30pt MONSTER

Christy

b*tch rocket
chrissyhh said:
Hard to beleive it was in Charles County. Beautiful deer!

:yeahthat:

It's a shame he got blasted. :bawl:

And before anyone goes mental on me, I'm completely pro-hunting. Just shoot the jacked up looking deer, not the pretty ones. :razz: That's a really cool looking deer. :yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Christy said:
:yeahthat:

It's a shame he got blasted. :bawl:

And before anyone goes mental on me, I'm completely pro-hunting. Just shoot the jacked up looking deer, not the pretty ones. :razz: That's a really cool looking deer. :yay:

By the looks of him he is old enough to have had serveral years to pass them genes on. Certainly an awesome deer especially for MD.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
AK-74me said:
By the looks of him he is old enough to have had serveral years to pass them genes on. Certainly an awesome deer especially for MD.

That's what I thought when I first looked at the pictures. I don't think I've ever seen a deer with such a grey muzzle. Makes me wonder if the old boy had any teeth left in his head.

I'm happy to see someone harvested something that beautiful but at the same time feel sorry for that person. There is no way in his lifetime that he'll ever top that deer. I just hope for the hunter's sake that he was an older fella because his hunts will probably be a little more hollow for the rest of his days.

Before any of you :smack: me, let me tell you that I have seen above scenario quite a few times. It ain't pretty.

HunterJJD

Wickedwrench said:
That's what I thought when I first looked at the pictures. I don't think I've ever seen a deer with such a grey muzzle. Makes me wonder if the old boy had any teeth left in his head.

I'm happy to see someone harvested something that beautiful but at the same time feel sorry for that person. There is no way in his lifetime that he'll ever top that deer. I just hope for the hunter's sake that he was an older fella because his hunts will probably be a little more hollow for the rest of his days.

Before any of you :smack: me, let me tell you that I have seen above scenario quite a few times. It ain't pretty.
He does not have the look of an old deer. Yes he has grey or white on his face but he does not have that big block head look to him

I shot a deer last night that would fit in his rack. Farmer is happy that is all that matters

HunterJJD

Wickedwrench said:
There seems to be alot of smaller ones this year.:ohwell:
and they are smaller then what they should be at this time of year

We have been seeing 60-70 lbs spikes, they should be up to 90lbs

For such a great acorn year the size of the deer are not showing it

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
HunterJJD said:
and they are smaller then what they should be at this time of year

We have been seeing 60-70 lbs spikes, they should be up to 90lbs

For such a great acorn year the size of the deer are not showing it

The squirrels sure are.:roflmao: I've seen a few greys that were nearly fox squirrel size.:killingme

bohman

Wickedwrench said:
The squirrels sure are.:roflmao: I've seen a few greys that were nearly fox squirrel size.:killingme

You're right about that; my yard is almost all oaks and the squirrels are loving life this year. Not to mention the apples they stole from us...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
HunterJJD said:
He does not have the look of an old deer. Yes he has grey or white on his face but he does not have that big block head look to him

I shot a deer last night that would fit in his rack. Farmer is happy that is all that matters

What would you guess his age is?

I would guess 5, + or - 1, I agree that he is not a real old man but rather right in his prime.

Nickster

That is truly a deer of a liftime. The 'Crutchfield' buck is gonna make headlines. That deer is the reason I wake up at 4 in the morning and spend all day in a tree freezing, just so I might have a shot at a monster like that. To know they really exist gets me pumped up to the extreme. The pics are awesome!

HunterJJD

AK-74me said:
What would you guess his age is?

I would guess 5, + or - 1, I agree that he is not a real old man but rather right in his prime.

They posted more pics of the buck. Pictures never tell the truth but I think that deer is 4 max 5 and only looks to be about 180-200 LIVE weight. Deer does not look old or big bodied at all.

Waiting to read whole story. I am not trying to take anything from the hunter or deer it just looks young,

Nickster

I heard he was about 250 lbs after being field dressed. As far as age goes he has alot of white/gray in the muzzle area. And the rack looks like its in all its prime. My guess would be 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 years old.

HunterJJD

Nickster said:
I heard he was about 250 lbs after being field dressed. As far as age goes he has alot of white/gray in the muzzle area. And the rack looks like its in all its prime. My guess would be 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 years old.
Read on Marylandwhitetail.com

185 live weight and 150 dressed. I stick to my guess of 4 years old

Friend of a friend shot it. He told me that the deer had almost no teeth left due to age. This is what I was told. I haven't seen the deer in person, so I cannot attest to the validity of this statement. That being said...

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A MONSTER! GOOD SHOOTIN!!!

Pandora

huntr1 said:
Friend of a friend shot it. He told me that the deer had almost no teeth left due to age. This is what I was told. I haven't seen the deer in person, so I cannot attest to the validity of this statement. That being said...

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A MONSTER! GOOD SHOOTIN!!!

Yeah it is. Hubby and I know the guy that got 'em, 26 points. Some have all the luck. :lol: