Another accident...

SoMDMama82

...at the Rt 5 and 236 flashing lights (Mechanicsville). Friend told me there were actually 2, the original accident, and another caused by the 1st accident. One person was flown out.

There's only an accident there about every other week. Usually people flying South on Rt 5 or people in a rush to cross Rt 5 south, trying to go north. Think it's about time for a light there??? :shrug:

K

khuseman

NO, they will wait until someone dies in order to put up a freakin light. That seems to be the only way to put up a light

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
rack'm said:
So, they fly out now for just about anything. :duh:

My brother in law was in an accident a few years back; they flew him out because he needed stitches in his face, and said that SMH would leave too much of a scar. They just flew him out and never even gave his wife the opportunity to voice her opinion. :shrug: He was released the same day.

rack'm

Jaded
nachomama said:
My brother in law was in an accident a few years back; they flew him out because he needed stitches in his face, and said that SMH would leave too much of a scar. They just flew him out and never even gave his wife the opportunity to voice her opinion. :shrug: He was released the same day.

What a waste of fuel and time for the chopper......:ohwell:

A friend of mine was flown out because she fractured her sternum.

SMC Dispatch

rack'm said:
What a waste of fuel and time for the chopper......:ohwell:

A friend of mine was flown out because she fractured her sternum.

That was not a waste of fuel, sometimes they fly people out because of injuries. Like yesterday, they flew out a young female at Margaret Brent Middle School for injuries. Which was a severe injury she had. But i cant tell you what injuries it was.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
SMC Dispatch said:
That was not a waste of fuel, sometimes they fly people out because of injuries. Like yesterday, they flew out a young female at Margaret Brent Middle School for injuries. Which was a severe injury she had. But i cant tell you what injuries it was.

We already know all about that, you must not have been on the forums yesterday. :rolleyes:

BTW - :howdy: Hurricane Dan.

nachomama said:
They will send you a big ole bill for the flyout and not all insurances will cover it. Guess who is responsible for the cost if insurance won't cover it?

SMC Dispatch

nachomama said:
We already know all about that, you must not have been on the forums yesterday. :rolleyes:

BTW - :howdy: Hurricane Dan.

I doubt you all new about it, and i am not hurricanedan. he is in California State visiting family. My name is Joseph i am a Secretary/ECC Dispatcher for Fire/EMS and Police.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
SMC Dispatch said:
I doubt you all new about it, and i am not hurricanedan. he is in California State visiting family. My name is Joseph i am a Secretary/ECC Dispatcher for Fire/EMS and Police.

Hiya Joseph. :howdy:

My kids have friends at Margaret Brent. MB kids were texting my kids who were texting me about the whole incident yesterday as I was driving home from work. :drama:

And, Rack'm, I got my daughter driving out there to check out the situation; she'll find out the vehicle makes, models, colors and tag #'s and text me when she's on her way back home. :yay:

sccrmommy

When I inquired about why they don't put lights up at certain places I was told 5 people need to die in an accident there in order for it to be considered for a light..........GREAT!!!