An open apology

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Against the tongue of slanderers, My son, take it not to heart if some people think ill of you, and if they say of you what you do not like to hear.
Let not your place depend on the tongues of men. For whether they put a good or bad construction on what you do, you still are what you are.

-On the Imitation of Christ

I know that all fundamentalists aren't neo nazis, but some of them are. Please take these people into your arms, educate them as to less aggressive ways of getting their point across. Living in this melting pot we are exposed to all different kinds of people. One cannot expect these archaic gender roles to be universally relevent in this day in age.

Read. I implore you. Educate yourself, use your imagination a little. There are a lot of good reference materials out there. Remember to keep an open mind.

Just as you feel that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Hindus feel that Krishna is the perfect man, a god of love. He is a treasure to his followers. Muslims are also plagued by fundamentalism in some sects and are just as much if not more militant than Christians.

The inability to see a bigger picture is a constant human struggle we all must face. I don't expect it can be resolved overnight, but if we work together I'm sure we can find a solution to this pluralistic mess our world has become.

Thank you for your time. I will leave you alone now.

God Bless, Om Namah Shivaya

Last edited:

foodcritic

Against the tongue of slanderers, My son, take it not to heart if some people think ill of you, and if they say of you what you do not like to hear.
Let not your place depend on the tongues of men. For whether they put a good or bad construction on what you do, you still are what you are.

-On the Imitation of Christ

I know that all fundamentalists aren't neo nazis, but some of them are. Please take these people into your arms, educate them as to less aggressive ways of getting their point across. Living in this melting pot we are exposed to all different kinds of people. One cannot expect these archaic gender roles to be universally relevent in this day in age.

Read. I implore you. Educate yourself, use your imagination a little. There are a lot of good reference materials out there. Remember to keep an open mind.

Just as you feel that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Hindus feel that Krishna is the perfect man, a god of love. He is a treasure to his followers. Muslims are also plagued by fundamentalism in some sects and are just as much if not more militant than Christians.

The inability to see a bigger picture is a constant human struggle we all must face. I don't expect it can be resolved overnight, but if we work together I'm sure we can find a solution to this pluralistic mess our world has become.

Thank you for your time. I will leave you alone now.

God Bless, Om Namah Shivaya

Pluralistic mess?

Your re-hashing arguments that have already been made and refuted.

dazed&fallen

fine artist
People say that all the time and it never makes sense. Short of holding up your index, middle, and ring fingers and saying it, its just....idiotic.

You are clearly dazed...

Lewd gestures do not prove arguments. Fundamentalists have a problem with irony. They need things spelled out for them explicitly.

Don't mistake that for actual knowledge. It's a cop out if you ask me.

Gwydion

Lewd gestures do not prove arguments. Fundamentalists have a problem with irony. They need things spelled out for them explicitly.

How? If you believe the bible is infallible, then clearly you are a fundamentalist.

I guess they are a bit troubled with irony.

dazed&fallen

fine artist
"The high spirits of kindness may look like malice"
-Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead"
-God

Only God didn't say that. Whoever made that road sign said it. It carries less than divine connotation when you speak for God being that (s)he's beyond human comprehension.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Since you are so tender on the subject of the Bible's infallibility. I'm sorry you are offended, not sorry I did it.

Not offended nor expect you to be sorry. Just thought that what it was going to be about.

Make no difference to me......... :shrug:

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Not offended nor expect you to be sorry. Just thought that what it was going to be about.

Make no difference to me......... :shrug:

Okay. I feel ya. I know it's more desirable to be gentle with people. I try to be when possible but a discussion is a discussion.

Welcome to Post-Modernism friends. Things just got complicated.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I haven't quite defined what you are (in the context of these religious discussions) yet, but whatever you are, you are a fundamenatlist at it.