Air travel crybabies

snowygirl

I have a c pap for sleep apnea. Comes in its own case. I can fly in & out of Baltimore with no issues. Then only Atlanta I have to take it out of the bag and all apart. One time I got stopped over some peanut M&M's that had come out of the open bag. Talk about searching a bag.
Hi I was wondering about the cpap. Were you able to put it in your carryon ?or did it have to stay out of your carryon and carry it separately from the carry on? I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense I didn’t know how to word the question. Thank you

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Hi I was wondering about the cpap. Were you able to put it in your carryon ?or did it have to stay out of your carryon and carry it separately from the carry on? I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense I didn’t know how to word the question. Thank you
my husband typically packed a carry-on backpack that was big enough to fit his C-pap bag. He usually took it out of the backpack as we'd approach TSA and then stuff it back in afterwards. He just didn't like carrying more than one bag for long. I think most TSA's prefer having it in it's stand-along bag and the option to quickly verify what it was. He's never been given issue.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Basic supply and demand. The demand far outweighs the supply and the airlines simply don't care about service anymore. Even the first class fliers complain about lackluster service. Add the TSA Charlie Foxtrot to the experience.... There are no alternatives in the USA unless you have deep pockets; passenger rail travel is a freaking joke.

US Airlines don't have it easy either. They are at the mercy of the airport authorities for facilities and costs. Then they are at the mercy of the latest witless policy out of Washington that drives fuel prices. Don't forget about the wack-a-doodles they have to hire for gate and flight crew. Finally, they are publicly owned companies, so all the investor class and hedge funds care about is short-term financial performance.

Even the once great airlines like Southwest and JetBlue crumble under the US system.

snowygirl

my husband typically packed a carry-on backpack that was big enough to fit his C-pap bag. He usually took it out of the backpack as we'd approach TSA and then stuff it back in afterwards. He just didn't like carrying more than one bag for long. I think most TSA's prefer having it in it's stand-along bag and the option to quickly verify what it was. He's never been given issue.
Thank you

herb749

My case has a shoulder strap. It doesn't count as a piece of carry on. I believe they make an exception because its medical equipment.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, mine had its own case, which does indeed have an exception so it doesn't count against your carryon bags.

snowygirl

My case has a shoulder strap. It doesn't count as a piece of carry on. I believe they make an exception because its medical equipments
Ok thank you