African Black Soap

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
So after reading all the great comments on here, I decided to order a 1lb 'hunk' and try it.

I broke off a piece of it and wrapped the rest back up. It's okay but seems to be more trouble than what it's worth.

Anyone want what's left? There's probably 3/4 of it that I've kept wrapped in plastic. If you want it, PM me and it's yours.

Shea or no shea in it?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My daughter's acne is so much better now. She may still get a zit or two but not the big cystic type she was prone to getting. And her complexion coloring has evened out. She is now using it for body soap as well and all the dry patches are gone.

The hunk soap (w/o Shea) has darkened over time. We keep it in a ziploc tub and use a cloth, both recommended by the lady in the Africa store.

Haven't tried it for shampoo yet.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Well I'm willing to give it a try. Ordered a block yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes.

It's the only thing I wash my hair with now. My hair is color treated and the soap makes my hair feel so clean.

You can use it from head to foot, just don't get any on your hoo hoo. Seriously, it burns :yikes:

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Well I got it in yesterday. Took a nice soak then lathered a washcloth and went to work. It does leave a very clean feeling. No residue from added moisturizer or sweet smell. I'll give it a few weeks and see if I notice any big change. Not too sure about washing my hair with it. I tend to put a lot of conditioner in my hair so this may not help me any. If you bought it also, how did your experience with it go?

TGB

My daughter's acne is so much better now. She may still get a zit or two but not the big cystic type she was prone to getting. And her complexion coloring has evened out. She is now using it for body soap as well and all the dry patches are gone.

The hunk soap (w/o Shea) has darkened over time. We keep it in a ziploc tub and use a cloth, both recommended by the lady in the Africa store.

Haven't tried it for shampoo yet.

WHERE IS THIS STORE? NAME AND ADDRESS WOULD BE APRRECIATED. TIA

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
WHERE IS THIS STORE? NAME AND ADDRESS WOULD BE APRRECIATED. TIA
It's in the St. Charles Mall, upper floor by Kohl's. The staff is very informative. We just got our second batch and some shea. Owner was excited to hear so many people were having positive results.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Well I got it in yesterday. Took a nice soak then lathered a washcloth and went to work. It does leave a very clean feeling. No residue from added moisturizer or sweet smell. I'll give it a few weeks and see if I notice any big change. Not too sure about washing my hair with it. I tend to put a lot of conditioner in my hair so this may not help me any. If you bought it also, how did your experience with it go?

I never condition my hair because it gets weighed down. It leaves your hair feeling as clean as your skin, with no residue. It also brings out my natural wave but then I blow dry.

Try it on a weekend and see how it goes.

Pete

Repete
Warning****

Black African Soap has bits of hard foreign matter suspended in it. If you are in a rush and you jump in the shower and begin to vigorously rub the bar directly upon your skin the resulting scratches can make you look like you were attacked by a Bobcat.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Warning****

Black African Soap has bits of hard foreign matter suspended in it. If you are in a rush and you jump in the shower and begin to vigorously rub the bar directly upon your skin the resulting scratches can make you look like you were attacked by a Bobcat.

You should have googled before you jumped in the shower with the hunk of burning love. :ohwell:

navygirl

Farmer's Market in Charlotte Hall

A really nice guy at the Farmer's Market was selling all types of black soap on Saturday. I was able to buy the large hunk as well as several different kinds of bar soap. It was very reasonably priced. He also had Shea butter and other great things like goat milk soap. He provided lots of great info on each type of soap. I got several bars of the black soap for my children that are starting to have breakouts. I got a few bars with shea butter for myself. Thanks for the tip and I can't wait to see how it works.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
A really nice guy at the Farmer's Market was selling all types of black soap on Saturday. I was able to buy the large hunk as well as several different kinds of bar soap. It was very reasonably priced. He also had Shea butter and other great things like goat milk soap. He provided lots of great info on each type of soap. I got several bars of the black soap for my children that are starting to have breakouts. I got a few bars with shea butter for myself. Thanks for the tip and I can't wait to see how it works.
Was it more or less than $5/lb for the soap? Farmer's Market is closer than the mall although it will be quite some time before we need more.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Gave it a good long while to see if the results would last. They absolutely have! My skin is damn near PERFECT which hasn't happened since I had babe #2.

Rileyc

Gave it a good long while to see if the results would last. They absolutely have! My skin is damn near PERFECT which hasn't happened since I had babe #2.

I've been using it for months now after seeing it on here and I LOVE IT!! My skin is sooo much smoother! I had a lot of small bumps and they are gone! I noticed that in just a few days! It took a little while for my skin to get used to it as far as drying but now I don't have any issues! I gave some to my sister but she couldn't get over the dryness and I think she just gave up!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
So, what kind are you supposed to buy to use on your face? I have normal to dry skin in the winter, but in the summer it's more oily. This summer seems to be worse than usual. :ohwell:

Rileyc

I just went to the african shop in the mall and asked the lady at the counter. I got the hunk of stuff not the liquid