will admit yesterday when I posted I was pissed because I learned that my husband had forgotten to make reservation anywhere for dinner, so we decided to hit the parking garage at 4:15 p.m. anyway as planned. We ended up trying the Cadillac Ranch (the don't take reservations - ended up getting in right-away). We parked right at the corner of Fleet Street and Waterfront and were on the 1st level (when we left we shoved our ticket in the slot, $11.00, then put a credit card in to pay for it - very easy getting in and out).

Just as we got to the front of the Cadillac Ranch, we passed two guys on the street. I leaned over and asked my husband "isn't that the lead singer to 3 Door Down?" Next thing you know, the only outsider dinners at Cadillac Ranch jumped up and said "OH MY GOD" they got pictures, we got pictures. And I am embarrassed to say I acted like a 13 year old school girl. :dork: Totally cool to run into Brad Arnold on the street (not sure who the other guy with him was but I got pictures of him too). :yahoo:

2 bands opened for 3 Doors Down, Dreaming of Eden and The Energy. Both bands completely rocked!!! :getdown:

Dreaming of Eden is a melodic hard rock band based out of Northern Virginia. The band is unified by their love for Jesus Christ and seek to share his love and grace with all those who listen.

Second band to play was The Energy from New York. THE ENERGY stands as an exciting new force in music today, a blend of 80s-hard rock with indie sensibilities backing their music's positive message.

After these bands played, they waited and met anyone who wanted to met them, signed posters and gave away promotional CD's and had items to purchase. Everyone of the members of that band was extremely personable and the younger children in attendance thought it was awesome to meet a real band.

The only complaint I had was the way they decided (right at 6 p.m. when the gates were to open) to separate the lines and told V.I.P.'s (aka/Regency rejects) to leave the line we were in and go to where they were starting another. I was starting to worry as we ended up further back from the 1 line to the other, we were going to get crummy seats but we didn't. We were center stage about 7-8 rows back and after 3 Doors Down came out, everyone left their seats and gathered around the front leaving those back rows areas a place to get air. I was 3-4 people back with all the other females who left their males behind to get closer and just when 3 Doors Down got on stage, a young 13-15 year old girl fainted. Poor thing! But they lifted her up - gave her some water and placed her right back in the very front where she was.

1.) They had plenty of bathrooms set up - there was never a line.

2.) There was never any line to wait for beer - you got your ID checked, got a bracelet and purchased tickets - each ticket was $5.00 and each beer was $5.00.

3.) The employees for Kool Productions did an incredible job keeping the mass amount of people under control and that concert was PACKED.

4.) They had 2-3 ATM's inside the concert venue for people.

5.) None of the T-shirt stands took credit cards - and there was only 1 man working the 3 Doors Down table (I thought that 2 would have made that flow better) but my husband got a shirt on the way out and it wasn't but a 5 minute wait. There was just no way in hell we were standing in a line of 100 people to get a shirt before the concert started. I do believe he could have increased his sales with more help.

6.) Bobby McKey's passed out free passes to all of us Regency rejects, giving us free admission into the piano bar after wards. That was pretty cool but it was extremely crowded there - we all hung on the rails and had 1 drink and left - so we stayed 30-40 minutes. Cadillac Ranch is right next door and the line for that place was out the door. They have the mechanical bull that I could have ridden for free when I was there for dinner because it is my birthday - but decided against it because I had a skirt on. :biggrin:

You folks who decided not to go, you missed an incredible time. There is no way us $75.00 seat holders at Regency would have gotten as close as we did at the Harbor.

We had a blast... :thewave:

Pandora

And another lesson I learned.... something I know but sometimes forget... is that sometimes a screw up on a wrench in a plan can work out for the better. Just like not having reservations and ending up meeting Brad Arnold. Just like the concert changing venues and ending up being so close I could have grabbed his leg while he was on stage. Just like sitting in a seat just behind a girlfriend from high school and rekindling a friendship.

It all just ended up working out! :yahoo:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I had gold tickets to the concert and I was right in front of the barrier which was in front of the stage. Concert was a blast!!! Went to Bobby McKey's also and hung out there until 1 am. Good times!!!

kimmiekay98

It sounds like the harbor learned A LOT from the Jason Aldean concert mess ups! Things were not that smooth last weekend. Glad everything turned out good for yall that went!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Concert was awsome, a little shorter than i expected but was still worth it. We didnt get there until like 7:30, got parking quick just jumped a curb to the dirt parking area and got out there. Truck was still there when we left so i assume it was free. After we got the tickets to will call we went in and started moving into the crowd. Got about 10' from the gate for the $75 tickets, and had a blast with all the people around us.

After the concert was over we just walked up the hill to the sidewalk and back to the dirt lot. Got out to 95 in about 10 min. Overall a great experience had a blast.

nana

Nana
I am glad to hear that those that did come had a great time. It wasn't the best way to have a concert but it was a great concert. I was there collecting some of those tickets as you came in the gate. I left a little after 10:30 and was home by 11:15 70 mile round trip.

Thank you for the positive words and come out and join us again this Saturday for George Clinton, John Luskey and Litehouse to name a few.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I am glad to hear that those that did come had a great time. It wasn't the best way to have a concert but it was a great concert. I was there collecting some of those tickets as you came in the gate. I left a little after 10:30 and was home by 11:15 70 mile round trip.

Thank you for the positive words and come out and join us again this Saturday for George Clinton, John Luskey and Litehouse to name a few.

Hook us up with some tickets!

jayzee

Cancelled?

Oh my they cancelled the Harbor Fest today due to Hurricane Threat?
Hurricane Threat?

How about a little honesty and say the nobody gives to flying craps about lifehouse?

Now that's funny

F

forceofnature

Nice to hear it turned out well, and drink prices were reasonable. I went to Mayhem festival and paid $11 a beer. Not sure I will go to Nissan Pavillion again if those prices are the norm.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Nice to hear it turned out well, and drink prices were reasonable. I went to Mayhem festival and paid $11 a beer. Not sure I will go to Nissan Pavillion again if those prices are the norm.

That is the norm for the price of beer at Nissan.

I was a bit disappointed with Mayhem this year and unless there is a killer lineup for next year's show, I'm just gonna pass.