#ADayWithoutImmigrants

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, it's a big handful. A really, really YUUUUGGGGE handful.

Not really. Over a million and a half people use air travel every day in this country. 107 is .007% of 1.5 million, also known as "statistically insignificant". More people than that had their luggage lost, and even more missed a connecting flight.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not really. Over a million and a half people use air travel every day in this country. 107 is .007% of 1.5 million, also known as "statistically insignificant". More people than that had their luggage lost, and even more missed a connecting flight.

I misread it. I thought he was referring to something else and didn't read it all. I made....a.....COUGH......GAG.......WHEEZZZZZ......mis.....a mist......a mistake....... :tantrum:

terbear1225

Iwe teach our children the merits of cashing people ousside, hah bah dah?

sorry to go out on a tangent but could someone explain to me what the bloody h@11 this means? I keep seeing it lately and I have no idea what it's about.

SamSpade

sorry to go out on a tangent but could someone explain to me what the bloody h@11 this means? I keep seeing it lately and I have no idea what it's about.

Yeah, it's from some young punk who appeared on Dr. Phil.
That translates to "catch me outside, how about that" - because most of what she had to say was about as intelligible.

Chris0nllyn

Good luck finding another Dr. Phil video with 30 million views and counting. :lol:

3:15
[video=youtube;nyUFzNVolG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUFzNVolG8[/video]

Toxick

Splat

Picture a completely worthless piece of feculent garbage.
Picture it with a mouth.
Picture it on TV with Dr. Phil.

Picture it saying "Cash me ousside, hah bah dah" (Google Translation from Street-Trash to English: Catch me outside, how about that)

That pretty much sums it up.

luvmygdaughters

I heard something about next Wednesday being a "day without women working" protest. Apparently all the working women of the country will not be working but instead, attending protests. Now I don't know about the rest of the working women, but I have a mortgage to pay, medicine to buy and bills that need to be paid. I will be working that day. I refuse to take a day of my hard earned vacation to protest something that is totally ridiculous, imho of course.

Hijinx

I heard something about next Wednesday being a "day without women working" protest. Apparently all the working women of the country will not be working but instead, attending protests. Now I don't know about the rest of the working women, but I have a mortgage to pay, medicine to buy and bills that need to be paid. I will be working that day. I refuse to take a day of my hard earned vacation to protest something that is totally ridiculous, imho of course.

Good for you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:yeahthat:

I have a couple of vacations to MT & NH coming up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

<-- This woman will still be working as well. Although I might send David an email and tell him that I will be taking the day off Wednesday to piss and whine, just to see how he responds. :lol:

Clem72

Dude I know says the real problem is coming in 5-10 years, that pretty much ALL his good guys are 45-55 year old Mexicans who simply are workers and that their kids, born and raised here, are now American's and are lazy as #### and don't wanna do ####. So, our Mexicans are gonna be allowing in...what...in a decade? Malaysians?

I picked grapes at a vineyard for gas money when I was young. It was pretty much all teenagers at the time. By the early 80s it was near enough 100% illegal migrant labor (technically it started that way in the 1870s too). I occasionally talk with a friend whose daughter is the director of winemaking there now, and according to him they have a plan to transition to automated picking. They already do it in their greenhouse running the harvester at night and using uv fluorescence to identify the grapes more quickly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I picked grapes at a vineyard for gas money when I was young. It was pretty much all teenagers at the time. By the early 80s it was near enough 100% illegal migrant labor (technically it started that way in the 1870s too). I occasionally talk with a friend whose daughter is the director of winemaking there now, and according to him they have a plan to transition to automated picking. They already do it in their greenhouse running the harvester at night and using uv fluorescence to identify the grapes more quickly.

Yup. That's where we're heading, a million miles an hour; pretty much ALL ag crops mechanical harvest, the END of migrant labor. Then what? I mean, think about this; Carrier is paying $60k a year for an American here and the exact same quality of work, in a brand new, more efficient plant would cost them $5k a year in Mexico. It's REAL money to an immigrant making $8-10 an hour here.

black dog

Free America
Ah, you say that like it's a minor point. H2B is a BIG deal and I know a bunch of people, smarter than me, who took the time to do the programs and simply could not be in business without them. Farmers, all sorts of ag.

So, tell me the % of H2B's v. US citizens they have and then you'll have made a point.

Yea it's a hard program to figure out, a few phone calls to a company that does it, and poof your legal immigrants show up.
After nine months of work, Poof, you send them home.
If the program is unchanged they can work here up to 3 rotations and poof, you change them out for a newer younger model.
The best part is they have valid paperwork, pay taxes, can get or already have driver's licenses, and want to work.

black dog

Free America
Yup. That's where we're heading, a million miles an hour; pretty much ALL ag crops mechanical harvest, the END of migrant labor. Then what? I mean, think about this; Carrier is paying $60k a year for an American here and the exact same quality of work, in a brand new, more efficient plant would cost them $5k a year in Mexico. It's REAL money to an immigrant making $8-10 an hour here.

Only skilled trades make close to 60 grand at Carrier's Indiana plants, factory floor workers make in the low 30's.