Acne and my 12-year old

Oh yeah, Jules.... is she wearing makeup now? Is she using a foundation in order to try to cover the acne?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Oh yeah, Jules.... is she wearing makeup now? Is she using a foundation in order to try to cover the acne?
This is not the time to peddle Mary Kay. :rolleyes:

J

julz20684

kwillia said:

Yes she is, just in the past couple months and now just about every day.

oldman

Lobster Land
julz20684 said:
My daughter has suffered from acne on her face, arms, shoulders and back. She's 12 and in 7th grade. We have tried just about every over the counter product, purchased month after month of Proactive, gotten prescription Benzaclyn cream and oral antiobiotic from Dermatologist...all to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions? She's embarrased and other kids can be so cruel :frown:

Back in the mid 80's my teenage son had a BAD case of it. He hid the worst of it from me for a long time. Finally saw his chest and it was eating a hole in him. Military dermatoligist almost accused me of child neglect, but proscribed accutane. I've since heard a lot of bad reports about it but believe me, it worked a miracle for my son.

julz20684 said:
Yes she is, just in the past couple months and now just about every day.
What foundation is she using? I am almost 40 and have had to deal with acne since pre-teen years. It was only after Vrai got me started on Bare Minerals that I have had a near flawless complexion. It turns out I was making the problem worse by using foundations that were aggravating the acne. I wish I knew then what I know now.

My daughter will be started on nothing but Bare Minerals whenever she gets to using makeup.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
ProActiv worked for my daughter. But all kids are different. I'd say go for the BCP. Talk to the dr. privately, and have him/her refer to the medicine by it's name, not it's typical application (Yasmin, not BCP), so your daughter doesn't refer to it as BCP. You know what I'm saying? Let her think it's for her skin, not BCP. Talk to the doctor about maybe giving a low dosage, so as not to screw her system up, and see how that works. :shrug:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
julz20684 said:
Share the wealth I need me some beautiful makin's
Read this. By page 2, you'll be ordering your very own Starter Kit. Everybody but Pixie has gotten sucked in. :lol:

And I agree with Kwillia -- although I've never had an acne problem, my skin has never looked better!! Bare Minerals is the cat's meow! :yay: :yay: