A prep for Sundays ride...Sadielady

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Carefulone said:
I see there has been talk of trotting and a gaited horse. Even though they are not suppose to pace or trot....unfortunately as they are crossed by sometimes back yard breeders or breeders in it just for the run of money in the breed, they will or can do one or the other. A trot, especially from people who have had quarter or hot blood background, is a rideable "gait"....if everything else clicks....nothing in life is perfect.
As long as you've found a person or ranch that you can trust....I still have 5000 dollars out on a horse I've never seen, from a couple of those "bad" in the gaited horse world...if you have the horse and have a chance to try it....great....as long as you can get a gait, with time, you can lock it in....and the trot will be less and less....

I have a couple good gaited horses I will sell ya for under $5k....I dont have anything (other then my app) that will trot under saddle with me..just remember the rider has as much to do with a gaited horse gaiting as the horse..if not more

Carefulone

I guess that's true, and I'm a quarterhorse person, got into Rockies....got taken for an illegal ride....my money anyway, a trot would have been acceptable, rather than receiving no horse at all....but now I'm on a mission to stop people like this.....

I'm taking lessons on my gaited horse...the one I bought and really got from a reputable ranch, and he doesn't trot...come to think about it....but then he's a good boy and takes care of me and my inexperience with gaited horses.