American Horror Story

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here we go again. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this show. I love the story, but not a huge fan of the over the top graphic sex and violence. And I normally love sex and violence, but whoever comes up with this stuff is sick and needs to be institutionalized.

Gaga = great choice! She really pulls off that role. Now as long as they don't do their normal shark jumping midway through and get ridiculous with their storylines, should be a good season.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here we go again. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this show. I love the story, but not a huge fan of the over the top graphic sex and violence. And I normally love sex and violence, but whoever comes up with this stuff is sick and needs to be institutionalized.

Gaga = great choice! She really pulls off that role. Now as long as they don't do their normal shark jumping midway through and get ridiculous with their storylines, should be a good season.

I found the pretty graphic sex a bit disturbing.

tuffenuff2

It started off well. Last season kinda went off the rails a bit. I liked the the one with the witches but it was a tame compared to some of them.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'm not a fan so far; other than of gaga, beautiful Matt Bomer and them playing hotel California. The rest is eh. I don't generally think that gore is a substitute for scary, and they appear to be heading that direction. I like my scary more psychological and subtle. But, I will watch the whole thing :lmao: and hope it goes better than last season's awful descent.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

:lmao: I totally agree with the part in bold.... but there is something about it that keeps me on the hook plus I watch this with my oldest son so there is that... My youngest is big into Walking Dead but hates AHS; it is visa versa with my oldest.

Gaga is excellent in the role of Elizabeth/The Countess. The fact that Gaga was playing in this season got unfavorable comments from my son and his friends but I kept talking her up for weeks. She comes across as a freak so I think it is perfect she'd end up in AHS. Now, after they have seen the 1st episode, they think she's great!

Now who I thought did an excellent job, even with such a small role so far, is Denis O'Hare who plays Liz Taylor but after looking him up, he's gay so I guess playing a tranny comes easy to him.

This season seems like a merge between "The Shining" and the movie "Seven," but way more graphic and them playing "Hotel California" had me laughing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is there going to be a bloody sex scene every episode? Because that will get old quick.

But yay! Finn Wittrock is back!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Loving AHS Hotel so far. Asylum is still my favorite season but this is much much better than Freak Show.