At this moment, I don't think my fury can be surpassed...

Shakezula

Insert Lame Innuendo Here
How can you call a KID stupid?
If they are 'mentally disabled and are in need of parental assistance' then how is calling them stupid going to help anything? It doesn't. Telling a kid they are being stupid does nothing but make them feel bad about themself and if they think that all their thoughts are stupid, they won't open up to you about anything.

I don't think it's the role of a parent to tell them WHAT to think.

I think parents should TEACH kids HOW to think!- for themselves! THAT is valuable! Not teach them to just blindly follow what ever anyone in authority tells them. That's the same as "Because I said so." That doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Christy
It's the role of a parent to tell them what to think and silence them when they are being moronicas.

Wrong. They should guide, not tell. But you're right, going ballistic isn't the answer

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Shakezula
Telling a kid they are being stupid does nothing but make them feel bad about themself and if they think that all their thoughts are stupid, they won't open up to you about anything.
Thank you, Oprah.

As it stands, I happen to have four - count 'em FOUR - very happy healthy intelligent children. In fact, #1 is in Baghdad helping retain your right to act like a tard in public.

So thanks for wanting to tell me how to parent, but I don't think I'll be needing your help. :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
But you're right, going ballistic isn't the answer
I agree. But it is up to the parent to correct any faulty logic or revisionist history a kid gets jammed in his brain.

Shakezula

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Thank you, Oprah.

...your right to act like a tard in public.

:bubble:

WHAT is with the name calling? And the ridiculous bubble face that means NOTHING? Enough already!
I get it!
You have nothing better to do than insult me because "I disagree with YOU, which makes ME the idiot."

I'll have some respect for anything you say when you post something intelligent and don't have to resort to name calling.

"Time for the grown ups to talk" indeed!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have nothing better to do than insult me because "I disagree with YOU, which makes ME the idiot."
I'm not insulting you because you disagree with me. I'm insulting you because you're an idiot. Again, don't act like one and I won't call you one.

Maybe if you'd pick up a newspaper or a history book, we could have a real discussion. As it stands, you're just spewing factually incorrect DU rhetoric and I have no intention of taking you seriously or giving you any credibility.

Shakezula

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm not insulting you because you disagree with me. I'm insulting you because you're an idiot. Again, don't act like one and I won't call you one.

Maybe if you'd pick up a newspaper or a history book, we could have a real discussion. As it stands, you're just spewing factually incorrect DU rhetoric and I have no intention of taking you seriously or giving you any credibility.

Quote me where I posted something that makes me an idiot.
And what did I say that is "factually incorrect"?

Must go home- can't wait to see this tomorrow, lol.

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin

Must go home- can't wait to see this tomorrow, lol.
you forgot the :burning: after the lol.. That is a standard response here...

and it's BLs tardemark...

lol:burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your first post set the tone and told me everything I need to know about you:

holy hell
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooo!!!

"GOD" FORBID we let KIDS come up with their OWN THOUGHTS!!

and then yell at them when they don't agree with us!!!

Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
I just figured I'd cut you off at the pass. If you need me to explain the obvious ignorance of that post, you're in bad shape indeed. But I will if you truly don't get it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by SmallTown
Wrong. They should guide, not tell. But you're right, going ballistic isn't the answer

Guide, tell, same difference. :shrug: Sugarcoat it all you want, but it's a parents responsibility to keep your kids idiot factor down.

Touchy feely parents who can't bear to tell their kid they're being stupid when they're being stupid merely create stupid adults who eventually wind up paying a shrink to tell them they aren't stupid, when they can't deal with the fact that the majority of the human race thinks they're stupid. :shrug:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Christy
Guide, tell, same difference. :shrug: Sugarcoat it all you want, but it's a parents responsibility to keep your kids idiot factor down.

What if the parent is an idiot and doesn't even realize it?

soul4sale

Re: Re: At this moment, I don't think my fury can be surpassed...

Originally posted by sleuth
:ohwell: Sounds like typical teenager idealism. She'll be liberal for awhile.

But then that won't be enough, and she'll go vegan and start wearing hemp shoes and growing leg hair and protesting public works projects that cross wetlands and...

OK, so it's just a theory.