Another accident...

rack'm

Jaded
nachomama said:
And, Rack'm, I got my daughter driving out there to check out the situation; she'll find out the vehicle makes, models, colors and tag #'s and text me when she's on her way back home. :yay:

Ok, text me the info so I can see if it's a family member or not. :huggy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
sccrmommy said:
When I inquired about why they don't put lights up at certain places I was told 5 people need to die in an accident there in order for it to be considered for a light..........GREAT!!!

I have five people I'd like to nominate then! :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
sccrmommy said:
When I inquired about why they don't put lights up at certain places I was told 5 people need to die in an accident there in order for it to be considered for a light..........GREAT!!!

I don't believe that......over the years, far more than 5 people have expired at that intersection.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
sccrmommy said:

Sorry, I'm not offering up any of my family or friends just to get a stinking stop light up. :rolleyes:

pixiegirl said:
I have five people I'd like to nominate then! :lmao:

:faint:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
SMC Dispatch said:
That was not a waste of fuel, sometimes they fly people out because of injuries. Like yesterday, they flew out a young female at Margaret Brent Middle School for injuries. Which was a severe injury she had. But i cant tell you what injuries it was.
Why do you post on these boards if you can't say anything?

Waste of time.......

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
nachomama said:
And, Rack'm, I got my daughter driving out there to check out the situation; she'll find out the vehicle makes, models, colors and tag #'s and text me when she's on her way back home. :yay:

Tell her to save the gas. Gumbo has a ringside seat for accidents at that intersection. If someone has his number just buzz him to log on with info.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
Tell her to save the gas. Gumbo has a ringside seat for accidents at that intersection. If someone has his number just buzz him to log on with info.

She can't seem to drag herself away from the pool today. :drama:
Yeah, I'm jealous. :lmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
rack'm said:
What a waste of fuel and time for the chopper......:ohwell:

A friend of mine was flown out because she fractured her sternum.
This is a really sore subject with me.

When my dad suffered his heart attack, doctor's wanted him transported up to DC. The helo that services this area was on a "routine" call, supposedly with a guy who broke his leg in an accident.

In the meantime, they were able to secure a helo from VA to take dad up the road. This near 2-hour delay caused irreperable damage, which led to his death.

Would his death still had had occurred when it did if he had been able to get to the hospital more quickly? Who knows. But it pisses me off that his treatment was delayed over a freakin' broken leg.

Put the injuries and the helo usage in perspective, folks, is all I'm saying.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:

When my dad suffered his heart attack, doctor's wanted him transported up to DC. The helo that services this area was on a "routine" call, supposedly with a guy who broke his leg in an accident.

In the meantime, they were able to secure a helo from VA to take dad up the road. This near 2-hour delay caused irreperable damage, which led to his death.

Would his death still had had occurred when it did if he had been able to get to the hospital more quickly? Who knows. But it pisses me off that his treatment was delayed over a freakin' broken leg.

It's amazing how a "life saving service" that was put into operation years ago, has now become a routine ambulance service. If you can safely be transported by ambulance the helo should stay put, or actually be saving a life somewhere else.

Broken arms and legs used to not even warrant a 911 call, or an ambulance..

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
BadGirl said:

I remember how totally freaked out my SIL was when we were going to the hospital. And I can also remember how pizzed she was when she found how just how minor his injuries really were. :ohwell:

itsbob said:
It's amazing how a "life saving service" that was put into operation years ago, has now become a routine ambulance service. If you can safely be transported by ambulance the helo should stay put, or actually be saving a life somewhere else.

Broken arms and legs used to not even warrant a 911 call, or an ambulance..
But then they couldn't shut down the whole road for a landing zone.

Hmmm... they do get to charge for each fly out and either the patient or insurance is responsible to foot the bill... you don't think it's sometimes about the money do ya... :coffee:

R

rallwine2000

SMC Dispatch said:
I doubt you all new about it, and i am not hurricanedan. he is in California State visiting family. My name is Joseph i am a Secretary/ECC Dispatcher for Fire/EMS and Police.
Does the ECC allow you to do this? Just wondering.

SMC Dispatch

I can do that. I just cant give out certain information, such as names, peoples addresses. And a couple of other things.

Also just to you let you all know another MVA PI on Budds Creek Road and Horse Shoe Road. The MVA in reported to be head on.

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
SMC Dispatch said:
I can do that. I just cant give out certain information, such as names, peoples addresses. And a couple of other things.

Also just to you let you all know another MVA PI on Budds Creek Road and Horseshoe Road. The MVA in reported to be head on.

OK, now this could be my ex-hubby...

We aren't asking for names or addresses, dear, all we are asking for is vehicle color, make? :shrug:

Any passer by or witness can give us that info. :rolleyes:

R

rallwine2000

SMC Dispatch said:

Also just to you let you all know another MVA PI on Budds Creek Road and Horse Shoe Road. The MVA in reported to be head on.
Thanks, just didn't wnat you to get in trouble with the MANAGER!!!
Hope to see you soon.

SMC Dispatch

I dont have what the make of the vehicle is at this time. So far they have 1 Engine, 1 Rescue, a Chief, 3 Ambulance, 1 is Paramedic, Police report 1 subject trapped.