977 The Rocket, Mickey The Kid

MickeyTheKid

Thanks Vrail... Noted...You can't reinvent the wheel ie; Howard & Greaseman..admired but will NEVER try and be them it's not me.. I'm just me and will always stay true to myself.. as for ratings..we are an UNRATED market so they don't matter.. but everywhere I have worked or every show I've worked on we have been #1 for extensive ratings books.. My last market (Hagerstown MD) I was #1 in 3 states MD, PA & WV broadcasting from a 5k watt station going up against a 50k watt rock monster with an 8 year heritage morning show...and was #1 by my 2nd ratings book... So, you may not like my style, content, music beds etc and that's ok...it's your perogative and choice on what you desire...but as for my family and I..we arent here for some flash in the pan moment in time... I'm here to grow and put roots down in the community and am probably one of the easiest going and most approachable people in radio you will meet should we ever have the opportunity.. and lastly, by no way, shape or form did I ever tell the people on this board "f*** you" as stated by whomever it was on here earlier.. what I said was.. that I am whom I am...and not posting as Misfit... I have never or will I ever hide behind some quirky blog tag to disguise myself to make comments because if there is something I believe in I am not ashamed to put it out there with my name attached to it... And should anyone here be interested in taking a run at my job... I welcome you with open arms to come and do your show for an hr on the station during my show and then we will get the public opinion on which they like better... So feel free to email me should you think you can do a better job at mickeydamage@gmail.com and I will schedule you to come in and showcase your outstanding talents... But if you are just going to kibitz and criticize like some old bittys sitting around at their "book of the month club meeting" without any action all while hiding behind all the sly ingenius blogger tags ... then I guess that's the proof in the pudding... Just don't be passionate in your statements and critiques if your not willing to come to the station and prove that you can do a better job.. especially MidnightRider who thinks my internal tussels are made up... Just because I use satire and comedy to make points does not mean that they are fake.. cuz they aren't.. I just address them with humor instead of being a DICK like maybe he would.. the world has enough #######s and mean people..and if some of the posters on here want to be another sheep in the herd of red assed whiners who have nothing nice to say...then... Welcome to the flock! Hope you all sincerely have a great weekend. See you Monday at 5:30am lol!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks Vrail... Noted...You can't reinvent the wheel ie; Howard & Greaseman..admired but will NEVER try and be them it's not me.. I'm just me and will always stay true to myself.. as for ratings..we are an UNRATED market so they don't matter.. but everywhere I have worked or every show I've worked on we have been #1 for extensive ratings books.. My last market (Hagerstown MD) I was #1 in 3 states MD, PA & WV broadcasting from a 5k watt station going up against a 50k watt rock monster with an 8 year heritage morning show...and was #1 by my 2nd ratings book... So, you may not like my style, content, music beds etc and that's ok...it's your perogative and choice on what you desire...but as for my family and I..we arent here for some flash in the pan moment in time... I'm here to grow and put roots down in the community and am probably one of the easiest going and most approachable people in radio you will meet should we ever have the opportunity.. and lastly, by no way, shape or form did I ever tell the people on this board "f*** you" as stated by whomever it was on here earlier.. what I said was.. that I am whom I am...and not posting as Misfit... I have never or will I ever hide behind some quirky blog tag to disguise myself to make comments because if there is something I believe in I am not ashamed to put it out there with my name attached to it... And should anyone here be interested in taking a run at my job... I welcome you with open arms to come and do your show for an hr on the station during my show and then we will get the public opinion on which they like better... So feel free to email me should you think you can do a better job at mickeydamage@gmail.com and I will schedule you to come in and showcase your outstanding talents... But if you are just going to kibitz and criticize like some old bittys sitting around at their "book of the month club meeting" without any action all while hiding behind all the sly ingenius blogger tags ... then I guess that's the proof in the pudding... Just don't be passionate in your statements and critiques if your not willing to come to the station and prove that you can do a better job.. especially MidnightRider who thinks my internal tussels are made up... Just because I use satire and comedy to make points does not mean that they are fake.. cuz they aren't.. I just address them with humor instead of being a DICK like maybe he would.. the world has enough #######s and mean people..and if some of the posters on here want to be another sheep in the herd of red assed whiners who have nothing nice to say...then... Welcome to the flock! Hope you all sincerely have a great weekend. See you Monday at 5:30am lol!

:clap: Welcome to you and your family!

I have a pretty short commute, so I have only listened a couple of times, but I haven't heard anything that I found upsetting. :shrug:

I'm sorry about your dog, and congratulations on your new furbaby! :smile:

Oh, and Misfit is a real person. Several of us know him IRL. :lol:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks Vrail... Noted...You can't reinvent the wheel(snip) Welcome to the flock! Hope you all sincerely have a great weekend. See you Monday at 5:30am lol!

Welcome from another transplant...I'm usually not up early, but the couple of times I've caught your show, nothing to be off put about.
Hope you settle in and put down those roots as you'd like to do. We'll be leaving, but not for several more years, after my wife retires in 2026.

MickeyTheKid

Thanks guys for the kind words... It's appreciated.. I'm sorry I haven't talked a lot about my experiences here in SMD but I've only been here since Sept 6th and haven't really had a lot of time to get out and do stuff..heck..we are still putting our house together lol...but I can tell you that everyday I wake up and head to work..I do it with a smile on my face knowing that I'm gonna give you guys everything I got in my being to keep you entertained from the content to the music... and I can only hope to hit some homeruns every time I crack the mic..and yes I ramble and yes I sometimes completely get off the topic I originally started on..BUT I am human and I'm sure we all have done so..lol! I hope you guys will keep coming back but if not I completely understand... different strokes for different folks... I truly hope each and every one of you guys have a super duper weekend...after all it's supposed to be really nice tomorrow!! Live On! Love On and ROCK On!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks guys for the kind words... It's appreciated.. I'm sorry I haven't talked a lot about my experiences here in SMD but I've only been here since Sept 6th and haven't really had a lot of time to get out and do stuff..heck..we are still putting our house together lol...but I can tell you that everyday I wake up and head to work..I do it with a smile on my face knowing that I'm gonna give you guys everything I got in my being to keep you entertained from the content to the music... and I can only hope to hit some homeruns every time I crack the mic..and yes I ramble and yes I sometimes completely get off the topic I originally started on..BUT I am human and I'm sure we all have done so..lol! I hope you guys will keep coming back but if not I completely understand... different strokes for different folks... I truly hope each and every one of you guys have a super duper weekend...after all it's supposed to be really nice tomorrow!! Live On! Love On and ROCK On!!

I think you have made a good start! You are trying to get acclimated and fit in, unlike the last that went out of his way to disparage the area. I wish you the best!

Hank

my war
Why get all worked up over a couple strangers on the internet?

5 years ago, this thread would have been classic!

PJay

LoL!! Not worked up at all Hanky... just wanted to bring my voice to the discussion big guy!!

You need to reread your post because you most certainly come off as being angry....which is fine..but don't lie about it. Geesh.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is why people don't like you.

Radio personalities become super famous for their obnoxious patter - Greaseman, Howard Stern, etc - so it would behoove Mr. Kid to remember that and remember that he's not there for his feelz, he's there to increase ratings. If he's going to cut loose, he needs to raise that freak flag and let that bitch fly. Don't hold back. Get them ears, boyee. Yes, you will face criticism, but you'll also get people tuning in to hear what crazy thing you'll say next.

Not sure if the station owner would go for that, though, because he's pretty conservative and doesn't really like over the top personalities (unless it's him).

Well let's see, vrai. You have made the decision that nobody likes me. How do you know that? You don't; unless being a moderator of a forum makes you clairvoyant. And, I am staying on topic because this thread has posts of who likes Mickey, or not. It really stood out to me what a hypocrite you are, and wanted to say that for a long time. I will always enjoy your forum. That is why I joined here in the first place, and stayed through the hell of it all. It is very informative, entertaining, and I met new friends. As far as Mickey, I think he has kahoonas, and I do, too (there is such a thing as female kahoonas = being preg and giving birth), and I, also, welcome him to SoMD; even though we just moved after 20 years there, and we have never listened to talk/music radio.

As a rule, I don't listen to anything while driving because I fear I will not hear a siren, or something, but when I do listen, I have my own stash of country and Cajun music. :dance:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You need to reread your post because you most certainly come off as being angry....which is fine..but don't lie about it. Geesh.

I am, totally, surprised at your post. You are the epitome of someone against insurrection, and dislike what is going on in America, and one of the angriest people on this forum. It seems Mickey is on your side. I don't get you. Never will. But, that's ok. Carry on.

PJay

I am, totally, surprised at your post. You are the epitome of someone against insurrection, and dislike what is going on in America, and one of the angriest people on this forum. It seems Mickey is on your side. I don't get you. Never will. But, that's ok. Carry on.

God in Heaven give me strength.....until then...look, witch, Mickey claimed he wasn't angry when it is clear he was..which I then said was fine. He lied and said he wasn't. Stop turning what I typed around so to fit you having a fit.

black dog

Free America
Well let's see, vrai. You have made the decision that nobody likes me. How do you know that? You don't; unless being a moderator of a forum makes you clairvoyant. And, I am staying on topic because this thread has posts of who likes Mickey, or not. It really stood out to me what a hypocrite you are, and wanted to say that for a long time. I will always enjoy your forum. That is why I joined here in the first place, and stayed through the hell of it all. It is very informative, entertaining, and I met new friends. As far as Mickey, I think he has kahoonas, and I do, too (there is such a thing as female kahoonas = being preg and giving birth), and I, also, welcome him to SoMD; even though we just moved after 20 years there, and we have never listened to talk/music radio.

As a rule, I don't listen to anything while driving because I fear I will not hear a siren, or something, but when I do listen, I have my own stash of country and Cajun music. :dance:

And you wonder why you have been banned?? Most forums would never tolerate being a a$$hole to a Mod, your ISP and not your screen name would be perma-banned..

littlelady

God bless the USA
God in Heaven give me strength.....until then...look, witch, Mickey claimed he wasn't angry when it is clear he was..which I then said was fine. He lied and said he wasn't. Stop turning what I typed around so to fit you having a fit.

How can I turn around what you typed. It is here on the forum for all to see. You forget that members see all our posts. Just sayin. I am just a little lady; 5'2" at last check up. You don't need strength for that to bring me down, irl, but you need it on an anon forum. I don't call you names. Mickey is angry, and I am glad he is speaking out. I didn't turn anything around. He, truly, has a public voice, and you do not. Get over it, and shoo! Thanks!

Oh, and I don't blame Mickey for being angry. Our Country was going to shiat. Trump is not ideal, but at least he put a hault to Her downfall, for now. You really need to decide who you are really angry at. Come hang out with my granddot for one day, and she will put things in perspective for you. She is 22 months alive, and i am learning from her; her bro, Luke, is due in January. Oh, and give it up on trying to bash me.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Another comment. The smartest thing Mickey ever might have done is joining this forum! After all, it it is all social media. Love it!

Go, Mickey!

Last edited: