Anyone Notice the DOW?

phreddyp

Wife works for the Govt' Im on her insurance/ when I turn 65 the company I work for will be sending me a card with 2000 dollars for every year I worked for them/November 29 2024/ Im going to talk to another adviser in leonardtown next week/what would be some good options.Im a little shaky about turning over my 401k but I do like the fact that I will get x amount of dollars till the day I die but then if the market goes thru the roof I will probably be sad but if it crashes then what?
At what age are you planning to retire, this has a LOT to do with your options?

black dog

Free America

Chopticon64

She just banns your screen name. To much trouble to do your isp.
But you know that already.
I was just responding to the many posts by several members that those who post dissenting views of Trump are “cowards” because there is no consistency with screen names.

The names get blocked, like you said, this forum is the ultimate safe space for MAGA.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was just responding to the many posts by several members that those who post dissenting views of Trump are “cowards” because there is no consistency with screen names.

The names get blocked, like you said, this forum is the ultimate safe space for MAGA.
So what explains your "presence" over multiple screens names since before Trump? Your mental issues obviously predate "orange man".

Yep, you are the epitome of a coward.

PJay

stop crying

Here.. I wrote you a song

MAGA in the morning
MAGA in the evening
MAGA at suppertime
Be my Ultra MAGA
I love you all the time.

black dog

Free America

Please...

Kinnakeet

Tomorrow,Thank's/Im going to go to 1 other next week and make my decision then /I read up on annuities and I have mixed feelings now but we shall see.
Talked to the person I had no idea what the he!! he was talking about I told him I need numbers as in how much will we get a month he was way to smart for me to understand but I liked some of the stuff I did understand but he did say yes I could retire this November,we are going to another one soon and hope to make a decision then,How does one young man retain so much information he was bad ass!

phreddyp

Talked to the person I had no idea what the he!! he was talking about I told him I need numbers as in how much will we get a month he was way to smart for me to understand but I liked some of the stuff I did understand but he did say yes I could retire this November,we are going to another one soon and hope to make a decision then,How does one young man retain so much information he was bad ass!
What gives? You have never talked to a real salesman before? Remember you are talking to a used car salesman, but you are putting much much more on the line. Good hunting!

Last edited:

Chopticon64

Sounds like a situation where you’re probably getting screwed over, they are trying to overwhelm you with numbers so you don’t ask any questions and “trust” them.

It’s a disgusting business, but it’s how these folks make their money.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Respectfully. If you do not understand, then you are ripe for being taken advantage of. Educate yourself, or find someone else for a second opinion. Or someone that can explain to you in a way that you will fully understand. How can you make a fully informed financial decisions if you do not fully understand? Don't wing something this important. Do not set yourself up for financial failure.

Kinnakeet

For your consideration ...

Respectfully. If you do not understand, then you are ripe for being taken advantage of. Educate yourself, or find someone else for a second opinion. Or someone that can explain to you in a way that you will fully understand. How can you make a fully informed financial decisions if you do not fully understand? Don't wing something this important. Do not set yourself up for financial failure.
Im going to different advisers I need everything explained in redneck terms...lol working on my 3rd opinion next/ anyone ever deal with Oak Wealth Partners in Lexington park?

Hessian

They say its really hard and not worth the stress of 'timing' the market. Well for those who decided to jump in last week after the tantrum ended...the returns are: IMPRESSIVE. That is not to say that part of the portfolio is still in recovery but man....the Tech etf I have is roaring.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They say its really hard and not worth the stress of 'timing' the market. Well for those who decided to jump in last week after the tantrum ended...the returns are: IMPRESSIVE. That is not to say that part of the portfolio is still in recovery but man....the Tech etf I have is roaring.
I left everything alone. I knew it would recover, just wasn't sure how long it would be, a few days, a few weeks.... been thru worse.

phreddyp

Im going to different advisers I need everything explained in redneck terms...lol working on my 3rd opinion next/ anyone ever deal with Oak Wealth Partners in Lexington park?
The problem with simple explanations is this they usually will exploit the best items and gloss over the less desirable parts with gobbledygook. You can lock in two years in T bills at over 4% and still have your principal and not pay state tax on the interest. While you wait you can then look around and get the best deal for you that they offer at your leisure. Mind you, you and your wife will be two years older and that alone should boost your monthly income with an annuity, interest rates are not that high to begin with I doubt that they are going to back to the last lows we saw, and if they do, we will most likely be in a major recession and stocks will be cheap and maybe time to put some of the principal into dividend stocks. Not trying to push anything on you but never hurts to see other options. Good luck to you.

phreddyp

I left everything alone. I knew it would recover, just wasn't sure how long it would be, a few days, a few weeks.... been thru worse.
Market didn't drop enough for me even to consider buying, except for the automatic investing I always have going on.