Anything New Going On Across From Wildwood?

Goldenhawk

all the unsavory looking foot traffic up and down that road
What makes it "unsavory"? I drive that road twice or more daily, and I see a lot of foot traffic, but what makes it "all unsavory"? Dare I suggest latent racism?

Sure, there are areas populated by people different than me, but that's okay. The vast majority of them are just out trying to get from place A to place B unbothered by anyone else, and don't happen to have a car or choose to walk for the exercise.

I think the more foot traffic, the better; it shows that the place is occupied and thriving.

SG_Player1974

What makes it "unsavory"? I drive that road twice or more daily, and I see a lot of foot traffic, but what makes it "all unsavory"? Dare I suggest latent racism?

When my kid has to ask "Why is that man with the brown bag in his hand showing everyone his underwear?" then I would say it is unsavory no matter what color they are...

And I drive that road every day as well... and that question could be asked every day!

CrashTest

Sure, there are areas populated by people different than me, but that's okay. The vast majority of them are just out trying to get from place A to place B unbothered by anyone else, and don't happen to have a car or choose to walk for the exercise.

I think the more foot traffic, the better; it shows that the place is occupied and thriving.

It is you who brought up race. Perhaps it is you who is obsessed with race.

glhs837

Power with Control
I guess you have not been in that dump you are defending lately "Crash"? The county has nothing to do with that. Its the owners of the theater. Or like Esperanza Lanes the owner is at fault. Or the mysterious burning down of the original theater and Skipjack Inn. The owners could also do their part and improve the looks and insides of their facilities. But do they? No. They think the county or state or the Fed should bail them out. Sorry that theater is dead as well as that lame bowling alley...Good riddance!

Maybe the theater builder in WW paid for those new sidewalks on GMR in order to get his zoning. He gets his zoning, and local "leaders" look like they give a chit about the GMR corridor. Chicago politics.

Nope, those bricks were on our dime, one little piece of Stenys stimulous money, as I recall.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Maybe the theater builder in WW paid for those new sidewalks on GMR in order to get his zoning. He gets his zoning, and local "leaders" look like they give a chit about the GMR corridor. Chicago politics.

Nope. Those sidewalks were paid for by the SHA through some sort of grant money.

awpitt

Main Streeter
When my kid has to ask "Why is that man with the brown bag in his hand showing everyone his underwear?" then I would say it is unsavory no matter what color they are...

And I drive that road every day as well... and that question could be asked every day!

I drive that road almost every day and can't say that I've seen someone showing their underwear.

CrashTest

Analyzing an issue often requires raising possible reasons. Failure to consider them exposes an inherent bias.

That's from the far left playbook. Throw out the word race and expect everyone to waste time defending themselves while avoiding the real issue. Seedy people walk up and down GMR. Period.

Beta

Smile!
Nope. Those sidewalks were paid for by the SHA through some sort of grant money.

And where did that "grant money" come from? Are you saying SHA paid it via a grant, or they received money via a grant to fund it?

bilbur

The biggest change I see going on across from Wildewood is that they have screwed up the light during rush hour. Now the turn lane to get into Wildewood is backed up into the travel lane because people would rather create a dangerous situation than go just up the street and make a u turn. I live in Wildewood and there is usually about a 50-50 chance that I either have space to get out of the road or I have to go to the next light down. I blame SHA because there is no reason for that light to be active, especially during rush hour, when there is no one sitting at the light. They need to find a better way of dealing with that intersection or I see many fender-benders and road rage incidents in its future.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
The biggest change I see going on across from Wildewood is that they have screwed up the light during rush hour. Now the turn lane to get into Wildewood is backed up into the travel lane because people would rather create a dangerous situation than go just up the street and make a u turn. I live in Wildewood and there is usually about a 50-50 chance that I either have space to get out of the road or I have to go to the next light down. I blame SHA because there is no reason for that light to be active, especially during rush hour, when there is no one sitting at the light. They need to find a better way of dealing with that intersection or I see many fender-benders and road rage incidents in its future.

I'm terrified for what will happen at that intersection right inside WW at the cross with WW Parkway and the entrance to the shopping center. There is an awful accident there no less than twice a week bc of idiots trying to beat the traffic entering WW Blvd from Northbound 235. Or crossing from WW Parkway onto WW Blvd. That blind corner covered in bushes is the worst. Once that new plaza opens up, I hate to think what'll happen to the traffic in the WW plaza. They will HAVE to put up another light and sync it with the first light.

glhs837

Power with Control
I guess you have not been in that dump you are defending lately "Crash"? The county has nothing to do with that. Its the owners of the theater. Or like Esperanza Lanes the owner is at fault. Or the mysterious burning down of the original theater and Skipjack Inn. The owners could also do their part and improve the looks and insides of their facilities. But do they? No. They think the county or state or the Fed should bail them out. Sorry that theater is dead as well as that lame bowling alley...Good riddance!

And where did that "grant money" come from? Are you saying SHA paid it via a grant, or they received money via a grant to fund it?

Was federal money, I know that, but cant tell if it was stimulus money or not.

SamSpade

I'm terrified for what will happen at that intersection right inside WW at the cross with WW Parkway and the entrance to the shopping center. There is an awful accident there no less than twice a week bc of idiots trying to beat the traffic entering WW Blvd from Northbound 235. Or crossing from WW Parkway onto WW Blvd. That blind corner covered in bushes is the worst. Once that new plaza opens up, I hate to think what'll happen to the traffic in the WW plaza. They will HAVE to put up another light and sync it with the first light.

The layout of Lexington Exchange looks as though they could put another light by Lenny's and across from the CiP.
I can't imagine the traffic in and out having to deal with trucks leaving the gravel pit.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The layout of Lexington Exchange looks as though they could put another light by Lenny's and across from the CiP.
I can't imagine the traffic in and out having to deal with trucks leaving the gravel pit.

I can't imagine that another light would be put in at Lenny's/CIP with the light right there at Mervell Dean/Outback.