American Horror Story

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Okay, who's watching? I read the reviews and synopses of Cult episodes, and it sounded interesting enough that I went ahead and ordered the season from Amazon. Knocked out the first three episodes last night - this one has potential. The problem with AHS is that they start off strong, then jump the shark midway and go downhill fast, so I hope that doesn't happen with this season. To those who think it's a political hack job, it's not. The focus is on fear and the hivemind, and it's filled with over the top stereotypes (because if it was about normal people, nobody would watch). Sarah Paulson's character is a highly stereotypical progbot crazy...who really is crazy. Evan Peters' character doesn't really represent any Trump supporter that I've seen, and he's not so much political as he is flat out psychotic. That Trump "triggered" him is fairly incidental, but Sarah Paulson's trigger is directly related to Trump's election. The reviewers who say that this is some Leftist anti-Trump screed are being oversensitive and missing the point hard. Blood and gore, of course (the scene where the grit girl's pierced tongue hits the dirt....:lol:). Implausible reactions, naturally (the menacing nanny would have been fired rather quickly in real life, and "stand your ground" doesn't mean you can gun someone down just because you were afraid). The scene where Ivy slugs Ally across the face - SO satisfying! I'd been wanting to do that since she appeared on the screen in the first episode. So far I love this season!

Of course I'm watching! You have summarized this season perfectly.

Hank

my war
I'm watching as well, but like I said earlier & you (vrai) said, just hope it doesn't end up in the crapper for the last quarter of the series... It is screwing me up though, because every time I see Sarah Paulson, I see two heads!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm watching as well, but like I said earlier & you (vrai) said, just hope it doesn't end up in the crapper for the last quarter of the series... It is screwing me up though, because every time I see Sarah Paulson, I see two heads!

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aaaaaaaaaaaand....

sharkjump.jpg

Last week I had a suspicion; this week it's confirmed. When Lena Dunham shows up, that's a sign of the apocalypse - the End of Days. Last night's episode, which we just watched, was off the rails dumb. Unfortunately now I'm committed, so I'll see this mess through to the bitter end.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Aaaaaaaaaaaand....

View attachment 120296

Last week I had a suspicion; this week it's confirmed. When Lena Dunham shows up, that's a sign of the apocalypse - the End of Days. Last night's episode, which we just watched, was off the rails dumb. Unfortunately now I'm committed, so I'll see this mess through to the bitter end.

At least she died and went away quickly! :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Have you tried You on lifetime - Sunday nights I think. This guy owns a bookstore, girl comes in. He decides he likes her and begins to stalk her. First episode, he ends up kidnapping her sometimes bootie call, hits him over the head with a mallet, and locks him still alive and bleeding in the bookstore basement/ It's based on a bestseller that I never read. First episode was pretty good once you get past the narrators voice.

I have not, but I'll check it out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So what is the verdict on this Season? I haven't watched yet. Should I bother?

I DVDd last nights episode and will watch it later when I get home. But me being me, I'll watch the whole season. :lol:

Besides, it's only 2 weeks in. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What? I thought you said last year's stunk. :shrug:

BTW, if you want an actual good show to watch. Offspring on Netflix. :yay: Not remotely similar to AHS, but it is my favorite show ever made. :dance:

Cult was meh. Roanoke really stunk, but I still watched them! :lol:

I think I have seen the previews for that and want to watch it. Ozark has also piqued my interest.