Barack, from his own website

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Want to talk issues? Let's go:

Disabilities
First, provide Americans with disabilities with the educational opportunities they need to succeed.
Like what? Don't disabled people already have a right to education?

Second, end discrimination and promote equal opportunity.
How does he intend to end discrimination - thought control?

Third, increase the employment rate of workers with disabilities.
Again, how does he intend to do that? Start a business and hire disabled people only? Force a quota system? And since alcoholism is now considered a disability, can I just drink myself senseless and it will count?

And fourth, support independent, community-based living for Americans with disabilities.
I think everyone supports that. This is nothing new. How does he plan on making it happen? Or is he not going to really do anything but "support" it?

Once more, Barack talks a lot and says nothing. No real plan, or even thinking about a plan, to make his dreams come true. He's just content to dream and talk about change.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's one of my favorites from the Poverty issue:

Create a Green Jobs Corps: Obama will create a program to directly engage disadvantaged youth in energy efficiency opportunities to strengthen their communities, while also providing them with practical skills in this important high-growth career field.

We already have a million programs to help disadvantaged youth, yet we have more gangs and crime than ever. So why should we, the taxpayers, fund another one?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From Poverty again:
Create a Living Wage: Obama will raise the minimum wage and index it to inflation to make sure that full-time workers can earn a living wage that allows them to raise their families and pay for basic needs such as food, transportation, and housing.
So Barack raises the minimum wage, businesses raise prices to accommodate the increased payroll expense, and poor people STILL can't afford anything.

Brilliant.

Besides, as we established last time we had a thread about this, there is almost no one who supports a family and makes minimum wage. Most minimum wage jobs are fast food and retail jobs that high school kids get.

lbreder

2into4
Does anyone know where I can go to find out what seats (both houses) are up this election cycle?

SamSpade

From Poverty again:

So Barack raises the minimum wage, businesses raise prices to accommodate the increased payroll expense, and poor people STILL can't afford anything.

Brilliant.

Besides, as we established last time we had a thread about this, there is almost no one who supports a family and makes minimum wage. Most minimum wage jobs are fast food and retail jobs that high school kids get.

This reminds me of a joke we used to say about Jimmy Carter, back in high school:

"Mah name is Jimmah Cartah, and ah believe if ev'yone gave me a dollah, I'd be a millionaih. So ah propose we all get togethah in Plains Georgia - and we all give each other a dollah....

And we'll ALL be millionaihs...."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This reminds me of a joke we used to say about Jimmy Carter, back in high school:

"Mah name is Jimmah Cartah, and ah believe if ev'yone gave me a dollah, I'd be a millionaih. So ah propose we all get togethah in Plains Georgia - and we all give each other a dollah....

And we'll ALL be millionaihs...."

:lmao:

I do not think Barack Obama is a stupid person, although he tries hard to project that image. I think he knows how things work, and knows damn well that most of his issue "solutions" will not only *not* fix a problem, but will make it worse.

camily

Peace
From Poverty again:

Brilliant.

Tell that to a hispanic.

SamSpade

:lmao:

I do not think Barack Obama is a stupid person, although he tries hard to project that image. I think he knows how things work, and knows damn well that most of his issue "solutions" will not only *not* fix a problem, but will make it worse.

Minimum wage is just one of those hot button issues that typically make people look at Republicans as big ol' meanies, but there's not only no reason for it to actually do what people want it to do, there's mounds of evidence that it does the opposite - in the short term, it costs jobs, and in the long term, it accomplishes nothing.

Obama at least was smart enough to notice that a gas tax relief idea was stupid pandering, but promises to create a living minimum wage is bad economics and reeks of typical Democratic class warfare crap.

camily

Peace
Except that a minimum wage law wouldn't affect them anyway. I assume you mean, an illegal alien and not a Hispanic.

Nope. I know of pleanty that are here legally and work several minum wage jobs to support their family here and their family in their home counrty.