$85 BILLION to Ukraine and Israel

SamSpade

You know - I do want there to be a way to keep Russia from simply taking over Ukraine. TAKING it - or simply, keeping and officially making part of Russia the regions they've already occupied - gives them ENORMOUS leverage over Europe - and of course, the rest of Ukraine.

And - we DO have a treaty with Ukraine which we signed in exchange for them giving up their nuclear weapons - which after the Soviet Union dissolved and Ukraine became independent immediately made them either the third or fourth largest nuclear power in the world. They gave them up in exchange for a promise that we would DEFEND them from an invading Russia.

I realize - they're corrupt. But I also know I don't want a world where Russia can just take whatever nation they want.

Reactions: BOP

StmarysCity79

You know - I do want there to be a way to keep Russia from simply taking over Ukraine. TAKING it - or simply, keeping and officially making part of Russia the regions they've already occupied - gives them ENORMOUS leverage over Europe - and of course, the rest of Ukraine.

And - we DO have a treaty with Ukraine which we signed in exchange for them giving up their nuclear weapons - which after the Soviet Union dissolved and Ukraine became independent immediately made them either the third or fourth largest nuclear power in the world. They gave them up in exchange for a promise that we would DEFEND them from an invading Russia.

I realize - they're corrupt. But I also know I don't want a world where Russia can just take whatever nation they want.

Good for you.

That's a lot more than Trump says

Speaking at a rally in South Carolina on Saturday, Trump said that, as president, he warned NATO allies that he “would encourage” Russia “to do whatever the hell they want” to a member country that didn’t meet its defense spending guidelines.

HemiHauler

The fat guy who stiffs everyone out of the money he owes them complaining about European countries not paying their share for European Security?

What an incredible time to be alive!

StmarysCity79

The fat guy who stiffs everyone out of the money he owes them complaining about European countries not paying their share for European Security?

What an incredible time to be alive!

Now he has declared his lawyers can't charge him more than $750 an hour.

Good way to lose the few remaining lawyers willing to work with you.

Clem72

We can afford both.
How much was that border wall supposed to cost again? If we can throw 80 billion around willy nilly why couldn't we possible afford 18billion? Didn't NYC just say their illegals would cost like 12B a year? Maybe NYC should fund it by themselves.

Reactions: BOP

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

So why don’t we just give them the nukes back?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
They gave them up in exchange for a promise that we would DEFEND them from an invading Russia.
Russia declared it would not attack Ukraine. And "defend" might be somewhat misleading. As I understand it what was agreed to was "security assurances" (which is not a statement of providing defense). The intent was never that we would defend Ukraine, it is more of a provide hardware and money so they could defend themselves.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Russia declared it would not attack Ukraine. And "defend" might be somewhat misleading.

yeah long with those promises another was NATO would NOT Expand East Towards Russia ...

Russia has been invaded more than any other country in History, you cannot blame them for not being paranoid

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Russia has been invaded more than any other country in History, you cannot blame them for not being paranoid
Recently? I mean as major invasions go the ones I remember are the Mongols (in the 13th century), Napoleon (in 1812) and Hitler (in 1941).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But I also know I don't want a world where Russia can just take whatever nation they want.

This is a real question:

Why?

At this point I'd personally present Ukraine to Putin on a silver platter. How many years have we been hemorrhaging money at them to support their so-called war? What are they doing with that money? Because as far as I can tell the answer is "investing in bullshit companies that then donate it to the Democrat party".

Note that everything was fine, then the second Joe Biden takes office all of a sudden everyone is at war. Can that possibly be a coincidence?

Then there are the completely braindead Dembots who don't understand where all this money comes from - "Oh, we can afford both! :dork: "

In the meantime China is a real threat, but they're paying everyone off so we don't hear about them.

If Putin takes over Ukraine and beheads Zelensky, who cares? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. It's not like Zelensky was some benevolent leader anyway.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Recently? I mean as major invasions go the ones I remember are the Mongols (in the 13th century), Napoleon (in 1812) and Hitler (in 1941).

No not recently ...

I read an article when the Ukraine war started ... stating that point I made
Hear are a couple of different ones

Which countries dared to invade Russia?

1. The Golden Horde
2. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
3. Sweden
4. France
5. The 1918 intervention
6. Nazi Germany

Which countries have conquered Russia?

1. The Mongol Empire