Anything New Going On Across From Wildwood?

why are you so angry? I live right there. I most certainly DO know what I'm talking about. :shrug:

When you turn into WW from 235 N, that's called WW Blvd. once you enter WW you have the option of turning Right into the shopping plaza, keep going straight further into WW, or left onto White oak parkway where the condos/townhouses/apartments are housed off of. People crossing back and forth over WW Blvd have to deal with the blind corner and traffic coming into WW. There is an accident right there, usually from people trying to exit the shopping plaza or exit from White Oak Parkway onto WW Blvd, EVERY other day. I was just commenting on how I dread to see what the increased traffic from the NEW shopping plaza will do to the already horrendous traffic going in and out of WW, particularly that intersection.

Will there be a new light there too? IDK I'm an artist, not an engineer :razz:

Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad, but I still don't understand your reference to WW Parkway in regards to the 235/WW/Shopping Center intersections. And a NEW light where? There's already a light at 235 and WW Blvd. and Lexington Exchange. Are you suggesting a light at the intersection of WW Blvd and the shopping center and White Oak Pkwy? And yes, I do know WW very well, having lived here 16 years.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had to send a customer to the Waldorf HD a couple weeks ago to get a $600 corner shower booth that we no longer carry (not even special order), but HD has it.

mamatutu

mama to two
I had to send a customer to the Waldorf HD a couple weeks ago to get a $600 corner shower booth that we no longer carry (not even special order), but HD has it.

Hey, spr! :howdy: We have to replace our corner shower, but have been putting it off. Thanks for the info. I haven't mentioned this in a long time, but how is your novel going? :smile:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad, but I still don't understand your reference to WW Parkway in regards to the 235/WW/Shopping Center intersections. And a NEW light where? There's already a light at 235 and WW Blvd. and Lexington Exchange. Are you suggesting a light at the intersection of WW Blvd and the shopping center and White Oak Pkwy? And yes, I do know WW very well, having lived here 16 years.

Dude, I'm not making any suggestions! I'm far from qualified although my first suggestion is taking out all those bushes in the center median since the blind corner contributes. I'm simply commenting on the awfulness that is that intersection of the shopping center, White Oak Parkway and WW blvd. Once Lexington Exchange opens up I can only imagine more traffic contributing to more accidents there. Not talking about WW Parkway...sorry in my first post I think I said WW pkwy instead of WO pkwy but I'd clearly described the intersection I was referring to.

I walk my dog to this corner every day. The number of accidents there is crazy. That is all.

bilbur

Dude, I'm not making any suggestions! I'm far from qualified although my first suggestion is taking out all those bushes in the center median since the blind corner contributes. I'm simply commenting on the awfulness that is that intersection of the shopping center, White Oak Parkway and WW blvd. Once Lexington Exchange opens up I can only imagine more traffic contributing to more accidents there. Not talking about WW Parkway...sorry in my first post I think I said WW pkwy instead of WO pkwy but I'd clearly described the intersection I was referring to.

I walk my dog to this corner every day. The number of accidents there is crazy. That is all.

I know what you are talking about. There were 2 accidents there last week a day apart. It just isn't a well designed intersection and the people coming out of WW shopping center are constantly going past the point where they are supposed to stop and partially blocking the right lane for the ones that want to go past that turn. I take the turn on WO but I have seen many near misses. I don't know what the solution is but with the increased traffic something should be done before too many cars get crunched.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I know what you are talking about. There were 2 accidents there last week a day apart. It just isn't a well designed intersection and the people coming out of WW shopping center are constantly going past the point where they are supposed to stop and partially blocking the right lane for the ones that want to go past that turn. I take the turn on WO but I have seen many near misses. I don't know what the solution is but with the increased traffic something should be done before too many cars get crunched.

I saw both of those too :ohwell: Then the next day as I'm turning onto WO from WW blvd/235, someone was just sitting in the middle, as she'd just left the shopping plaza, waiting to turn left onto the BLVD to continue to the light...blocking BOTH directions and my turn lane. I laid on my horn until she moved. There is no extra space to hang out there until you can pass through like the medians on 235. You're another accident waiting to happen.

glhs837

Power with Control
Simple, prohibit left turns out of the shopping center onto Wildwood Blvd and lefts out of White Oak. It's the crossing the streams that gets ya. If you need to go deeper in WW from white Oak, do to it's other end. If you need 235 from the shopping center, leave from one of the other exits.

(thank you holiday inn express)

merc669

Thats like those that decide to go to the Post Office out Gate 2 and make a left in the left lane. Especially at rush hour. They need to make that a no-no or make that center lane a left or right turn depending upon which direction you are coming from on GMR and keep the lanes open. Too many roads in this county just not well thought out and make no sense. You wonder who is on the planning board...

bilbur

Simple, prohibit left turns out of the shopping center onto Wildwood Blvd and lefts out of White Oak. It's the crossing the streams that gets ya. If you need to go deeper in WW from white Oak, do to it's other end. If you need 235 from the shopping center, leave from one of the other exits.

I would be good with that solution. The way it is now there is too much traffic during rush hour for people to safely get across from the shopping center. They could always put up a sign prohibiting people from crossing there during certain times but the only ones that would pay attention to those signs are the ones that already wait for a safe time to cross. There is one of those signs at the second entrance/exit to the IPT and almost every day I see someone trying to force their way across the road during rush-hour. If there is a way for some people to save 30 seconds while endangering everyone else there are people that will exploit it.

glhs837

Power with Control
I would be good with that solution. The way it is now there is too much traffic during rush hour for people to safely get across from the shopping center. They could always put up a sign prohibiting people from crossing there during certain times but the only ones that would pay attention to those signs are the ones that already wait for a safe time to cross. There is one of those signs at the second entrance/exit to the IPT and almost every day I see someone trying to force their way across the road during rush-hour. If there is a way for some people to save 30 seconds while endangering everyone else there are people that will exploit it.

Yes, has to be a physical barrier, like those stand up sticks that emergency vehicles can drive over at need. like you see at St Georges Hundred on Chancellors. I would use the crap out of those at quite a few places in the county.

http://www.trafficwks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=26

Stand Up Sticks

Yes, has to be a physical barrier, like those stand up sticks that emergency vehicles can drive over at need. like you see at St Georges Hundred on Chancellors. I would use the crap out of those at quite a few places in the county.

http://www.trafficwks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=26

Noticed at the transfer station in California that they removed those sticks from where you back up to dump your trash. Didn't understand why they had them in the first place since they have concrete curbing there.

Last edited:
Ok, gotcha' ya'! I just couldn't figure out the WW Pkwy thingy! And yes, I agree with most everyone on here about the WW entrance off the Blvd. And, as big of a mess it is now, wait until the business starts flowing out of Lexington Exchange. People wanting to go down St. Andrews, will probably come straight across 235 and turn onto White Oak or go down to the WW Pkwy intersection and make a left. And the sad part of all of this is that not once have I seen anything from our Planning Commission on how they intend to control traffic. WW Pkwy and WW Blvd was never intended to be public through roads. They were not designed for it and cannot continue to accept more and more traffic. If there are enough people in WW, no matter where they live, who are willing to get together and put our concerns on paper and present them to the Planning Commission and County Commissioners, I'm all for it. Like I said before, the county will do nothing to address the issue until WE voice our concerns. Hell, getting together to put our concerns on paper, or just requesting time before a Planning Commission meeting, or public time before the county commissioners, might be even better. All we would need would be 8-10 to show up and voice our concerns. I'd even be willing to get us on their agenda. Maybe some of the folks on here who also have concerns about this would be willing to be part of the solution.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA

It's not just left turns, going straight and even right turns. Between the curve in WW BLVD and the trees and shrubs there is almost no visibility of the traffic on WW BLVD, particularly the traffic coming in from 235.
But I don't really see how the traffic on that side of 235 will be affected by Lexington Exchange. The biggest problem there will be the trucks exiting the cement plant. That road will more than likely have a curve that will leave a blind spot. If we don't have a poorly designed intersection, we make the builders plant vegetation that creates a wall.

glhs837

Power with Control
Noticed at the transfer station in California that they removed those sticks from where you back up to dump your trash. Didn't understand why they had them in the first place since they have concrete curbing there.

I think because seeing the curbing as you back up isn't easy, maybe they had folks jumping the curb things.

It's not just left turns, going straight and even right turns. Between the curve in WW BLVD and the trees and shrubs there is almost no visibility of the traffic on WW BLVD, particularly the traffic coming in from 235.
But I don't really see how the traffic on that side of 235 will be affected by Lexington Exchange. The biggest problem there will be the trucks exiting the cement plant. That road will more than likely have a curve that will leave a blind spot. If we don't have a poorly designed intersection, we make the builders plant vegetation that creates a wall.

I agree, visibility sucks, common theme these days is to have shrubberies where they should not be. Plant freakin low crap, idiots. But, even so, pulling out to go right is far less of an issue than crossing or going left. And crashes when they happen are less dangerous, with less damage. T-bones are for steaks, not for traffic.......

CrashTest

I think because seeing the curbing as you back up isn't easy, maybe they had folks jumping the curb things.

I agree, visibility sucks, common theme these days is to have shrubberies where they should not be. Plant freakin low crap, idiots. But, even so, pulling out to go right is far less of an issue than crossing or going left. And crashes when they happen are less dangerous, with less damage. T-bones are for steaks, not for traffic.......

Same thing with that exit coming out of Lowes where cars are hiding behind the bushes.

Brainiacs hard at work.

OldHillcrestGuy

Here's a thought, I don't know just how much of that land belongs to Lexington Exchange, but it doesnt seem that its that far from Route 4, think they have enough property or money to buy out some of the property owners to get access to Rt. 4 and make and exit onto Rt.4? Just a thought.

blacklabman

Here's a thought, I don't know just how much of that land belongs to Lexington Exchange, but it doesnt seem that its that far from Route 4, think they have enough property or money to buy out some of the property owners to get access to Rt. 4 and make and exit onto Rt.4? Just a thought.

Oh, wow! Could have it meet Rte 4 across from Oak Drive and an excuse for another traffic light.