awesome dressage video

SerenitStables

barncat said:
When I was competing my old man and he was a grade 3 lameness on one hock and I went ahead and had both hocks injected and did maintenance each month of Legends and Adequan. He would not eat the supplement - he's a super picky eater - so it was my only option. He did wonderful with this regimine, it was $$$, but well worth it to me.

He is def a picky eater!!! :smile: We'll see how he does when I get the new supplement in. It's supposed to taste like alfalfa. We'll see!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
barncat said:
she would yell and holler and bang on the stall door to get them to settle and I think that upset them more.

She also did the round pen stuff and I totally disagreed with a yearling cantering and galloping for extended periods on less than a 15 meter circle, I feel it is too hard on their legs.

Yep she upset them more...and no round penning like that for babies I agree.

Cowgirl

barncat said:
She also did the round pen stuff and I totally disagreed with a yearling cantering and galloping for extended periods on less than a 15 meter circle, I feel it is too hard on their legs.

I don't really like lunging or round penning for extended periods for any horse...

barncat

SerenitStables said:
He is def a picky eater!!! :smile: We'll see how he does when I get the new supplement in. It's supposed to taste like alfalfa. We'll see!

One year I spent $9 per bale on alfalfa/orchard grass mix and the terd wouldn't eat it. I've ordered his Legends shot, we'll try one and see what happens. He might need it every few moths but I think once the weather gets better he'll be fine. If he needs it, so be it, I'd rather spend the money and see him comfy.

barncat

Cowgirl said:
I don't really like lunging or round penning for extended periods for any horse...

If I do lunge I walk with them to keep the circle large b/c normally it's a young one that needs it and I hate having them on circles. Otherwise lunging stinks, I'd rather ride.

Cowgirl

barncat said:
If I do lunge I walk with them to keep the circle large b/c normally it's a young one that needs it and I hate having them on circles. Otherwise lunging stinks, I'd rather ride.

:yay: It's good exercise especially with sandy footing!! :lmao:

barncat

Cowgirl said:
:yay: It's good exercise especially with sandy footing!! :lmao:

Improves your coordination too when you run across a mound of a manure pile. :lmao:

Every have sand down your pants? I tumbled off of a horse and landed right in front of the guy and as he manuevered to avoinding running me over he kicked sand down my pants. Talk about uncomfortable....I finished the ride and then stripped in the wash stall to get the sand out.

Cowgirl

barncat said:
Improves your coordination too when you run across a mound of a manure pile. :lmao:

Every have sand down your pants? I tumbled off of a horse and landed right in front of the guy and as he manuevered to avoinding running me over he kicked sand down my pants. Talk about uncomfortable....I finished the ride and then stripped in the wash stall to get the sand out.

:jameo: No, never had sand down the pants, but once I did forget to change out of my not-so-covering undies...that was way uncomfortable! Probably felt like sand in the pants...