American Horror Story

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had a real hard time following season #1 so I think I'm going to back track after this season and go backwards from this season since the story lines are different. :cheers: I have watched all but the last episode of this season and have like it very much.

I suggest going back and starting at Season One. Most of the actors have carried through to the next season, and there on. Interesting how it folds out. Former actors are possibly due back this season. I could name a couple, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I suggest going back and starting at Season One. Most of the actors have carried through to the next season, and there on. Interesting how it folds out. Former actors are possibly due back this season. I could name a couple, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

I finished the 1st season last week and must say, it was very good, in fact better than the season we are in now.

Eventually, I will watch the 2nd season but binge watching takes so much out of me.... because I also binge watched Rectify (which is 2 seasons in on Sundance) :dead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I finished the 1st season last week and must say, it was very good, in fact better than the season we are in now.

Each season has gone downhill. "Coven" was almost unwatchable come about half way through, IMO.

Why, Angela? Why???

:cds:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Tell me about this. Monello and I don't have cable so we get our TV entertainment from Hulu and Amazon Instant. We're currently on season 1 of "The Americans" - I'm liking it more than he is.

You can catch season #1 on Netflix (only 6 episodes). We ended up buying Season #2 off Prime and now that I am at the end, I'm very interested to see where season #3 goes.

The summary:

Sundance Channel's first wholly owned scripted series stars Aden Young as Daniel Holden, who spends nearly 20 years on death row for the rape and murder of a teenage girl, before new DNA evidence nullifies his conviction. He returns home, but he's far from welcomed. He's an outsider now in a town that remains divided by his alleged crime, and contributing to his uncertain future is the man who prosecuted him -- riding that notoriety to become a state senator -- is plotting to reopen the case. As he struggles to adapt, Daniel is comforted by support from his younger sister, Amantha, who has always believed in his innocence and has worked her entire adult life to secure his release. Not so for Ted Jr., Daniel's stepbrother with whom he has no relationship. Insecure and manipulative, Ted is skeptical of Daniel's motives and will do anything to protect his family.

There have been times where I have felt it is slow/drawn out but for some reason, we cannot explain it, it holds our interest.

Last week, soon after I purchased Season #2, I saw that all episodes were available online http://www.sundance.tv/ but they tend to post them and pull them down. Right now they are down, most likely because they have a marathon on the paid channel (which we don't get).

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Don't know if anybody saw but Lady Gaga is joining the cast of "American Horror Story: Hotel".

Watched the entire show during the holidays. Asylum was excellent.

PeoplesElbow

Don't know if anybody saw but Lady Gaga is joining the cast of "American Horror Story: Hotel".

Watched the entire show during the holidays. Asylum was excellent.

I thought Asylum threw too many things out there, aliens? Seemed to throw out everything except bigfoot. I did really like the way they tied in the first episode with the last, who would have thunk that?

Coven was a bit teenage girly, Freak show was my favorite so far.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jessica Lange will not be checking into the Hotel.

http://www.people.com/article/american-horror-story-jessica-lange-exit-matt-bomer-hotel

I thought Dandy was the best character AHS has ever had. The seasons had been getting progressively worse ("Coven" was just about ignorant and a total waste of Kathy and Angela) and I didn't have a lot of hope for Freak Show. But Monello ditched me for sunny Florida for a good chunk of the winter, so I got the season on Amazon. One and a half thumbs up.

So I will probably watch Hotel as well.

But they need to do something about Tate/Kit/Kyle/Jimmy. Evan Peters was terrific in the first season, but has been completely stupid and pathetic ever since. They can also ditch that idiotic Emma Roberts because she sucks.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Jessica Lange will not be checking into the Hotel.

http://www.people.com/article/american-horror-story-jessica-lange-exit-matt-bomer-hotel

I thought Dandy was the best character AHS has ever had. The seasons had been getting progressively worse ("Coven" was just about ignorant and a total waste of Kathy and Angela) and I didn't have a lot of hope for Freak Show. But Monello ditched me for sunny Florida for a good chunk of the winter, so I got the season on Amazon. One and a half thumbs up.

So I will probably watch Hotel as well.

But they need to do something about Tate/Kit/Kyle/Jimmy. Evan Peters was terrific in the first season, but has been completely stupid and pathetic ever since. They can also ditch that idiotic Emma Roberts because she sucks.

I'm so sad about Jessica Lange, she was by far my favorite, I thought she made the show. I was not a fan of freak show. Boring. Dandy was a terrific character, though. I love the terror of someone evil who is persuasive.

First season is still my favorite. Asylum was good, but I felt it had too many elements and the ending was muddled in trying to tie them all up. Coven was fun in a girly way but freak show was a let down. It had some promise with the twisty/dandy dynamic but was pretty flat everywhere else.

Homer J

Power Chord
I thought Asylum threw too many things out there, aliens? Seemed to throw out everything except bigfoot. I did really like the way they tied in the first episode with the last, who would have thunk that?

Coven was a bit teenage girly, Freak show was my favorite so far.

Bit of an old thread but wanted to add my 2 cents. Freak Show was my favorite too. The episode centered around Pepper and her journey through life was heart breaking.

Also, hard to believe this is the same person.

naomi-grossman.jpg