Anyone Notice the DOW?

phreddyp

I'm sure you did, LOLOLOLOLOLOL Now go and wash Boss Mans Corvette...
I'm sure you know I did, not that you would admit it. Did you get a gold watch and chain from the man when you were let go or just shown the door? My guess is Juan took your position with ease.

black dog

Free America
I'm sure you know I did, not that you would admit it. Did you get a gold watch and chain from the man when you were let go or just shown the door? My guess is Juan took your position with ease.
Gold watches are for used car salsman.
Just a few nice checks each month.
Sorry no Juan's, you have to speak english and pass the entrance exam.
To get the cheese in the elevator trade one "unlike you mr 3 yrs" has to suck out the apprenticeship and pass the big test.

black dog

Free America
That and a lot of $Ka-Ching$
A 550 and a few single stages are on another bench along with casting.
I'm looking and pricing a new RL1100 and sell that 8 station in the picture.
20240530_172749(1).jpg

Kinnakeet

Does anyone know how much someone would get back on a IRA or whatever? is 15 to 20% to much the 1 wealth management company I have talked to have yet to give me any numbers I guess they want to get paid first/ I have no clue and I am getting frustrated because I do not understand I have told them I need numbers how much is my money going to make me is it more than the 1 annuity I was thinking about Im getting to the point that im just going to do it all myself.

Hessian

Does anyone know how much someone would get back on a IRA or whatever? is 15 to 20% to much the 1 wealth management company I have talked to have yet to give me any numbers I guess they want to get paid first/ I have no clue and I am getting frustrated because I do not understand I have told them I need numbers how much is my money going to make me is it more than the 1 annuity I was thinking about Im getting to the point that im just going to do it all myself.
Well, it has a few factors that impact your monthly withdrawals: A) How aggressive is the IRA portfolio? A Mix of Big Cap stocks and Index ETFs fluctuates year by year--ranging from loss to 16%. B) Less aggressive funds rest on Bonds and dividend companies...probably slight loss to 6%.
Most financial advisors want you withdrawing the old formula of 4-4.5% per year. You must ask if the accounts have a Required Minimum distribution (RMD)...often set at 10% per year.
Without the RMD, 300,000 in a IRA will probably grow at 6-8 % per year (=18-22,000)
Your 4% annual withdrawal would be about 1060+/month

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A) How aggressive is the IRA portfolio?
This plays big. You can go conservative with a lower gain expectation, but higher likelihood of stable gains. Or you can go aggressive with high yield investments, but the potential of negative losses rises. That's why you need to talk to an advisor/investor. You tell them your goals, they design a plan that fits those goals. Are you looking for short term high yield or long term moderate gains? I started investing back in the early 80s and chose (at that time) long term "safe" moderate investments. Just leave it alone and the end result is more than you expect. And you can always change your planning as life events change.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My mutual funds are "moderately aggressive', so I can make back any losses a little faster. I talked to my advisor about scaling back, but we decided since I plan to continue working for a few more years to leave it. I can dial it back when I turn 65 which is when I plan to start drawing SS.

The idea of the govt taxing unrealized capital gains has me a little freaked out though.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The idea of the govt taxing unrealized capital gains has me a little freaked out though.
Me too. I did some rough numbers, how many people over 65 who have IRAs/401(k)s, used my own account as a median, how much could be realized from taxing unrealized gains,.... it's in the trillions of dollars for an initial tax rape.