Anyone else have horrible Allergies & Sinus

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The winters around here have been so slight that more and more mold and bacteria and pollen have been multiplying causing sinus issues in people who usually don't have issues and reaping havoc on us that have always had issues. I have had sinus issues my whole life and after multiple sinus infections and sinus surgery to open up blocked cavities I was sent to an allergist....kiddingly I asking if he had a box of test serums for St. Mary's....he was dead serious and said he did. He said that the way the stuff in the county blooms (spring or fall) creates an extreme condition in the environment like nothing he has ever seen or read about before that will most defiantly cause sinus/allergic issues to anyone who spends time in the county. I also kiddingly asking if he could test to see if I was allergic to my BF....he got mad at that one and said I would be surprise how many people are allergic or have a reaction to their significant other. The sloughed off skin cells we deposit all around all day and the natural odor we all have (that is different to everyone) can cause sinus/allergic reactions to people.

With all that being said, what I believe is happening with you is the sinus mucus is up in your cavities and may be partially blocked from past sinus issues that the netti pot isn't able to flush out which is causing pressure in your sinuses and ears causing the dizziness and your other symptoms. I also think the netti pot maybe causing the drying out of your outer sinus which can cause inflammation and again the pressure.

Try not using the netti pot but once or twice a week, take Musinex D/DM to get your sinuses to start draining and use a saline spray often during the day. The times you don't us the netti pot try putting HOT (as hot as you can stand) compresses across your face (ear to ear) to cover your cheeks and nose and across your forehead just above your eyebrows. If you can, take Advil or something similar to help bring down the inflammation in your sinuses and ears. If this doesn't work after two weeks (and believe me I am 48 years old and have been dealing with these type of sinus issues in this county my whole life and have done everything I have suggested because of the same symptoms you mentioned) then I suggest you request the CT Scan your ENT recommended....you might have blockages in your sinus cavities or growths in your sinus cavities and/or ears.

Great Post.
Thanks.

tipsymcgee

Thanks for the input, MAV. I gave the neti pot a break today and just used saline mist a few times. Dare I say I'm a little better today. I did get some bloody gunk out earlier, not sure if that did it or not. I called my GP today and her assistant said she will see if she can squeeze me in tomorrow somehow. I have had blocked sinuses in the past, but not to this extent, so maybe there is some holdover. Fingers crossed.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Really? You know I was thinking about that, but for me it's not just at night. I just wish I could figure it out. .

Yup. As old people, we tend to fall asleep watching TV on the sofa and she sleeps like a baby. I am a CPAP person so, I can't do it for long, wake her up and we go to bed. We've just noticed that, over time, the pattern was bed. Someone at work mentioned they'd read about how awful pillows become over time and we knew ours had some miles on them so, out with the old, in with the new. So far, 3-4 nights, so good. Dramatically more better.

Trying to avoid any Obamacare penalties or fines for self medicating is the hard part.

:evil:

tipsymcgee

SO....after a good two days at the end of the week, I came down with another bout of stuff last night that was terrible. Spent a few hours in the ER today, got levels checked and MRI done. MRI clear, levels clear, eyes, ears, lungs clear. Doc thinks I have had such bad experiences with the events that culminated in the original sinusitis event (I was on the road driving when it hit me bad), I am having anxiety/panic problems. The events do start with a type of "motion" sickness and so I guess that makes sense. Driving by myself has been hard and sets off immediately. I thought it was just something related to my head being stuffed up that made me have problems with focus, etc. And reading up on it, it's apparently not uncommon to go along with sinusitis. Have to talk to the GP next because ER doesn't prescribe stuff for the anxiety.