Around the Wylie light?

glhs837

Power with Control
Along with no common sense driving, such as people forcing there way in traffic at a U-turn while traffic is practically at a stand still, and very nice drivers make room for them, but I saw the driver making the U turn at Navy Fed drive straight across all four lanes into the car dealer ship across the street, while a car traveling in the right turn lane almost nailed him because he did not see him, WTF.

The traffic exiting Navy Federal straight across to illegally enter that U-turn and the people going from Wawa across three lanes to take the left on Buck Hewitt are the two most dangerous groups n that stretch of 235, IMHO. Followed very closely by the traffic exiting the church to the south wanting to go north.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The traffic exiting Navy Federal straight across to illegally enter that U-turn and the people going from Wawa across three lanes to take the left on Buck Hewitt are the two most dangerous groups n that stretch of 235, IMHO. Followed very closely by the traffic exiting the church to the south wanting to go north.

If I need to make a u-turn from NFCU, I exit out by BWW and then proceed to the turn lane.

People that insist on holding up the WaWa exit traffic in order to make the u-turn during rush hour/lunch traffic bugs the crap out of me. Just go to the next effing light and wait your turn.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I need to make a u-turn from NFCU, I exit out by BWW and then proceed to the turn lane.

People that insist on holding up the WaWa exit traffic in order to make the u-turn during rush hour/lunch traffic bugs the crap out of me. Just go to the next effing light and wait your turn.

Me, I just head down to the turnaround at the moving company.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We used to have what I call 'feeder roads' into shopping malls, or stretches of retail/food establishments; you gracefully exited onto the feeder road & there was no way to merge back onto the main drag/highway. You did your business, got back onto the feeder road & went to the next intersection where you either merged back into traffic or went through a controlled light. Kind of like all the turn lanes here, but more controlled. *This was in Virginia Beach.*

If it really bugs the crap out of you, why don't YOU take the exit on Rue Purchase to go north? Got a problem with the traffic patterns? Blame this great state of Maryland, not the drivers who are not breaking any laws trying to get to their destination.

glhs837

Power with Control
If it really bugs the crap out of you, why don't YOU take the exit on Rue Purchase to go north? Got a problem with the traffic patterns? Blame this great state of Maryland, not the drivers who are not breaking any laws trying to get to their destination.

That's what I do, however, the point is valid. That whole stretch is rife with a lot of stupid design choices that almost seem intended to tempt drivers into stupid choices. Like a ledge in a video game that's almost in reach, tempting the player to try again and again, these places on the 235 are like bait to drivers. And we continue to pay a price. Matter of fact, looking over it on Maps, the one exit from WaWa in question should not even exist. Not even enough room to get up to speed before it turns into right turn only.

Google Maps

Seal it off.

And this U-turn should have a barrier to prevent folks from exiting NavFed from crossing straight over to it......

Google Maps

bohman

That's what I do, however, the point is valid. That whole stretch is rife with a lot of stupid design choices that almost seem intended to tempt drivers into stupid choices. Like a ledge in a video game that's almost in reach, tempting the player to try again and again, these places on the 235 are like bait to drivers. And we continue to pay a price. Matter of fact, looking over it on Maps, the one exit from WaWa in question should not even exist. Not even enough room to get up to speed before it turns into right turn only.

Google Maps

Seal it off.

And this U-turn should have a barrier to prevent folks from exiting NavFed from crossing straight over to it......

Google Maps

Haven't I warned you before about using common sense and simple physics in discussions about traffic? Knock it off! :nono:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
As I recall you're only allowed a single lane change every hundred feet, this would be the equivilent of 4 consecutive lane changes.

glhs837

Power with Control
And of course, that doesnt cover the fact that being legally right doesn't mean you are not acting like an ass#$%. Look at the Westboro Baptist Church. Should we blame the courts for their behavior? Of course not, just because you have the legal right to act like an ass doesn't mean it's right to do so.

As I recall you're only allowed a single lane change every hundred feet, this would be the equivilent of 4 consecutive lane changes.

and you recall this from where? So, if I'm coming out of a single lane cross street, making a turn onto a 4 lane highway, you're trying to tell me I can't proceed to the far right hand lane?

It does if the government enables one to do so. You're logic sucks! We are talking about traffic, not the Westboro church. If a person is not breaking a law, but you don't like what they are doing, that person is an ass? You must be a real pleasure to be around!

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually, I think I am fun to be around, but I might be biased:killingme It's not about what I don't like, it's what almost everyone doesn't like. I think you will find that people generally agree that people who inconvenience others for their own convenience are looked upon as selfish asses. I used the WBC as an extreme example of legal but wrong. The government allows me to do many things legally that most people agree are not right.

If we as a society only use "What I can legally get away with" as the yardstick of proper interpersonal behavior, we have sort of lost our way, I think. There is a right and wrong way to treat others, above and beyond whats required by law. and sticking it to others just so you may shave a few seconds off your time in traffic isn't right, even if it is legal.

FED_UP

They are more important than you, just be patient.