African Black Soap

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
We just bought the hunk of black soap from the Africa store in the mall. I really expected it to be darker after reading everything on here. The sales lady was very helpful and explained exactly how to use it to best fight acne - which is why we got it, as everything over the counter seems too harsh for girl and is making it worse.

Will check in again in a few days with a report on how well its working (or not), but for right now, the skin sure feels smooth.

Dudu is very black, could be dyed. The hunk soap is a medium brown. In less than 1 week, has cleared up 2 places on my face that would not clear up since Sept.

PrepH4U

Dudu is very black, could be dyed. The hunk soap is a medium brown. In less than 1 week, has cleared up 2 places on my face that would not clear up since Sept.

Well you were right! The hunk soap w/o shea does a pretty good job as a shampoo. I really like the hunk in the bath, has little rough particles in it that scrub your skin also. I still haven't tried my Dudu yet as I am hooked on the plain hunk.

Christy

b*tch rocket
The sales lady was very helpful and explained exactly how to use it to best fight acne - which is why we got it, as everything over the counter seems too harsh for girl and is making it worse.

It has helped my daughters acne immensely. I am very impressed. :yay:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Well you were right! The hunk soap w/o shea does a pretty good job as a shampoo. I really like the hunk in the bath, has little rough particles in it that scrub your skin also. I still haven't tried my Dudu yet as I am hooked on the plain hunk.

I was given a piece of hunk with the shea in it today.

Do NOT use black soap on your delicate parts. Just take my word for it. :eyebrow:

PrepH4U

I was given a piece of hunk with the shea in it today.

Do NOT use black soap on your delicate parts. Just take my word for it. :eyebrow:

Oh I have already heard that, gave the dudu to youngest who used it in a shower without a removable shower head. :killingme:killingme

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Anyone else have this?

I have been washing my hair with the hunk soap. I have a natural wave to my hair that doesn't show when I use the store shampoo. My hair is also color treated.
Since I have been using the hunk on my hair, the wave is back and my hair is fuller. Is anyone else shampooing and experiencing wavier hair? :eyebrow:

PrepH4U

I have been washing my hair with the hunk soap. I have a natural wave to my hair that doesn't show when I use the store shampoo. My hair is also color treated.
Since I have been using the hunk on my hair, the wave is back and my hair is fuller. Is anyone else shampooing and experiencing wavier hair? :eyebrow:

No I have only used it once on my hair. It was ok, used an organic conditioner afterwards. It was easy to style though.

T

tito

Anyone want mine?

So after reading all the great comments on here, I decided to order a 1lb 'hunk' and try it.

I broke off a piece of it and wrapped the rest back up. It's okay but seems to be more trouble than what it's worth.

Anyone want what's left? There's probably 3/4 of it that I've kept wrapped in plastic. If you want it, PM me and it's yours.