Apollo may have liver cancer....or maybe not

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Recovering back so quick, sounds like he may have eaten something they gave him trouble. Is it possible he may have gotten into some thing in the household, or something in the yard? In either event glad he’s doing better.
We did the backtracking of what he could have potentially eaten. Nothing comes to mind. That doesn't mean he didn't find some toxic morsel on 1 of his walks.

His food intake is being closely monitored now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Recovering back so quick, sounds like he may have eaten something they gave him trouble. Is it possible he may have gotten into some thing in the household, or something in the yard? In either event glad he’s doing better.

That's what I thought, but then the "vet" came back with all this dire stuff. It seemed like more than just eating stuff he finds because he's done that before and it's normally a 24 hour tummy ache resulting in disgusting poopage. We're pretty diligent about keeping the house dog proofed and not letting him get too interested in anything outside, but stuff happens.

My friend said she'd pray for him, so maybe that's what did the trick. :sshrug: (And if she has the hotline to God, I have a few requests....)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you hear anything, can you please share?

Will do!

My first thought was, "Hey! This can be my scam! Tell the rubes I have a hotline to God and for the low low price of $499.99 I can put in a prayer request for them!" Unfortunately I have this conscience thing that precludes me from taking advantage of folks who are already having a tough time.

black dog

Free America
Will do!

My first thought was, "Hey! This can be my scam! Tell the rubes I have a hotline to God and for the low low price of $499.99 I can put in a prayer request for them!" Unfortunately I have this conscience thing that precludes me from taking advantage of folks who are already having a tough time.

So I shouldn't be sending Peter Popoff anymore money for packages of his Miracle Spring Water???

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We did the backtracking of what he could have potentially eaten. Nothing comes to mind. That doesn't mean he didn't find some toxic morsel on 1 of his walks.

His food intake is being closely monitored now.
Watch out for those damn gargantuan "palmetto bugs"!!! :jameo:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Was the dog just being kept alive or was she able to resume her normal life, give or take? Because if Apollo can resume his life for the most part I'm happy to make his food and do what needs to be done. But if he's just going to be kept alive - what others said, that's more for me than him and it's not fair.

The dog has resumed normal life. I mean she is an old dog, so she has creaky bones and such, but she still goes out and swims in the pool and lounges around the house like any normal dog.

luvmygdaughters

Sure hope Apollo is feeling better. My granddog, Mr. King, had bouts of pancreatitis which caused the same symptoms. My daughter would take him to the vet each time, at $500.00 a pop. She started making him chicken and rice when he had these bouts and really seemed to help him.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sure hope Apollo is feeling better. My granddog, Mr. King, had bouts of pancreatitis which caused the same symptoms. My daughter would take him to the vet each time, at $500.00 a pop. She started making him chicken and rice when he had these bouts and really seemed to help him.
I think that's one of the first things vets learn in school. Got gastrointestinal problems? Start a ground chicken/turkey & rice diet.

black dog

Free America
In hindsight, this would have been the wrong thing to do. He's fine now. But honestly, he didn't look good there for a while. I'm glad he got a stay. Amazing when you compare then to now.

Sure its a good thing he farted and got better, but the reality is most pet owners wait WAY to long in the ageing process to send their pet to Neverland Ranch. Hes a lucky dog.
He should properly be renamed "Reprived" or LIABD'S
Lucky
I
Ain't
Black
Dogs

Or be made a Kentucky Colonel.