Banquet Homestyle Bakes

Christy

b*tch rocket
Crock pot cooking is the BEST!!! :yum: When purchasing a crock pot, be sure to get the kind where the crock actually comes out. Much easier to wash. :yay:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Speaking of crock pots - I have one and don't use it as much as I should. Anyone have any good crock recipes?? I've only tried doing a roast/veggies in one before.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Crockpot: Savory Pork Stew

1 1/3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast -- cut into 3/4" cubes
1 tablespoon oil
1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
salt and pepper -- to taste
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup half and half

In a Dutch oven or heavy skillet, heat oil and brown pork cubes over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken broth, onions and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Transfer everything to a crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Toward the end of cooking time, turn temperature control to HIGH. Then combine flour and half and half; mixing until smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Keep the lid off and cook, stirring until thickened. (depending on the make, model and age of your crockpot, you may need to place stew in a pot to thicken on the stovetop). It's not going to be really thick anyway-just thicker.

It's supposed to serve 4, but don't count on it. You can easily double the recipe and still have room in the crockpot. Oh and PF, it only has 4g of carbs per serving (assuming the recipe as stated makes 4 servings.)

She made this last night. It was awsome! I want it again ASAP. Wonder how it would be with venison instead of pork...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Crockpot Chicken

6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can chicken gravy

Combine tomatoes and gravy. Place 3 chicken breasts in crockpot and cover with half of the gravy mixture. Place the other 3 breasts on top of that and cover with the rest of the gravy. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

If you have leftovers, chunk up the chicken, dump a can of Veg-All in it and make chicken pot pie for a second meal.

OliveOyl

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Thanks I didn't think of it that way, BEFORE.:biggrin:

Glad to see you're discussing such things with your doctor.

Or is it just that you no be understandin'?

Danzig

Originally posted by OliveOyl
Behind on my posts = have a life outside of SMIBville

Quite a life you have there.
Sit home and drink in front of the computer and make fun of others........WOW, That is one great life. You go girl. You are all that. Please, tell us more about what a great life you have.

Or is my post too much for you to be understandin'?

Dymphna

Here's tonight's dinner

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken
Serves 6
1 1/2 pounds skinned chicken drumsticks (6 pieces)
3 pounds skinless chicken thighs (6 pieces)
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup instant chopped onion
2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes -- undrained, and chopped

Trim fat from the chicken.
Place chicken in a crockpot; stir in wine and next 8 ingredients (wine through tomatoes). Cover with lid, and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour.
Reduce heat setting to low, and cook for 3-1/2 hours.

Dymphna

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Show off. But you can redeem yourself by inviting me over to dinner. :yum:

I didn't name it, I just cut and pasted it. I agree, yours is simplier. You're welcome for dinner, we eat about 6.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Italian Beef

Originally posted by PFgal
Anyone have any good crock recipes

put your roast in the pot, and for each lb of meat, use one packet of dry italian dressing mix (the prep yourself stuff from good seasons). cover the roast 3/4 with water. let cook all day on low.

when you get home, take out your meat and shred it with a fork. this will be easy b/c it just falls apart b/c it's so tender. :yum: put your meat back in the juice for a few minutes. serve it on sub/sandwich rolls.

:yum: :yum:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Tigger, heres another web site that might give you more ideas for recipes ... make double batches of things between now and when the baby comes, put them in freezer bags or freezer safe containers and TWL will have meals ready to fix with little effort ... I've been using my crock pot for years , throw ingredients in the crock pot in the morning , turn it on and go ... there is nothing better than coming home from work in the evening and dinner is ready ! Also winter time meals and crock pots go good together, soups, stews and casseroles cook so well in them ... You can use lots of healthy veggies and they are relatively inexpensive to fix too . :smile:

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm?PM=ss12_southernfood

TWLs wife

Originally posted by Rane
Tigger, heres another web site that might give you more ideas for recipes ... make double batches of things between now and when the baby comes, put them in freezer bags or freezer safe containers and TWL will have meals ready to fix with little effort ... I've been using my crock pot for years , throw ingredients in the crock pot in the morning , turn it on and go ... there is nothing better than coming home from work in the evening and dinner is ready ! Also winter time meals and crock pots go good together, soups, stews and casseroles cook so well in them ... You can use lots of healthy veggies and they are relatively inexpensive to fix too . :smile:

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm?PM=ss12_southernfood

Thank you Rane. I put the website in me computer. Thanks