African Americans In St. Mary's County

PrepH4U

hasnaa said:
I WILL BE MOVING TO ST. MARYS CTY SEPT 1....BTW TO THE IDIOT WHO MADE THAT COMMENT ABOUT THE REDNECKS...I DON'T DO REDNECKS :nono:
Then I take it we have to hide the sheep? :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
hasnaa said:
I WILL BE MOVING TO ST. MARYS CTY SEPT 1....BTW TO THE IDIOT WHO MADE THAT COMMENT ABOUT THE REDNECKS...I DON'T DO REDNECKS :nono:
:howdy: BTW, I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the "Daughters of the Confederacy." :patriot:

hasnaa

unixpirate said:
Why does it always have to be a color thing? :confused:

LOOK WHERE YOU LIVE...IN AMERICA SO IT WILL ALWAYS BE A COLOR THING FOR SOME PEOPLE...I NEVER SAID THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM HANGING OUT WITH OTHER RACES THAN BLACKS...I JUST ASKED WHERE WERE THE ESTABLISHMENTS...I FREQUENT ALL KINDS OF PLACES WITH DIFFERENT RACES AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME...I THINK YOU ALL ARE MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF THE QUESTION...RACE IS SUCH A TOUCHY SUBJECT I SEE...IF YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THERE WILL NEVER BE A SOLUTION...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
ThatNewGuy said:
why not kick it/chill/marinate and get to know some of these peeps? We are meeting up tonight...and it's like that...chill people doing chill stuff

:yeahthat:

There ya go hasnaa. If you're in the area tonight, why not PM CMC122 about meetin' up. :shrug: Gonna be several of us.

Last edited:

CMC122

Go Braves!
sleuth said:
:yeahthat:

There ya go hasnaa. If you're in the area tonight, why not PM CMC122 about meetin' up. :shrug: Gonna be several of us.
Update:

I'll be out for the afternoon PM Allizonme:wink:

Chasey_Lane said:
:howdy: BTW, I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the "Daughters of the Confederacy." :patriot:

So what do you ladies do? Have a creed or mission statement? Just curious...I mean can I get a card too? :patriot: I WANNA CARD!!!!! :banana:

I WANNA BE A PART OF THE SCUBA SQUAD!!!!!(ref from big daddy movie)

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Chasey_Lane said:

do you go to the yearly national convention in the spring (if i remember right)? a good friend of mine's mother is on the national board.

hasnaa

unixpirate said:
hasnaa - Don't get your panties in a wad.. I'm agreeing with you.

Can you feel it?
:love:

I KNOW...THANKS...MY POINT WAS I WAS JUST ASKING A QUESTION AND PEOPLE ASSUMED THAT I DIDN'T HANG OUT WITH OTHER RACES THAN MY OWN, WHICH IS FALSE...I LOVE ALL PEOPLE...I JUST DON'T WANNA GO ANYWHERE AND SEE THAT I AM THE ONLY BLACK IN THE ESTABLISHMENT AND EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT YOU LIKE WHY ARE YOU HERE...SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IT HAPPENS :ohwell: THATS JUST A PART OF LIFE...BTW I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS I'M NOT YELLING...LOL

T.Rally

Does anyone remember the old adage birds of a feather flock together? We enjoy the company of those who share our views, our habits, our dress, our politics and our religion. It's nice to belong. And even those who don't seem to belong to any group manage to find each other and "enjoy" not belonging.

So hasnaa brutally honest, who cares? I don't associate with rednecks myself. I've always considered myself more along the lines of white trash.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
hasnaa said:
I JUST DON'T WANNA GO ANYWHERE AND SEE THAT I AM THE ONLY BLACK IN THE ESTABLISHMENT AND EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT YOU LIKE WHY ARE YOU HERE

:killingme

You don't have to be black to get that, just new to southern MD.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Other Races Than My Own

What ever happened with people being themselves. Walk into a bar/club what ever and be yourself. If they don't like it, thats there problem.
I play softball for several teams here in beautiful downtown Montgomery County and Greenbelt. One of the teams, I'm the token white boy. Its all a big joke. I laugh right along with them. Yes I'm that good to play with the bro's k? :lol:
Seriously my friends I hang with are 50/50, sometimes more black friends then white. Don't know why. Maybe its the places I hang. Color don't mean crap. People that have a problem with race/color have issues of there own they haven't figured out yet.
When I got married, (now seperated) our best man was black. Knew him since 6th grade.
Oh well enough preaching. Race issues really stir up the fir on the back of my neck.
Kidding don't have any fir. Little peach fuzz.. :lmao:

T.Rally said:
Does anyone remember the old adage birds of a feather flock together? We enjoy the company of those who share our views, our habits, our dress, our politics and our religion. It's nice to belong. And even those who don't seem to belong to any group manage to find each other and "enjoy" not belonging.

So hasnaa brutally honest, who cares? I don't associate with rednecks myself. I've always considered myself more along the lines of white trash.

I can understand your point here.....can I add that "but" in and say....

STILL....BIRDS is the common denominator....and BIRDS can still go to the aviary and chill, then go back to the nest and "belong." We are trying to see both sides of the coin, here...not just heads...
I mean I know there are people who wouldn't mind all head all the time...wait...that sounded gross...okay, all tail all the time...wait...hmmmmm...let me change this up.....
We want to build on both sides of the shore? ummm...mashed potatoes AND gravy? Chocolate and vanilla? Salt and Pepper? Oreo Cookies?

SKITTLES!!!! We gotta TASTE the rainbow! ummmm, hmmmm, ne way....you get the point...

it's 2004...slowing ne progress made in the area we are talking about via seclusion/exclusion is impeding (redundant statement but quintessential)

when 2005 rolls around...are you more diverse due to those with whom you associate? a good question to ask yourself, I think...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Jolly Gents

Is actually quite active and they have something going on every thursday (I pass it often)...but i think it's mostly old men :cheers: LOL...there is some kind of car/bike thing going on in sept i think. :dead: if it ain't got horsies or trail ridin', i ain't interested. who needs bikes and carz anyways? :razz:
OH ME...i need to get to WORK to support those horsies.....RATZ. Big vicious circle ain't it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
:killingme

You don't have to be black to get that, just new to southern MD.
:lmao: Kinda reminds me of Kindergarten Cop and all the littles kids pointing and screaming STRANGER!!!! :roflmao: