3 Doors Down Concert

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
is that the one that went to St Leonard? Anomaly, not norm. :razz:

He will be there. St. Leonard has awesome performers as does the Calvert Marine Museum.

The whole point is that people purchased tickets with the commute in mind. It has nothing to do with being bitter, etc. If it was on a Saturday, it would be a whole different story for a lot of people.

Beta84

They're out to get us
He will be there. St. Leonard has awesome performers as does the Calvert Marine Museum.

The whole point is that people purchased tickets with the commute in mind. It has nothing to do with being bitter, etc. If it was on a Saturday, it would be a whole different story for a lot of people.

very understandable (i know plenty in this boat), but aren't they offering refunds to anyone who is unhappy with the change in venue?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
very understandable (i know plenty in this boat), but aren't they offering refunds to anyone who is unhappy with the change in venue?

Yep. And the refund was made to our daughter's credit card and we got 4 tickets to a Blue Crabs' game out of the deal.

kimmiekay98

national harbor

I was up there last friday for the jason aldean concert... it was a cluster**** to say the least. Parking is in the garages - $11 for that.... security and will -call to get our tickets was a JOKE!!! no one knew what was going on. The "stage" is ok, we were sitting on the lawn (hill) facing the water. There was not an ATM inside the concert area, and some vendors didn't take cards. Not impressed with them at all. HOWEVER, I have tickets for 3dd and will still probably be going (tics were free for me). The venue may not be the best or the most convient, but it should be a good show to see!

Go G-Men

Unfortunately that isnt the case. They werent selling tickets as they anticipated and they moved it to another location hoping to sell more tickets. Even though we are aware of Regency Stadium, many arent, so Kool Productions thought moving the venue to another location with more publicity would help sell more tickets. Yes it was a poor decision, yes it was not well thought out, yes I agree with everyone who is complaining but, look at it from another point of view see 3 Doors Down is a great concert and go see them. Its a great concert to take your pre-teens too.

I have seen 3 doors down 3 times already and I love the band. But to be put out because some production company wants to make more money is a problem for me. I took their word as their honor. They got greedy and now their word means nothing to me!

Go G-Men

3 doors down doesn't belong playing in some podunk venue like Regency. Someone wisened up and realized they'd make more money playing elsewhere, while still making the drive reasonable (but obviously a pain) for people who bought tickets. Oh darn. Such a tragedy. Live in a bigger area and you'll get more quality stuff coming by close to home.

You do or should work for Kool Production.... They seem to have the same attitude!!!

I really have not been to this area during a concert. I do know that on the water there are public restrooms also near each garage. I have seen them during the weekly movies that are there. I did contact Management to let them know about the radio station still advertising. KP is trying to get the word out to everyone as best that they can. It is a problem but... they are trying to handle it. The Harbor is beautiful and from what I have been told a great concert facility.

National Harbor is beautiful, but not setup for concert venues on a large scale. They do not have the public facilities such as restrooms and parking to handle the thousands of people anticipated to come to a concert. This does not even take into account egress.

I think it is a poor choice for a venue knowing what is down there.

Will KP be responding to the emails that were sent to them?

:holdyourbreath: :checksinthemail: :holdonasecond: :betheretomorrow:

Any of these work for you? :lol:

I was up there last friday for the jason aldean concert... it was a cluster**** to say the least. Parking is in the garages - $11 for that.... security and will -call to get our tickets was a JOKE!!! no one knew what was going on. The "stage" is ok, we were sitting on the lawn (hill) facing the water. There was not an ATM inside the concert area, and some vendors didn't take cards. Not impressed with them at all. HOWEVER, I have tickets for 3dd and will still probably be going (tics were free for me). The venue may not be the best or the most convient, but it should be a good show to see!

My point exactly.

I am sorry nana, but KP productions is looking at the dollar return on an investment and not looking at the facilities at National Harbor like the infrastructure to host an event such as this. This was my main reason of pulling from the concert.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yep. And the refund was made to our daughter's credit card and we got 4 tickets to a Blue Crabs' game out of the deal.
Sounds like a sweet deal. I was hearing about the way they were doing things and honestly I think EVERYONE should have went for the refund. They were handing out tickets based on what you paid and thought you wanted, so it sounded pretty dumb. I'd have taken the refund, got the Blue Crabs tickets, and then if I still wanted to go I'd have bought tickets where I could choose my seats. :dance:

You do or should work for Kool Production.... They seem to have the same attitude!!!
Nah, cuz I'm not stupid enough to have made the mistake in scheduling in the first place. I'd have went for a bigger venue that's proven right from the get-go. From everything I've heard about with past concerts at that place, location, etc...it just sounds like it was a poor business decision.

Pandora

Sounds like a sweet deal. I was hearing about the way they were doing things and honestly I think EVERYONE should have went for the refund. They were handing out tickets based on what you paid and thought you wanted, so it sounded pretty dumb. I'd have taken the refund, got the Blue Crabs tickets, and then if I still wanted to go I'd have bought tickets where I could choose my seats. :dance:

The way they did things was section people off in certain places based on the original ticket price. I have a feeling we are going to be sitting in fold out chair that aren't padded like the stadium seats would have been.... but... it is my birthday! :yay:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
The way they did things was section people off in certain places based on the original ticket price. I have a feeling we are going to be sitting in fold out chair that aren't padded like the stadium seats would have been.... but... it is my birthday! :yay:

You will stand in a line other than the general admission ticket holders and be let in first. But your seats are also first come first serve. Yes, they are fold out seating and I don't believe they have padding but I could be wrong. I was there last Sat for the Jason Aldean concert.....I had a blast.....

Beer is $5 or at least that's what it was last weeked. You get a bracelet then you have to purchase tickets then you give your ticket to get your beer.

Last edited:

Pandora

You will stand in a line other that the general admission ticket holders and be let in first. But your seats are also first come first serve. Yes, they are fold out seating and I don't believe they have padding but I could be wrong. I was there last Sat for the Jason Aldean concert.....I had a blast.....

Beer is $5 or at least that's what it was last weeked. You get a bracelet then you have to purchase tickets then you give your ticket to get your beer.

Beer was $11 at the Papa Roach/Nickelback concert a few weeks back so that is better.

I think we are going to have dinner at ketchup and hit Bobby McKey's after wards. :yay:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Beer was $11 at the Papa Roach/Nickelback concert a few weeks back so that is better.

I think we are going to have dinner at ketchup and hit Bobby McKey's after wards. :yay:

Have you (or any of you other forumites) been to Ketchup before? If so would you gladly provide an honest review. I have heard that it is a miserable experience from top to bottom. Every review just pans this place.

Thanks.

Have you (or any of you other forumites) been to Ketchup before? If so would you gladly provide an honest review. I have heard that it is a miserable experience from top to bottom. Every review just pans this place.

Thanks.

We have been there once. Excellent Food and Excellent Service! Prices are high - you will pay $16 for a cheeseburger, but it is large and VERY good. Honestly, it was the best damn Cheeseburger I ever had - for $16 I would hope so. :lol:

The assortment of Ketchup they serve is awesome. :drool:

We go to National Harbor for lunch 3 - 4x a month, and Ketchup's will be a once a month place for us.

Pandora

Have you (or any of you other forumites) been to Ketchup before? If so would you glad to provide and honest review. I have heard that it is a miserable experience from top to bottom. Every review just pans this place.

Thanks.

Really? A few of my friends have been there and really enjoyed it. It really doesn't matter because my wonderful husband forgot to make any reservations anywhere! And most of the places are booked tonight!