Are flowers "out"?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Its after high noon and no flowers in our building. There are 3 affianced, one newlywed, and one with child but none received flowers. They are all 5 mildly irate/anxious. Is sending flowers to the office "out" now?

Tina2001aniT

bresamil said:
Its after high noon and no flowers in our building. There are 3 affianced, one newlywed, and one with child but none received flowers. They are all 5 mildly irate/anxious. Is sending flowers to the office "out" now?
If so, my b/f must not have gotten that memo.......I gots mine :love:

bresamil said:
The newlywed probably won't get any, they are now married

The 3 affianced should, not married yet, still have to romance them.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
teverheart2002 said:
I wouldn't get irrate until closer to 4. Flower shops are more than likely running later today than normal.
I will have to remind them of that. There is a great deal of grumbling going on around here. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bresamil said:

I wonder if they sent flowers to anyone.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
elaine said:
I wonder if they sent flowers to anyone.
Every one of them either sent something or "packed" something for their SO. I figure the guys will hit up the roadside stands for flowers on the way home with a "I wanted to see your face when you got them" comment.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I got my card from my Leetle Valentine last night and she was tickled with hers this morning that I delivered to her in bed.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
RoseRed said:
I got my card from my Leetle Valentine last night and she was tickled with hers this morning that I delivered to her in bed.
Aww. My little one made me a card also. And I always give each of them a trinket or candy.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bresamil said:
I figure the guys will hit up the roadside stands for flowers on the way home with a "I wanted to see your face when you got them" comment.

That works. :yay:

I find it amazing that women get steamed over such a trivial event as valentine's day. Hell, I can't even remember my anniversary unless someone reminds me.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
elaine said:

I find it amazing that women get steamed over such a trivial event as valentine's day. Hell, I can't even remember my anniversary unless someone reminds me.
I'm just happy my husband loves me even though I'm such a pain in the ass. :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I love flowers but hate getting them at work. V-day is really no biggie to me. I'd rather him be a good guy all year round then go all out on some day that means nothing personal in the relationship just because he feels obligated. Even though I like flowers I'd rather him take out the trash for a week without being told then buy me flowers.

One of the most endearing things done for me was being given a small potted plant (daisy) when I had a cruddy day at work.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
elaine said:

I'm wondering if there was a little bragging going on and each is hoping to outdo the other with what they receive.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I would like to get flowers and it doesn't even have to be on a special day. I have come to not expect any type of gift for any occassion from my husband. The only thing I look forward to are the things the kids make for me.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
Even though I like flowers I'd rather him take out the trash for a week without being told then buy me flowers.

One of the most endearing things done for me was being given a small potted plant (daisy) when I had a cruddy day at work.
I feel the same way. I'm not going to turn down V'day flowers, but it means a lot to me on a regular day when C_Jo gets home from work, picks flowers out of our garden, puts them in a little vase, and leaves them on my nightstand just because he wants to see me smile. :smile:

morganj614

K_Jo said:
I feel the same way. I'm not going to turn down V'day flowers, but it means a lot to me on a regular day when C_Jo gets home from work, picks flowers out of our garden, puts them in a little vase, and leaves them on my nightstand just because he wants to see me smile. :smile:

He wants more than a smile :flowers: