Arrests at WalMart

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I don't think coming in now would give a good representation because of all the construction.

Stop on by in late April. I think the re-grand opening is Saturday April 26th.

The Shoppers in Waldorf was a complete dive, grubby and full of unsavory people. Of course, that also describes Waldorf in general! :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The Shoppers in Waldorf was a complete dive, grubby and full of unsavory people. Of course, that also describes Waldorf in general! :lol:
I've been there and didn't enjoy it at all. You're right though, it's a good representation of Waldorf.

basher

LEET
I used to hate Shoppers. Back then we had to pay 2 cents for each grocery bag and had to bag the stuff ourselves.....I was like wtf kind of grocery store is this?? I had to bag all the food for my mom and she'd be screaming at me because I just threw everything into the bags without sorting them.....I was only 9 or 10.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I want Buddy Lee to send me a map of the new layout. I walked in the other day, looked around for about a minute, and walked out. WTF do grocery stores feel the need to re-arrange every few years?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I want Buddy Lee to send me a map of the new layout. I walked in the other day, looked around for about a minute, and walked out. WTF do grocery stores feel the need to re-arrange every few years?

I learned about this a few years ago: Retail stores periodically re-arrange where items are displayed, because many shoppers are attuned to where those items are normally found. If you're shopping for one or two particular items, you know where to look for them - which aisle, etc., and you'll go get them, check out and leave.

However, if you have to look in other aisles for those same items, something else along that aisle just might catch your eye, and you might be tempted to purchase an item you really had no intention of buying!

dn0121

I do like shoppers as the best grocery store in the area, until the walmart was remodeled I never went in there. We went for the $4 prescriptions (it was for our dog so no insurance.)

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I don't get it, why are people so dumb?
Society rewards stupidity. The person caught stealing will be fed clothed and housed. If store security Nazis just took them out back and administered an azz whooping they wouldn't come back.
I worked for Sears in Atlanta and one day a guy was caught walking out with a couple of canoe paddles. When they checked his car there was a stolen canoe on the roof :lol:

Everything is in place now. There will only be minor changes now.
I had to ask somebody where the bread was hidden yesterday :bawl:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Last Fri, a guy came up to the parts counter where I work, and requested his money back for an item he said he purchased "4 or 5 days ago". He said he had lost his receipt in the store somewhere, upon returning that Fri. morning as well.

I searched the 7 aisles we have in our store, and could not find his receipt.

Curious, I then checked the computer for that particular item, and found it had not been sold since 12/22/07.

Furthermore, storestock numbers indicated there were 3 of those particular items on hand - 2 on the shelf - and the one he was "trying to return"!

:smack:

CraneTaker77

the walmart down in lexington park aint too bad. but i don't particulary(sp) like the small fishing section. not alot to choose from like in the laplata walmart. the store in lexington park is also very conjested and busy.

bohman

If store security Nazis just took them out back and administered an azz whooping they wouldn't come back.

Sometimes that happens in addition to the arrest, if the perp tries to run away from the store security. :yay:

I worked for Sears in Atlanta and one day a guy was caught walking out with a couple of canoe paddles. When they checked his car there was a stolen canoe on the roof :lol:

:lmao: Gotta give him credit for trying. To quote a friend, "If you're going to risk getting caught stealing, don't get caught stealing the ground chuck. At least grab the filet mignon."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:lmao: Gotta give him credit for trying. To quote a friend, "If you're going to risk getting caught stealing, don't get caught stealing the ground chuck. At least grab the filet mignon."

That's what I didn't understand. The canoe was several hundred dollras and the paddles were about $10 each. Should have quit while he was a head.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I used to hate Shoppers. Back then we had to pay 2 cents for each grocery bag and had to bag the stuff ourselves.....I was like wtf kind of grocery store is this?? I had to bag all the food for my mom and she'd be screaming at me because I just threw everything into the bags without sorting them.....I was only 9 or 10.
I remember that...many years ago now. I thought it was cheap.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I learned about this a few years ago: Retail stores periodically re-arrange where items are displayed, because many shoppers are attuned to where those items are normally found. If you're shopping for one or two particular items, you know where to look for them - which aisle, etc., and you'll go get them, check out and leave.

However, if you have to look in other aisles for those same items, something else along that aisle just might catch your eye, and you might be tempted to purchase an item you really had no intention of buying!
That is exactly it Penn and it works. We have thousands of new items in the store now and more coming in.

I remember when our family had an antique shop in Leonardtown. We'd have a particular piece of furniture sit in one spot for a year. When we decided to move it five feet it would sell the next day.:lmao: This happened an innumerable amount of times.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
That is exactly it Penn and it works. We have thousands of new items in the store now and more coming in.

I remember when our family had an antique shop in Leonardtown. We'd have a particular piece of furniture sit in one spot for a year. When we decided to move it five feet it would sell the next day.:lmao: This happened an innumerable amount of times.

Will there be maps available?

BuddyLee

Football addict
I had to ask somebody where the bread was hidden yesterday :bawl:
Down aisle 6 now.:yay:

They're also putting a dairy case on the end cap of aisle 5. It will be filled with milk and eggs for those people who don't feel like running all the way to the dairy department.