Atlantic Broadband

CRHS89

Is there a list of canned responses for both customer service and techs from which to randomly choose? When the customer calls back a second time, after the first randomly chosen response didn't fix the issue, they randomly choose another response? That's sure what it seems like.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I actually had a second level tech come out to my house after my wife finally got through to a supervisor. This guy was an actual ABB employee and is a pole climber. He checked his equipment on the pole and told my wife there was nothing wrong with it. He said he was not supposed to go into homes, but after reviewing our history came inside and took measurements. Basically all he could come up with is "bad" connectors. After replacing all the connectors, we had Internet and phone back. He was concerned about the modem and told us if it starts causing the TV to become "blocky", to call the supervisor (we have his direct telephone number) and get another modem sent out.

If that is truely what was wrong, I guess what concerns me is these supposedly high quality compression connectors going bad within a year or two.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If that is truely what was wrong, I guess what concerns me is these supposedly high quality compression connectors going bad within a year or two.
After lots of testing and pole climbing, the two techs that ABB sent here eventually arrived at the "needs new connector at the modem" solution. They need to start using better connectors..LOL..that cable and connectors weren't more than a few years old.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, different tech just left. Checked at the box out front (entire roads cable is underground) and here at the modem. Said it's all fine, but he sees every other day some sort of surge. He didn't bother checking the with an ABB modem, he knows it's not that. Going to go make some calls and report back, says he knows for sure it's not us.