appendixqh ...and other horsey newbys

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Katie said:
I remember falling off as a teenager and not hurting to bad the next day.

Now if I fall. Um..huge bruises, and I am in pain for a few days.

I agree the ground did get harder!

I hear ya! Used to be ya fall off and get back on...now its fall off...uh, I'll get back on next week when the swelling is gone!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
I went trail riding with Leslie about a year and a half ago with a friend of hers. I wonder if any of you were who I went riding with? Does anyone know Leslie? She moved in December to Texas. The lady we rode with worked at a car dealership. My memory is not so good. She was the barn manager for a barn off of Rt5. Are any of you her?

Sara...twobays on here...I have known her for YEARS..Great person

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Sara...twobays on here...I have known her for YEARS..Great person

I hear ya...she was awesome! She used to test ride horses for me and work through any kinks...I can't find anyone to come and get on them for me like her! I am too chicken :doh: to hop on my green broodmares once they have taken a year off to foal.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Appendex can you ride tomorrow at the Lake??

I'd love to, but I told one of my novice youths that I would take her to the FI show to do some of the walk trot classes.

barncat

appendixqh said:
I hear ya...she was awesome! She used to test ride horses for me and work through any kinks...I can't find anyone to come and get on them for me like her! I am too chicken :doh: to hop on my green broodmares once they have taken a year off to foal.

Where are you located? I did a few that had several years off and they came back fine, just a few funny antics the first few days. I'm brave and looking to get back in the saddle after having my own baby :lol:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
I'd love to, but I told one of my novice youths that I would take her to the FI show to do some of the walk trot classes.

I forgot about the shows...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appendixqh said:
Good mornin'!

Yes, I have a mare I am selling that is a trail queen, and I have another gelding as a back up. Also, in about a month I will have my 2yr old back and will need to get him out on a few trails. :howdy: Nothing breaks the monotony of training like a good trail ride.

I aint no snowy river guru, about 5 years ago I realized, it hurts to fall off these days...somehow the ground got harder! :lmao:
Contact Total Control she's looking for a new trail horse.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appendixqh said:
I know somebody who will do that. He's pricey but hey, i figure paying him 150.00 to hop on a new greenie is well worth the money. :lol: PM me if you want his info.

A YEAR off to foal?? I ride em till their girth doesn't fit any more and people notice she's chubby :lol: it's good for them!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
I know somebody who will do that. He's pricey but hey, i figure paying him 150.00 to hop on a new greenie is well worth the money. :lol: PM me if you want his info.

A YEAR off to foal?? I ride em till their girth doesn't fit any more and people notice she's chubby :lol: it's good for them!

Condesa was off nearly a year (when she had JR) because I had other trail horses..I pulled her out last week after a year and took her out on a 3 hr trail and had a ball on her...year is nothing they if broke well should remember everything..

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Condesa was off nearly a year (when she had JR) because I had other trail horses..I pulled her out last week after a year and took her out on a 3 hr trail and had a ball on her...year is nothing they if broke well should remember everything..

I think the "Broke well" is the issue :whip: She was just green broke, and I just turn them out once they are bred so I can mess with the babies. I have a friend that rides and shows one in foal every summer...the mare is awesome. She won 2 or 3 youth championships this last year.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
I think the "Broke well" is the issue :whip: She was just green broke, and I just turn them out once they are bred so I can mess with the babies. I have a friend that rides and shows one in foal every summer...the mare is awesome. She won 2 or 3 youth championships this last year.

When I was showing apps my broodmares where my showhorses..I put a ton of points on those mares..

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
happyappygirl said:
Contact Total Control she's looking for a new trail horse.

Thanks! :notworthy I'll see if I can find her. It is a really sweet mare, to small for me to justify keeping. :bawl:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
appendixqh said:
Thanks! :notworthy I'll see if I can find her. It is a really sweet mare, to small for me to justify keeping. :bawl:
how much r u asking for her? My horse is not a trail horse, well she used to be but now she just "dances" during the whole trail and spooks at any thing... though she wins blue ribbons at shows in trail classes,lol.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
When I was showing apps my broodmares where my showhorses..I put a ton of points on those mares..

Once I have my first good appendix mare rolling, she will have to do the same for me. This breeding stuff takes a LONG time...I have 3 years into it and the first gelding is just being broke as a new 2yr old. I had to start with mares that were either TB, or not service-able for riding but broodmare sound. I am just now ready to sell off 1 or two of the TB mares and keeping their babies to promote and replace them. It has been so much fun...and a lot of work! :dance:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
flarenuphope said:
how much r u asking for her? My horse is not a trail horse, well she used to be but now she just "dances" during the whole trail and spooks at any thing... though she wins blue ribbons at shows in trail classes,lol.

Thats funny! I'll send you a PM...

K

Katie

appendixqh said:

I will be riding Belle (customer's horse) tomorrow in a few of the classes, and than *maybe* riding my boy in the afternoon.

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:

Yea and you tighten it down and ended up being a lake lawn dart..... :lmao: :killingme :jameo: :huggy:

GallopNTec

appendixqh said:
:howdy:
I'll have 2 riders in the WT , too- hope we can chat in person.

2baymares

Sadielady said:
I went trail riding with Leslie about a year and a half ago with a friend of hers. I wonder if any of you were who I went riding with? Does anyone know Leslie? She moved in December to Texas. The lady we rode with worked at a car dealership. My memory is not so good. She was the barn manager for a barn off of Rt5. Are any of you her?

:howdy: I think you are looking for me. I did alot of riding with Leslie. Which ride where you on? What Horses? ect. Leslie and I rode alot. She was alot of fun and I'm sad she moved.