Are You A Veteran?

Are you a military veteran?

• Total voters
E

EmptyTimCup

I was a Scout, served in Recon Platoons, and Armored Cav Platoons and yet I was one of the VERY few in my MOS that never made it to Korea.. It was almost career progression to get your Imjim Scout badge/ qual before making it to the senior NCO ranks.

Never made it to Korea, nor the National Training Center, Ft Irwin.

Spent almost all of my time in Germany.

Imjim Scout

lucky bastard :buddies:

In 2.5 yrs @ Ft Carson, I rotated to Ft Irwin 4 times for training :faint:

although I heard Reforger wasa major pain in the ass ..... i managed to avoid Team Spirit 88 during my time in Korea ... of course it meant we had to hold down the Camp so to speak, and got to mow grass everywhere :popcorn:

getting to drive many places through little farming communities .... stopping for a cold coke @ a local store while on maneuvers .... very different from stateside training stuck on post all the time

:dye:

Last edited by a moderator:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
You mean it gave you the "Singapore Slings"

Every San Miguel did that to me. But I was on a mission, I did not let that deter me.

Call it whatever you want but severe dehydration really sucks. What made it worse was we went out to sea the next day, I was still sick and we lost an aircraft during night ops so I had to squeeze really hard and fly to help search for the aircrew that we lost at sea.

RIP Capt's Travis and Vidusek.

muttdog

:fixed: ( no "i" )

:high5:, brother

1983-1990 Aviation Ordnance (6531) FA-18
VFA-125 Rough Raiders NAS LeMoore, Ca
VFMA-122 Crusaders MCAS Beaufort, SC (WestPAC in '90)

Oh yeah and thanks to all of you who have served and specially to those currently serving. :patriot:

Spent 3 months there in 88, almost every weekend was spent at hilton head.:buddies:

Last edited:

DosGattos

Army brat-both parents
USMC-2002-2007-VMA 513 Yuma Arizona Harrier Avionics
Two trips to Iraq. Not much different after being in Yuma for almost 6 years!
Currently USMC IRR
Hubby-USMC-2004-Current Aviation Ordnance FA-18 out of PAX

Semper Fi to all the Marines out there!