Arrests at WalMart

BuddyLee

Football addict
Will there be maps available?
Not sure about maps but I'll bring it up to the managers.:wink: Good idea.

I know they have papers throughout the store, which show what items are where.

Example:

Aisle 6
Bread
Cereal
Fruit snacks

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Not sure about maps but I'll bring it up to the managers.:wink: Good idea.

I know they have papers throughout the store, which show what items are where.

Example:

Aisle 6
Bread
Cereal
Fruit snacks

That works. Giant did that when they re-arranged. They had a directory affixed to the carts for a while. I still don't know where they put everything though. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
That works. Giant did that when they re-arranged. They had a directory affixed to the carts for a while. I still don't know where they put everything though. :lol:
I think it would be great to have both maps and a directory. I'll either get them to do it or I'll make one myself.:lol:

T

The Showstopper

i had to merchandise the walmart over the weekend, and all kinds of people were getting mad at me because i was in there way... yet the product they wanted was out of stock, and i was going to fill it..... instead i dropped the pallet, worked on something else, then went back to what i was doing... just out of spite.. and because i cant stand walmart to begin with... every time they send me there i die a little inside

MMDad

Lem Putt
i had to merchandise the walmart over the weekend, and all kinds of people were getting mad at me because i was in there way... yet the product they wanted was out of stock, and i was going to fill it..... instead i dropped the pallet, worked on something else, then went back to what i was doing... just out of spite.. and because i cant stand walmart to begin with... every time they send me there i die a little inside

It's a good thing you chose that job, since you are such a people person.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Furthermore, storestock numbers indicated there were 3 of those particular items on hand - 2 on the shelf - and the one he was "trying to return"!

:lol: some friends from back in the day, would hit a grocery store on Saturday morning and grab a case of Michelob. They'd walk up front and come up behind a clerk and tell a story about somebody giving them the case of beer (birthday, funeral, wedding. etc) and could they please trade it in for a case of Bud.
Clerk says no and they walk out with the Michelob but most times they'd say Np problem just bring it back through the line so I can give you the price difference in cash :faint:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:lol: some friends from back in the day, would hit a grocery store on Saturday morning and grab a case of Michelob. They'd walk up front and come up behind a clerk and tell a story about somebody giving them the case of beer (birthday, funeral, wedding. etc) and could they please trade it in for a case of Bud.
Clerk says no and they walk out with the Michelob but most times they'd say Np problem just bring it back through the line so I can give you the price difference in cash :faint:

Yep, that's no joke! :lol:

I had heard about desparate/sneaky/low down types, who will try to pull that sort of ruse in a retail store, but I hadn't had the "luck" of someone trying to pull that sort of wool over my eyes before.

The item, a pipe flaring tool, was priced at $20.00, and I guess he needed the dough to buy some more beer or......?

Ladybug76

It's a good thing you chose that job, since you are such a people person.

:yeahthat: I'm assuming he's a vendor...The vendors that came to the store where I worked, always came early so that they would not have to deal with the crowds.

R

RadioPatrol

I used to hate Shoppers. Back then we had to pay 2 cents for each grocery bag and had to bag the stuff ourselves.....I was like wtf kind of grocery store is this?? I had to bag all the food for my mom and she'd be screaming at me because I just threw everything into the bags without sorting them.....I was only 9 or 10.

Dude ... those bags cost money ..........

bring your own or PAY

Aldies is the same way ... in a 5 mile radius Aldies, Bloom, Shoppers, Giant, Safeway .... the Mommy Unit doesn't go to Safeway Much ... too bloody expensive ....

R

RadioPatrol

Me too...

BL, when will ya'll run the New York Strip sale again....:drool:

Delmonico or Rib Eye ..... cut 1 1/2 to 2 inches

Delmonico steak (alternately steak Delmonico) refers to both a cut of beef and a presentation of steak dinner prepared from it, made world-famous by Delmonico's Restaurant in New York City during the mid 1800s[1].

There is controversy as to exactly which cut of steak was originally used by Delmonico's Restaurant[2]. There are at least eight different cuts which are claimed to be the original for the Delmonico Steak[1]. According to some sources, the original Delmonico steak was a boneless top sirloin, almost two inches thick with delicate marbling and cooked rare to well done (depending on the request of the diner)[1].

Delmonico's steak may now, in the 21st century, refer to other cuts, prepared differently in different parts of the USA. This wider variety of beef cuts may be broiled, fried, or grilled. Some of the steak cuts now commonly referred to as Delmonico steak include:

bone-in top loin steak
(a triangular-shaped, short loin cut, some suggesting the first cut of the top loin next to the rib end) also known as a club steak, country club steak, shell steak, and strip loin steak;
A boneless rib-eye steak
A Delmonico cut rib-eye consists of two heart cuts of ribeye tied together with butcher's twine. It resembles a filet mignon in appearance, but because of the more marbled nature of a ribeye, is more moist. The modern rarity of the Delmonico cut of rib-eye may be due to fact that it renders the remaining pieces of ribeye unsaleable as anything but stewmeat, and the profit to be made from a pair of choice ribeyes is almost always more than that of a single Delmonico. A few sources describe the Delmonico cut of rib-eye differently as a bone-in cut.
A boneless top loin strip steak
(also known as a New York strip steak, Kansas City steak, strip loin, ambassador, boneless club, hotel or veiny steak)

In addition to the steak, the original meal also included a potato dish, known as Delmonico's potatoes, prepared by making a baked mashed potatoes-like dish topped with grated cheese and buttered breadcrumbs. The dish was then baked until golden brown and served steaming.