Another rescue underway on the Bay tonight.

penguinsix

Multiple fire boats and tug boats in the area of Poplar Island. Fire trucks on the shore and Anne Arundel Fire has a command set up at Herrington Harbor. Just saw them fire off a flare for illumination. Did see a MDSP helo earlier. Unsure what is going on.

penguinsix

Reports of an overturned john boat near Poplar Island. Queen Anne, Anne Arundel and Calvert fireboats responded (some of which were still on the water from the Kennedy recovery early in evening). Coast Guard called the search halt around 10:00pm. Suspect it will start again this morning.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Unless it's your boat.
My former neighbors had a boat on their lift and when Isabel came through, the boat went bye bye. It was later recovered across the river in Westmoreland County, VA. and was returned. It wasn't tied to the pier.

A couple years later another storm comes up, they were out of town so I checked on their boat. Once again, not tied. I tied it up for them just to be safe. When they came home from their vacay, he went to check on the boat and I watched him untie the boat and toss the line into the boat. Never thanked me or anything, so eff him.

PeoplesElbow

My former neighbors had a boat on their lift and when Isabel came through, the boat went bye bye. It was later recovered across the river in Westmoreland County, VA. and was returned. It wasn't tied to the pier.

A couple years later another storm comes up, they were out of town so I checked on their boat. Once again, not tied. I tied it up for them just to be safe. When they came home from their vacay, he went to check on the boat and I watched him untie the boat and toss the line into the boat. Never thanked me or anything, so eff him.
Not a boater, how does it stay in place if not tied to the pier?

BernieP

Resident PIA
That poor family has been cursed
I guess maybe because pops made his fortune running illegal booze and other off the books activities?
Or the fact old Joe was a NAZI sympathized and not a terribly nice guy?

Maybe the only honest one was Robert, but he is probably responsible for getting his brother John killed?
Of course Teddy did get someone killed and ran off to let them die.

Down to the latest, I don't think a normal person would get the resources thrown at looking for them that the Kennedy's did.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Coming from a Massachusetts family, most of whom have not voted for a Kennedy from that family since JFK, maybe a little too soon.
I am not sure if the people on the Cape would have voted for even JFK. But the people of Mass sure liked Teddy, even after he drowned Mary Jo

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I am not sure if the people on the Cape would have voted for even JFK. But the people of Mass sure liked Teddy, even after he drowned Mary Jo
More people died in Teddy's car than did at 3 Mile Island, is something we used to say back then.
When I was growing up in the western part of the Commonwealth, JFK was about as far left as we'd go.

BernieP

Resident PIA
More people died in Teddy's car than did at 3 Mile Island, is something we used to say back then.
When I was growing up in the western part of the Commonwealth, JFK was about as far left as we'd go.
He would be a conservative by today's standards. At least as president. Tax cuts.
Teddy was more the leftist.