6 years vs. 6 months

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Qurious said:
besides giving him good head and some good home cooked meals, what could he possibly see in a woman he's known for 6 months enough to marry her??
My inlaws were engaged after 13 days. They've been together almost 30 years and are the happiest couple I know.

BadGirl said:
Heck, I knew you were the one for me at first meeting, but sadly, you were already taken. :bawl:
You know you are first on my list should I ever become "available"...:love:

True story...

My dad was playing a game of pinball with a couple friends of his at the Chesapeake Ranch Club (back in the day when it was still an exclusive club). My mom walked in with her sister and a couple of their friends. My dad glanced up and without missing a beat pointed to my mother and said, "That's the one. I'm going to marry that one." There is a very romantic courtship story that goes along with this... but it's too involved and lengthy to type... BG... you will LOVE the story and should remind me to tell you about it one of these days over lunch...:clap:

Truth be told... there is such thing as love at first sight and when you know it's right... you know.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
True story...

My dad was playing a game of pinball with a couple friends of his at the Chesapeake Ranch Club (back in the day when it was still an exclusive club). My mom walked in with her sister and a couple of their friends. My dad glanced up and without missing a beat pointed to my mother and said, "That's the one. I'm going to marry that one." There is a very romantic courtship story that goes along with this... but it's too involved and lengthy to type... BG... you will LOVE the story and should remind me to tell you about it one of these days over lunch...:clap:

Truth be told... there is such thing as love at first sight and when you know it's right... you know.
Actually, my parents share a very similar story. Mom and Dad met in Memphis where Dad was in some Navy school, Mom was attending secretarial school. Both went to a NSO dance where they met. They were engaged after 13 days....dad went out to sea....they corresponded via mail.....dad ended up in Cali....he asked that mom come and join him.....mom's mother wouldn't think it proper for her single daughter to travel alone to the West Coast....g'mom accompanied her daughter (my mom) out to Cali where mom and dad were married. This after they had only seen each other face-to-face a handful of times prior to the wedding.

They were married for 47 years.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
I have a great idea! My mom works local and I'm thinking I need to set up a supersecretluncheon and invite her to meet some of my nearest and dearest friends from here so she can tell the story herself! You all would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my mother would get a kick out of her and her story presentation... what say you? :clap:
ABSOLUTELY!!! :clap: :yahoo:

:kwilliababystories: :evilgrin: :lmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
I have a great idea! My mom works local and I'm thinking I need to set up a supersecretluncheon and invite her to meet some of my nearest and dearest friends from here so she can tell the story herself! You all would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my mother would get a kick out of her and her story presentation... what say you? :clap:
Can we have Mexican? :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
I'd love to meet your mom in person. She is a hoot on the phone!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
kwillia said:

After hearing some of the adventures she has been on here recently, that would be fun!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
I can't believe I didn't think of this before... I really want you guys to meet her... I'm gonna have to set something up.
Does she juggle too?

Sharon said:
Does she juggle too?
Are you kidding! I am reticent and very introverted in comparison to my mother.

I just got off the phone with her and she can't wait... we will set it up for one day next week...:biggrin:

J

juggy4805

Qurious said:
You were with him for 6 years with no ring...
talks of marriage came up but he never proposed...
finally you two part ways....

6 months later you find out he married someone else.

Was this man trifling?? :popcorn:

The person he was with for 6 years never pressured him into marriage. She never gave him an ultimatum. Gave the soup away for free.

The person he was with for 6 months said marry me or no more soup for you!

Jameo

What?!
kwillia said:
Are you kidding! I am reticent and very introverted in comparison to my mother.

I just got off the phone with her and she can't wait... we will set it up for one day next week...:biggrin:

Wanna go and hear all the sappy love stories :dance: