African Black Soap

Wenchy

Hot Flash
So, what kind are you supposed to buy to use on your face? I have normal to dry skin in the winter, but in the summer it's more oily. This summer seems to be worse than usual. :ohwell:

You can get a hunk (no shea) from me. :lol:

Chasey? You still want the shea butter?

I used the soap with shea. Not good for me. The pure hunk works the best (that's just me)

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So, what kind are you supposed to buy to use on your face? I have normal to dry skin in the winter, but in the summer it's more oily. This summer seems to be worse than usual. :ohwell:

I use the regular nothing added bar type soap. Last time I bought 3lbs. I can break you off a hunk if you want to try it.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I use the regular nothing added bar type soap. Last time I bought 3lbs. I can break you off a hunk if you want to try it.

That's what I use and am still washing my hair with it. I got my online from Cleopatra's Choice, where I also order Dead Sea bath salts.
I like their African soap better than Amazon.com's stuff.

I took the shea butter and mixed in a little olive oil so it stays a paste and use that on my face.
I also tried Dudu Osun and hated it. It is dyed black.

Good stuff :yay:

Rileyc

I was considering mixing mine into a paste and adding a tad bit of olive oil or something and putting it into a clean empty old shampoo bottle or something... has anyone else tried anything like that? What did you mix with it?

Roman

Black Soap

I've never tried it, but I am considering getting some for myself. I have extremely DRY skin. I also saw it mentioned on other Posts of the past, and heard that you can get it from Target. Anyone know about that? Should I get it with the Shea Butter for the dry skin? I'm getting excieted, and plan on going to Target today. I've tried just about everything!:yahoo:

Rileyc

I've never tried it, but I am considering getting some for myself. I have extremely DRY skin. I also saw it mentioned on other Posts of the past, and heard that you can get it from Target. Anyone know about that? Should I get it with the Shea Butter for the dry skin? I'm getting excieted, and plan on going to Target today. I've tried just about everything!:yahoo:

I think you can only get it from target online. I got mine from the african store in the mall by Dicks. It was very drying for me, I've never used Shea Butter, I used extra virgin olive oil.

Roman

mixing

I was considering mixing mine into a paste and adding a tad bit of olive oil or something and putting it into a clean empty old shampoo bottle or something... has anyone else tried anything like that? What did you mix with it?

If it's for Dry Skin, what about mixing it with Baby Oil, or even Vaseline? I know that sounds a bit stickey, but it would probably soak right up with as dry as my skin is!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It dried me out a little the first couple weeks but since then I've been back to normal (normal for me which is a little oily).

Rileyc

If it's for Dry Skin, what about mixing it with Baby Oil, or even Vaseline? I know that sounds a bit stickey, but it would probably soak right up with as dry as my skin is!

I used to use baby oil and vaseline as a full body moisturizer until I read all the controversy about that being a petroleum by product blah blah blah, I'm no crazy safety fanatic just worried about clogged pores so I switched to extra virgin olive oil which I LOVE, just wish it came in a gel like the baby oil, so much less messier!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

I used the soap with shea. Not good for me. The pure hunk works the best (that's just me)

Thanks for the offers, ladies! I think I might go to Waldorf on Saturday and stop in at the African store at the mall to pick their brains.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

vaseline doesn't have moisture of its on, it only seals in mositsure. Plus it clogs pores. I wouldn't recomend that on any face..lol

I tried target, it's not in the store itself, closest target store that had it I think was somewhere in VA.

I wanted to try some, but my skin is so incredibly dry, I don't think it would be helpful for me.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
vaseline doesn't have moisture of its on, it only seals in mositsure. Plus it clogs pores. I wouldn't recomend that on any face..lol

I tried target, it's not in the store itself, closest target store that had it I think was somewhere in VA.

I wanted to try some, but my skin is so incredibly dry, I don't think it would be helpful for me.

I take my mascara off with vaseline and leave some under my eyes every night. I have done this for 30 years and it has never clogged my pores.
A dermatologist has complimented me on my skin :lol:
Shirley Maclaine swears by vaseline.

Roman

Soap

I went to Target in California today, and looked for the soap, and it was not there, just like you said.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I am still interested, and can hook up w/you this weekend. I'll send you a message tomorrow.