Are Catholic Beliefs and Practices Biblical?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So you put no weight into "Revelations"?
By Revelations, do you mean God speaking to me? If so, then yes but I'm saying that they're not future revelations, just present day ones. I figure out what's gonna happen by observing what's happening right now and comparing it to what the Bible says. It's easy enough to do...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
By Revelations, do you mean God speaking to me?
Revelations (capital R), as in the Bible prophesies. Are they okay to believe in because they're not yours, but the Bible's?

I figure out what's gonna happen by observing what's happening right now and comparing it to what the Bible says. It's easy enough to do...
It is easy because the Bible does not predict anything difficult; plagues and wars and power struggles. What if something happens but you don't see it in the Bible? Does that mean the event is not important?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Revelations (capital R), as in the Bible prophesies. Are they okay to believe in because they're not yours, but the Bible's? It is easy because the Bible does not predict anything difficult; plagues and wars and power struggles. What if something happens but you don't see it in the Bible? Does that mean the event is not important?
Oh a wise guy? :smack: Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... Of course they're ok to believe in because they're not mine; I don't make this stuff up. A lot (not all) of Revelation is about future events and is written in non-specific language. Once time passes and we get closer to the end times, they become more clear to us (Like muslims being the end times, one world religion that beheads people for not following their beliefs: Rev 13).

A lot of things happen that we don't see in the Bible but can still be important to the end time events...