A tree lined median for Great Mills Road?

Bucket

Well it is about time the county decided to try and clean up "that" end of GM Road. The whole of Lexington Park has been neglected at the expense of other areas of the county for many years. When anything is neglected, the condition will deteriorate.

Besides, the working girls have a right to a pleasant work area!

Well it is about time the county decided to try and clean up "that" end of GM Road. The whole of Lexington Park has been neglected at the expense of other areas of the county for many years. When anything is neglected, the condition will deteriorate.

Besides, the working girls have a right to a pleasant work area!

That's what I was thinking, they can stand in the shade while flashing passers-by.

I think it's great that they planned this right at the start of rush hour.

glhs837

Power with Control
Very few, really. I think they outright bought 3-4 houses, and only two of those were becuase of the width of the road. Two I know were bought for drainwater managment.

Roxie04

Who wants to start taking bets on how long it will take before all the trees are wiped out by cars?

SoMDGirl42

Laugh all you want, but I can see the ad now.

FOR SALE

60 young juvenile trees perfect size for transplant. Best offer or will trade for a 1999 Crown Vic, light blue previous Sheriffs car, mag wheels with spot light still functional.

helloween

They should be fixing the bottleneck at the other end of Great Mills Road that causes me to sit in traffic everyday. Make the road completely functional before you pretty it up.

They should be fixing the bottleneck at the other end of Great Mills Road that causes me to sit in traffic everyday. Make the road completely functional before you pretty it up.

It's a strange priority all right.

Got to keep those day laborers busy, I guess.

BernieP

Resident PIA

really. With the proliferation of entry/exit points the only purpose a median would serve would be to stack up traffic at the lights as people make U-turns creating more congestion.

What's to fix, you have two lanes of traffic turning into one and in the process merging iwth an already full load of vehicles on a short stretch of road. Perfect recipe for grid lock.

2Bullies73

Very few, really. I think they outright bought 3-4 houses, and only two of those were becuase of the width of the road. Two I know were bought for drainwater managment.

I live off Chanc's Run and when it rained the other day... it was more like flooding flooding flooding... in areas that weren't a problem before... this road is one hot mess these days... besides the damn red Lane trucks that pull out in front of people to drive 10 feet and stop... or the fact that they have made enourmous potholes all over the place and can't bother to fill them... what a disaster...

Who gives a crap about trees in the middle of the road?? I'd just like to drive down it without being nearly killed...

I hate what they are doing with the roads around here... what a waste of money !!!!!
:cds:

glhs837

Power with Control
Flooding? A few spots were say 4-6 inches deep, two come to mind, one near the entrance to the park, and the other near XXXX road. Hradly floods, more like deep puddles. In both places, they are working on drainage ponds, so when complete, that wont be an issue. It is a construction zone, after all. And, be fair, those were torrential rains, which, prior to construction, would have meant the closure of the road at the stream near Fox Chase. Which, thank to the project, will never flood again, what with the new roadbed being 12 or more feet higher than before, with a much better culvert system underneath.

Now, about your "deep potholes", where are those? I drive a very low car with a very stiff suspension, and also a motorcycle, and nothing Ive come across is more than a bump, let alone a pothole. Not in the roadway, anyway. Now, maybe on some of the entrances or driveways, I havent been in and out of every one. My section right now is torn up, a bit bumpy, but nothing Id classify as an enormous pothole. Where are they?

Now, you want to drive down it wihtout being killed? A divided roadway with signals will help with that, as will the elimination of offset entrances like Buck Hewitt. Kids will be able to safely travel down sidewalks, that will be safer too. Be patient, it will be better.