Aunt Jemima Aincha Momma!

Auntie Biache'

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently she's racist so Quaker is going with something more woke. May I suggest "Angela Davis" pancake syrup? The logo can be her killing a prison guard while a city burns in the background.

How do these cancel people not understand that Aunt Jemima was meant as a compliment, and a beloved figure? You're supposed to look at Aunt Jemima and think about a loving caregiver who makes you delicious pancakes, not be all pissed off.

Years ago the race hustlers bitched because she wore a do-rag, which was supposedly a symbol of.....something bad, I'm not sure what. Now black people routinely wear do-rags, so Aunt Jemima was just ahead of her time.

So, to recap, we cannot have black product symbols, but we cannot have white product symbols either because black people think they can't have it. We cannot have animals because that reminds black people of black people. We also cannot have symbols because they could be modified and used by a white supremacist group.

:crazy:

Reactions: BOP

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Apparently she's racist so Quaker is going with something more woke. May I suggest "Angela Davis" pancake syrup? The logo can be her killing a prison guard while a city burns in the background.

How do these cancel people not understand that Aunt Jemima was meant as a compliment, and a beloved figure? You're supposed to look at Aunt Jemima and think about a loving caregiver who makes you delicious pancakes, not be all pissed off.

Years ago the race hustlers bitched because she wore a do-rag, which was supposedly a symbol of.....something bad, I'm not sure what. Now black people routinely wear do-rags, so Aunt Jemima was just ahead of her time.

So, to recap, we cannot have black product symbols, but we cannot have white product symbols either because black people think they can't have it. We cannot have animals because that reminds black people of black people. We also cannot have symbols because they could be modified and used by a white supremacist group.

:crazy:
You also can't have a monument to the 54th because even though they were an all black unit they fought in the Civil War so they must be something we need to protest.

People are stupid.

Crabcatcher79

Aunt Jemima is a racist trope that has its basis in Minstrel shows along with the big nose and big lips stereotypes.

It's high time she was retired.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

PsyOps

Pixelated
How do these cancel people not understand that Aunt Jemima was meant as a compliment, and a beloved figure?

For the same reason they don't know the historical relevance of the statues they are destroying. They don't care. They only care about what they see that offends them and demand that thing be changed or destroyed. I can honestly see them trying to destroy the MLK Jr statue either because it's a black man carved into white stone, or they just see a black man being exploited in a statue, be damned the facts behind his history.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
For the same reason they don't know the historical relevance of the statues they are destroying. They don't care. They only care about what they see that offends them and demand that thing be changed or destroyed. I can honestly see them trying to destroy the MLK Jr statue either because it's a black man carved into white stone, or they just see a black man being exploited in a statue, be damned the facts behind his history.
"Ignorance is Strength"

ginwoman

This is so sad. She is a symbol of comfort and good pancakes. :(

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I wonder when this will be taken down? One of the few remaining ads in existence, on the side of a building in Miami. And removed from all
Coppertone sunscreen product packaging? What could image this represent? A topless prepubescent girl having a puppy pulling her bottoms off, (while walking on a beach printed on sunscreen products). Hummm? A white tan-lined little girl having her bottoms pulled down by a dark, blackish, dog?

Coppertone_sign_miami.jpg