Bachelor Parties

dustin

UAIOE
elaine said:
Toxick, I understand what you're saying. The horror movie/murder thing didn't help your argument, though.
:yeahthat:

It's like me trying to compare God to a BMW....just doesnt work out dude...

But Toxic, I think I understand what you are trying to say. And I agree with you.

Toxick

Splat
Wow... I forgot about this thread... been so busy today. Anyway lemme pick up where I left off, if there's still any lingering interest in discussing this topic.

Nickel said:
That's a stupid analogy.

I agree that it's stupid. And apparently this comparison has irritated a great many people.

In my opinion, however, it's still not as stupid as the original premise of "If you can hire a stripper, why can't your fiancee BE a stripper?" Which implies a false double standard.

Nickel said:
That would be like saying "It's okay to have sex simulated on your lap, but it's not ok to go out and actually have sex with the stripper." Your analogy should read, in this context, "It's ok to watch horror movies, but not ok to go out and make them".

Perhaps.

My point however, was to make my way to the logical extreme of Watching vs. Acting.

But I still believe that the original hypothetical proposition SHOULD read "If it's OK for you to hire a stripper for your bachelor party, would you feel the same if your fiancee ALSO hired a stripper for her bachelorette party?"

There are no straw men in that question.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Toxick said:
But I still believe that the original hypothetical proposition SHOULD read "If it's OK for you to hire a stripper for your bachelor party, would you feel the same if your fiancee ALSO hired a stripper for her bachelorette party?"

Here here! :cheers:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
DoWhat said:
Do you want a stripper for your bachelor party?
I don't care one way or the other, but if there is one, I'd want it to be at a club. I don't want one that's hired specifically for my party.

My fiancee would prefer I don't have one, but I told her to take it up with my best man, since I'm not the one planning it.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
I don't care one way or the other, but if there is one, I'd want it to be at a club. I don't want one that's hired specifically for my party.

My fiancee would prefer I don't have one, but I told her to take it up with my best man, since I'm not the one planning it.
My wife didn't want me to go to a strip club for mine either, so I didn't.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
Great - make it his problem. Chicken :razz:
That's called "risk management" Vrai. I'm transferring the risk away from myself onto someone else. :killingme

I actually told the Maid-of-Honor she should take my fiancee out to a male revue. She's never been and I think everyone should go to a strip club at least once.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
sleuth said:
That's called "risk management" Vrai. I'm transferring the risk away from myself onto someone else. :killingme

I actually told the Maid-of-Honor she should take my fiancee out to a male revue. She's never been and I think everyone should go to a strip club at least once.
Bachelor Parties are a tradition just like the bride wearing something old and something new. They give the guys in the wedding party something to talk about prior to the wedding. A private stripper is way better than the club. Cause there is no sex in the champagne room!!! :lmao:

Dougstermd said:
Bachelor Parties are a tradition just like the bride wearing something old and something new. They give the guys in the wedding party something to talk about prior to the wedding. A private stripper is way better than the club. Cause there is no sex in the champagne room!!! :lmao:

Yes they are! I agree with that completley...which is why I was soo pissed my buddies finace would NOT let us have a bachelor party for him. She said "you have a bachelor party and we will not be getting married"....I tried but to no avail. I dont think it will last too long..... :popcorn:

nomoney

Dougstermd said:

Having a bachelor party does not automatically mean "here come the strippers"

Yes bachelor parties are tradition but who says getting your freak on has to be included :confused:

nomoney

Chasey_Lane said:
Day better have strippers at his, otherwise it's just a waste of time. :whistle:
:shrug: it's totally up to the man what goes on at his bachelor party (not the fiance's, and not the best mans)IMO. Whatever they want to do and feel comfortable with. After all you chose to marry the man for some reason or another-you should be able to trust their judgement :shrug:

so when is the big date chasey? :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
nomoney said:
:shrug: it's totally up to the man what goes on at his bachelor party (not the fiance's, and not the best mans)IMO. Whatever they want to do and feel comfortable with. After all you chose to marry the man for some reason or another-you should be able to trust their judgement :shrug:
I understand that, and I've already told Day he should have the best bachelor party he wants. I trust him and have no reason to deny him of a fun evening.