Anyone been to a Blue Crabs game?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

It would be a great place to hold High School Graduations.That way the Grads can have as many as they want attend instead of only a few family members each. It would also be a great place for big concert events.

Not too bad of an idea on the graduation thing :yay: (already have planned concerts there :whistle: check out their site..ya might be interested :smile:)

CMC122

Go Braves!
My nieghbor took her husband for his 41st berfday and they had a blast! She paid $5 to put a Happy Birthday across the billboard :yay: She said it was completely empty in there and the fireworks were amazing:yay::yay:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
attendence has gone way down.

I'm curious to see if this stadium even lasts...turns out they didn't pay the cleaning crew since the stadium opened and so everyone quit and now the company just dropped the contract cuz they had nobody to cover the stadium. :whistle:

Ouch. Where did you hear that from?

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive been to 5 games so far and go again this Saturday, they have asked from the beginning of the season at 2 different times in the game between innings for people to pass any trash over to the the ushers, Im guessing this is to help out the cleanup people.
There does appear to be alot of empty seats, alot of the the season ticket holders do not go to every game, and when they do attendence those sold season tickets are included in the final attendence, I was there last Saturday night and was curious as to the the attendence and it was 2,700 people, not bad but not good, was above there average which is around 1,700.
If anyone has been interested in going to a game and havent gotten to a game yet, get yourself some tickets, the team is very competive for a new team and the atmosphere around the staduim is great, if you have little kids or little league kids they will really enjoy going, seats are close to the field and they do some type of promo between every half inning to keep you entertained.
We went back in May, when grandson had a birthday(11), he had alot of fun, (was really shocked when they announced his birthday on the big screen) before we went that day told my DW, that we ought to do the same thing for his sister who turns 7 tomorrow, she says to me "just like a guy wanting to go to a ballgame, little girls will be interested in other things, we hop in the car to leave after that game, and I hadnt even started the car up yet and she says to her mother can we do this for my birthday, I just looked at the DW and said guys are always right.:lmao:
I know this staduim got off to a very negative start with all the nasayer's and all the fuddy duddies from Hughesville, who fought to save there little 'Village' which is now turning into a ghost town:lmao: can't keep busineses in town and cant get any tenants for that row of stores that was built, but if you give the Blue Crabs a chance, go to a game, I think you will want to go back again for another game.
Saturday night games are good because of the fireworks, they spend alot $$$ on those fireworks, awesome display, they sometimes do it on Friday nights also, you will need to see just which Fridays they do them from the schedule.

FYI: I am not employed by the Blue Crabs, I would just like to see them be succesful, I think it is great family entertainment for the Tr-County area and hope to see you at the game.:howdy:
Ill be there with my clan Saturday night Sec 22, celebrating 2 birthdays.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I really like REO speedwagon! Does that make me a dork? LOL

If so, then we are both dorks :shrug: :lmao: I am excited to go. I have seen one of their concerts on TV and it was fairly recent so I'm hoping that this one is at least comparable :yay: (because the one on TV was great)

Ouch. Where did you hear that from?

The owner of the cleaning company :lmao: Lets just say, we are fairly close :yay: :lol:

FYI: I am not employed by the Blue Crabs, I would just like to see them be succesful, I think it is great family entertainment for the Tr-County area and hope to see you at the game.:howdy:QUOTE]

:yay: I'd love to see the stadium/team be successful as well. Every game I went to was a good time.

EvWill

The Lancaster New Era newspaper has an outside perspective on the Blue Crabs' attendance difficulties. No, I have no idea what the writer was referring to by "Prince George County in Northern Virginia" either. Fractured geography notwithstanding though, the Atlantic League does have to be taking note at the team's issues when they appear in the outside press.

The Southern Maryland media hole is obviously real but the team management had to know that going into the project. Why the Blue Crabs were not already sending press releases to every alternative outlet in sight is beyond me. Regional population growth should help in the long-term but that doesn't excuse the need to reach out to the available potential fan base in the here and now.

Last edited:

dn0121

I'll be there tomorrow night . My 1st game and can't wait. Hopefully gf will be out of work by then otherwise shes going to miss out.

OldHillcrestGuy

Nice. Should definitely be fun. I honestly don't think there is a bad seat in the entire stadium...I've pretty much seen the view from everywhere. :yay:

:yay:

Great game last night (Sunday) after 1hr and 20min rain delay, Crabs came back from being down 6-0 to go ahead 10-6 after the restart, then they let the other team score 4 runs in the ninth to tie the game and then the Crabs score in the bottom of the ninth to win 11-10.
OHG left the parking lot at 12 midnight, with rain delay and fireworks delay the game was almost 5hrs. and 30 minutes long. OHG sure didnot want to hear my alarm clock go off at 4:45 this morning.:snooze:
Very good crowd last night at the beginning.

Go Crabs:yahoo:

E

eng69ine

:yay:

Great game last night (Sunday) after 1hr and 20min rain delay, Crabs came back from being down 6-0 to go ahead 10-6 after the restart, then they let the other team score 4 runs in the ninth to tie the game and then the Crabs score in the bottom of the ninth to win 11-10.
OHG left the parking lot at 12 midnight, with rain delay and fireworks delay the game was almost 5hrs. and 30 minutes long. OHG sure didnot want to hear my alarm clock go off at 4:45 this morning.:snooze:
Very good crowd last night at the beginning.

Go Crabs:yahoo:

Did you miss the working fire last night?