Acne and my 12-year old

Geek said:
Seriously, I feel for any kid or adult that goes through this. Whatever makes the girl feel like she can face the day. I think Bare Minerals and a good a good Doctor is the way to go. :frown:
I have to agree w/ ya. Normally I wouldn't let a 12 y/o wear make-up. But I think in this case if it will make her hold her head a lil higher. No eye make-up yet though. :nono:

fttrsbeerwench

Poor thing.... I never had break outs until I hit 30:bawl:

Right now, I look like a constellation:ohwell:

My 9 year old gets tiny little pimples on and around her nose.. I'd rather die than have her go through acne this young so I'm taking her to the dermatologist as soon as school gets out.

I hope your kiddo finds somethign that works.:huggy:

M

Mousebaby

I have started having problems with acne lately and I am 38. I have taken these steps and have reduced my acne significantly. I went to the Gyn and got on a good pill, I take Seasonale, and I changed my shampoo. I have very long thick hair and it is dry so I have to use conditioner. I was using Garnier Fructise but that made the acne MUCH worse. I now use Pantene shampoo and conditioner and I have maybe two to three pimples at the moment. I also have switched soaps, I know use antibacterial dial soap, because I believe because acne is a bacteria that the dial will help keep it in check. I also use oil free oil of olay facial lotion to put some moisture back into my face after using the dial. Like I said, I only have two or three pimples right now and it's the least I've had in months! Hope this helps! :huggy:

jayden0405

Arbonne has an EXCELLENT product that worked on my friends sister and it showed results in 2 weeks. The acne problem was GONE..........

Let me know if you are interested I can get you the products.

Checkout the website www.arbonne.com

fttrsbeerwench said:
Poor thing.... I never had break outs until I hit 30:bawl:

Right now, I look like a constellation:ohwell:

My 9 year old gets tiny little pimples on and around her nose.. I'd rather die than have her go through acne this young so I'm taking her to the dermatologist as soon as school gets out.

I hope your kiddo finds somethign that works.:huggy:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I have had a tough time determining what will help my skin clear up and by using Proactiv (extra strength kit) and various Burt's Bees products, my skin is now looking better than it ever has. I am not of the bare minerals people because I just don't like the foundation. I use Garden Botankia foundation and it works great for me when I actually do wear it. There are days when I just use the Burt's Bees concealor to hide the little inperfections and then just play up my eyes and lips.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
jwwb2000 said:
I have had a tough time determining what will help my skin clear up and by using Proactiv (extra strength kit) and various Burt's Bees products, my skin is now looking better than it ever has. I am not of the bare minerals people because I just don't like the foundation. I use Garden Botankia foundation and it works great for me when I actually do wear it. There are days when I just use the Burt's Bees concealor to hide the little inperfections and then just play up my eyes and lips.

They have an extra strength ProActiv? I have been using it for two months, and while at first it was better....I am now getting little pimply looking bumps on my forehead. I am just not seeing the results I was before.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
GeezLouise said:
They have an extra strength ProActiv? I have been using it for two months, and while at first it was better....I am now getting little pimply looking bumps on my forehead. I am just not seeing the results I was before.

Yes they do. I called to cancel my shipments when the lady on the line said they had an extra strength kit they don't advertise because everyone would "think" they need it instead of the normal strength. I have found it to work great for me and the issues I had before using it.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
jwwb2000 said:
Yes they do. I called to cancel my shipments when the lady on the line said they had an extra strength kit they don't advertise because everyone would "think" they need it instead of the normal strength. I have found it to work great for me and the issues I had before using it.

Does the extra strength dry your skin out?

J

julz20684

vraiblonde said:
Quoted for next time some malcontent wants to complain about how mean and hateful we all are. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing....all the complaints about mea(m)ies on here and I've had nothing but good times, good people I've met and helpful posts. Maybe if they didn't come in here looking for a :boxing: they wouldn't get a :boxing:!

J

julz20684

Sadysue said:
It's not this is it? Keratosis Pilaris. I thought I had acne for years and found that's what it was. Basically, your hair folicles produce to much keratin, and it clogs up all your pores. It can get really yucky if you pick at it and sadly, there really is no cure.

What is keratosis pilaris?

Keratosis Pilaris (KP) is a very common and completely harmless skin condition. In the population as a whole, keratosis pilaris may affect as many as one person in three. Its name gives some idea of what it is. 'Keratosis' means that there is too much keratin – which makes up the tough horny outer layer of the skin: 'pilaris' comes from the Latin word for hair (pilus). In keratosis pilaris, many small (1 to 2 mm. across) horny plugs can be seen blocking the hair follicles on the upper and outer parts of the arms and thighs.

What causes keratosis pilaris?

Keratosis pilaris is an inherited skin condition, running strongly in many families, sometimes with a generally dry skin (ichthyosis). The way it is inherited varies from family to family, but often fits into an 'autosomal dominant' pattern – which means that there will be a 1 in 2 chance that each child of an affected parent will inherit the condition. Keratosis pilaris appears when extra keratin accumulates in the hair follicles. This is usually in childhood, and most obvious during adolescence, often it clears in adulthood. It tends to be better in the summer than in the winter. Keratosis pilaris is harmless, and is not infectious.

What does keratosis pilaris look like?

The groups of small horny bumps are most common on the backs of the upper arms and on the fronts of the thighs. Sometimes keratosis pilaris also affects the torso, back, buttocks and, in less common forms, the face and eyebrows as well. Some redness may appear around the small spiky bumps. If a plug is pulled off, a fine coiled-up hair may be found inside it.

Nope, it's definitely acne.

J

julz20684

GeezLouise said:

That's what happened to me when I used it years ago....it worked for a couple months and then everything came back.