977 The Rocket, Mickey The Kid

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A few days ago I went out early enough to hear this fellow.
He actually sounded content to be here and happy with the station management.
Did not have the contempt, which Blak Jak evinced, for Southern Maryland.

I'm still not sold on "On Air Personalities," likely spoiled by some real original characters I listened to in my youth and young adulthood.
Still prefer a plain old DJ, who will just talk about the music.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A few days ago I went out early enough to hear this fellow.
He actually sounded content to be here and happy with the station management.
Did not have the contempt, which Blak Jak evinced, for Southern Maryland.

I'm still not sold on "On Air Personalities," likely spoiled by some real original characters I listened to in my youth and young adulthood.
Still prefer a plain old DJ, who will just talk about the music.

BlakJak was going to take down EITM! :roflmao:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Nothing but good things I presume. :whistle:

He was picking/quoting posts out of the tred and mentioning you "K-willia" and one or two others. Basically he spouted a version of 'You all can kiss my a**!" because of the opinions, or criticisms; that latter is how I'm guessing he took it.

Restitution

Basically he spouted a version of 'You all can kiss my a**!" because of the opinions, or criticisms; that latter is how I'm guessing he took it.

I really don't have a problem with his on-air personality. DEFINITELY better than the last 2 jocks. My problem is with the music choice. I realize they are a classic rock station but, they really need to throw more recent stuff on there. I love Zeppelin, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. as much as the next person BUT..... lets throw something from the last 20 -or-less years on there for God's sake!

Midnightrider

He yaps way too much.
Just play the music.

yep, if they are just going to paly the same old stuff they should just play it.
It almost feels like the station paid a service for 3 'nonoffensive' personalities. The morning guys stories are just bad and his fake battles with management are unbelievable. The mid day and evening folks try to give some color, but I don't need them reading about the song or artist from Wikipedia and pretending they are giving me the newest scoop on an eagles song. Just let the machine pick the music and play the commercials.